British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

NL Fours 7th July (now 13th)

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Bit concerned to see that the old Stoke track concerns were raised during the Plymouth match? There have been positive noises coming from Loomer Road recently. It was certainly brave to take on a meeting of this nature and there will be a riot if a decent crowd turns up and witnesses a poor meeting due to the infamous track.

Where were these Track concerns raised may I ask as no one came to me and said there was anything  amiss  there was a track grade when requested and as far as I know there was only One Rider that moaned  and then complained about the Sun same Rider not having a good night no complaints about the Sun from any other Rider as it was behind the clouds  within seconds so don`t know where you have heard these complaints,might have been a bit more shale on than usual but the track was there to be attacked.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:19 PM, Gunner85 said:

Attendance will suffer... lots of people avoid Loomer Road

My advice is to give it a try. I stopped going a few years ago because virtually everything about Stoke was an example as to how not to do it.

I have been back a couple of times this season and the track is massively - and I mean massively - improved. 

They deserve this one and I only hope that no-one is put off by a past reputation.

Line-ups

GROUP A
Cradley - Jack Smith, Max Clegg, Dan Halsey, Tom Spencer. Res Harry McGurk. TM Will Pottinger

Leicester - Danyon Hume, Ryan Terry Daley, Joe Thompson, Dan Thompson. Res Luke Whitehead. TM David Howard

Stoke - Tom Perry, Connor Coles, Joe Lawlor, Luke Priest. Res Joe Alcock. TM Adam Isherwood

Isle of Wight - Ben Morley, Georgie Wood, Danno Verge, Chad Wirtzfeld. Res Connor King

GROUP B
Plymouth - Richard Andrews, Ben Wilson, Luke Chessell, David Wallinger. Res Adam Sheppard. TM Mattie Bates

Belle Vue - Connor Bailey, Danny Phillips, Jordan Palin, Kyle Bickley. Res Ben Rathbone TM Steve William’s & Graham Goodwin.

Kent - Drew Kemp, Anders Rowe, Jordan Jenkins, Rob Ledwith. Res TBC TM Chris Hunt

Mildenhall - Danny Ayres, Henry Atkins, Matt Marson, Jason Edwards. Res Elliot Kelly TM Malcolm Vasey

When did Plymouth sign Chessell?

3 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Only announced this morning I believe fozzie

ah right ok. Only saw the RTD to Leicester move, Must have missed the Chessell one as it isn't on Plymouth's site either. Wonder how long he'll last this time

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

ah right ok. Only saw the RTD to Leicester move, Must have missed the Chessell one as it isn't on Plymouth's site either. Wonder how long he'll last this time

Plymouth are dreadful at announcing information. 

I have to say that I'm looking forward to it.

(To infinity and beyond )

In regards to Chessell it was on Plymouth’s Facebook page as a 28 day injury cover for Stoneman.

honestly think stokes to lose with the three heat leaders they have. Kent will be strong as well, I’ll go stoke first Kent second. Third and fourth between Mildenhall and Leicester.

Sorry to say but anyone signing Chessell is barmy. His injury is preventing him move on the bike properly and he looks like a uncomfortable amateur now, anyone continuing to track him is not just helping to tarnish his reputation further. 

Think Stoke have to start favourites but feel like Cradley could push them hard. The victor will be the team with fewest mistakes.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:19 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Bit concerned to see that the old Stoke track concerns were raised during the Plymouth match? There have been positive noises coming from Loomer Road recently. It was certainly brave to take on a meeting of this nature and there will be a riot if a decent crowd turns up and witnesses a poor meeting due to the infamous track.

did not see any real problems with the track other than a bit grippier than usual so the more inexperienced riders  found it a bit tricky but the top lads were banging in fast times. to be fair after a week of hot dry weather it poured down all morning and into the afternoon so prep was not easy. stoke are in with a good shout at winning this but feel it depends more on luke priest than the others to grab some points. hope the meeting is a huge success and all the riders and fans go home happy and safe. just one point for me the pa system on the back straight kept cutting in and out so was hard to get details sometimes so perhaps they could look at that in time. good to see that ricky ashworth is coming down and having a spin on his tandem. hope everyone can give him a rousing cheer as he goes round. come on the potters.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, porkypotter said:

did not see any real problems with the track other than a bit grippier than usual so the more inexperienced riders  found it a bit tricky but the top lads were banging in fast times. to be fair after a week of hot dry weather it poured down all morning and into the afternoon so prep was not easy. stoke are in with a good shout at winning this but feel it depends more on luke priest than the others to grab some points. hope the meeting is a huge success and all the riders and fans go home happy and safe. just one point for me the pa system on the back straight kept cutting in and out so was hard to get details sometimes so perhaps they could look at that in time. good to see that ricky ashworth is coming down and having a spin on his tandem. hope everyone can give him a rousing cheer as he goes round. come on the potters.

In fairness the comments were from the Plymouth corner so they weren't going to be that happy anyway plus a level of deflection from their own track woes. I genuinely hope that Stoke do lift some silverware as its been a long time coming as it shows what a fresh injection of energy can achieve.  

I am presuming that this meeting will be run on 2 x 8 race semi finals, top 2 teams to the Final?

The Final being over 12 races?

2 minutes ago, BobC said:

I am presuming that this meeting will be run on 2 x 8 race semi finals, top 2 teams to the Final?

The Final being over 12 races?

28 races before the curfew kicks in. Good luck!

7 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

28 races before the curfew kicks in. Good luck!

Only taking it in after the World U21 Final at Belle Vue. Cant say Id be too bothered about going otherwise!

1 minute ago, BobC said:

Only taking it in after the World U21 Final at Belle Vue. Cant say Id be too bothered about going otherwise!

Should be an afternoon meeting really. King's Lynn would have been ideal.

• Like 2