Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

NL Fours 7th July (now 13th)

Recommended Posts

But it does make it more attractive for me, as it would be easy to combine with the World Under 21 at Belle Vue on Friday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But it does make it more attractive for me, as it would be easy to combine with the World Under 21 at Belle Vue on Friday night.

That is a bonus for some but i do fear that many are in positions now where its a choice of either one rather than both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

This could now cause a fairly hefty financial loss for the sport.

These showpiece events need to be on a Sunday afternoon  when more people can travel to them, as so many people work all day on a Saturday.  I know a lot do on a Sunday too, but I doubt that there are such vast numbers working on that day.

Gutted at having to miss it.   

Lets face it Sunday afternoon and just across the border there would have likely been a decent amount of Mildenhall fans alone attending the event without the other clubs who are likely to feature well attending. Im certain a coach from Kent on a Sunday afternoon would have been an easier sell if it was heading to Kings Lynn rather than Stoke on a Saturday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Bumped back as its not the flagship event they wanted and will now rather than staging at a neutral top flight venue it will be held at Stoke.

The Pairs is already down to be held at Stoke, and now they have the Fours too.  So instead of neutral venues, Stoke now have the advantage in both.

The change will have appeased Cradley who can now have their full top four with Max Clegg now available.  But the new Stoke date clashes with the Berwick v Leicester Championship match which means that Belle Vue and Leicester now both lose their No.1 rider with Leon Flint and Ellis Perks now unavailable.  That's two of the stronger teams and two of the league's drawcard riders now out of the running.

Basically they've took a problem of Clegg and Phillips being missing and swapped it for a bigger problem of having Perks & Flint missing, a non-neutral track, a poorer venue, and the loss of a Sunday raceday.

Only way to make it a bigger farce would be to change the rules and let Belle Vue and Leicester have a guest for Flint & Perks.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done British Speedway, having not seen a meeting all season due to all the London tracks, Arena Essex and Rye House all no longer having racing I had finally decided to go to Kings Lynn for the NL Fours. Advance train ticket and hotel booked only for the date and track to be changed! This is not the first time this has happened to me but it is the last given that the reason for moving the meeting is riders not being available but on the new date other teams will have riders who are not available. I wonder if it depends on which team is missing riders as to how important it is considered? 

 

EDIT:- BSPA website has information on a contact if you are in my situation which is very fair. I am glad to say that I had already persuaded the hotel to refund and by a piece of very good luck a friend is spending the weekend with family in Kings Lynn that weekend and was moaning about the cost of rail tickets. My advance ticket was a lot cheaper than he had found so he has now got my ticket and we are both happy. Well done the organisers for thinking about the effects of the change they have made. 

Edited by Chris116
Further information
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Well done British Speedway, having not seen a meeting all season due to all the London tracks, Arena Essex and Rye House all no longer having racing I had finally decided to go to Kings Lynn for the NL Fours. Advance train ticket and hotel booked only for the date and track to be changed! This is not the first time this has happened to me but it is the last given that the reason for moving the meeting is riders not being available but on the new date other teams will have riders who are not available. I wonder if it depends on which team is missing riders as to how important it is considered? 

Only one fixture in the CL that day - Berwick vs Leicester, so might have a slight impact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another event to remove from my calendar. I've done one meeting at Stoke this season, two would be pushing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will British Speedway work our that they cannot change dates at late notice?! I have time off work on the 7th to go to KL and now don’t know if I’ll make it to Stoke. Others will be in the same boat with now being committed to working and will have booked hotels etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

When will British Speedway work our that they cannot change dates at late notice?! I have time off work on the 7th to go to KL and now don’t know if I’ll make it to Stoke. Others will be in the same boat with now being committed to working and will have booked hotels etc. 

What i am about to say has a level of common sense applied to it so BSPA look away now.

Start of season pre book a weekend dates for NL Fours, Pairs and Individual event. 

Prevent and Championship team running on this day and/or make it clear that these meetings take priority.

Should a Championship team need to re-arrange on a date and/or a rider signs mid season again make it clear that these meetings take priority.

Once the dates have been set, the venues booked etc then stick to them that way you don't cheese off the paying public who stick with the sport despite the great efforts from the top to destroy it. Keep it up Mr Pipe doing wonders so far :t:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Only way to make it a bigger farce would be to change the rules and let Belle Vue and Leicester have a guest for Flint & Perks.

Please, not even in jest!   The league currently has a coordinator who might take you seriously on this.  Don't give him silly ideas.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Start of season pre book a weekend dates for NL Fours, Pairs and Individual event. 

Prevent and Championship team running on this day and/or make it clear that these meetings take priority.

Should a Championship team need to re-arrange on a date and/or a rider signs mid season again make it clear that these meetings take priority.

Once the dates have been set, the venues booked etc then stick to them that way you don't cheese off the paying public who stick with the sport despite the great efforts from the top to destroy it. Keep it up Mr Pipe doing wonders so far :t:

If I were the events organiser for the NL Fours and Pairs, the first  second*  thing I would do is tell the BSPA I need priority granting for these fixtures the same as the NLRC, so that I don't end up looking stupid if other clubs come bumbling in, 2 weeks before the event, taking away riders.   (*obviously the first thing I'd do is order a personally monogrammed anorak).

 

Edited by CottonOn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"NDL co-ordinator Jason Pipe explained: “This is a decision that had to be made in the end to give the event the credibility it deserves. "

Credibility at Stoke lol

At least with the 6.30pm start time they might get it finished for 10.30pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rob B said:

"NDL co-ordinator Jason Pipe explained: “This is a decision that had to be made in the end to give the event the credibility it deserves. "

Credibility at Stoke lol

At least with the 6.30pm start time they might get it finished for 10.30pm.

A 3pm or 5pm start and some people (locals) might get home on the same day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy