British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

NL Fours 7th July (now 13th)

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

"NDL co-ordinator Jason Pipe explained: “This is a decision that had to be made in the end to give the event the credibility it deserves. "

Credibility at Stoke lol

At least with the 6.30pm start time they might get it finished for 10.30pm.

It might finish on Saturday you mean!

7 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Fingers crossed the generator keeps going!

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Fingers crossed the generator keeps going!

Certainly haha. Well if the NL Fours turn into a debacle there then nobody will turn up for the NL Pairs there!

12 hours ago, Rob B said:

"NDL co-ordinator Jason Pipe explained: “This is a decision that had to be made in the end to give the event the credibility it deserves. "

Credibility at Stoke lol

At least with the 6.30pm start time they might get it finished for 10.30pm.

Seriously, Speedway should compile a book of quotes for all the different situations that happen every week of the season and flog it at Xmas...

It would be a comedy classic...

Michael Mcintrye would be getting some of the Speedway fraternity in as his writers..

Speedway and Credibilty in the same sentence? :D

Its got so much credibility that the venue and day has changed a few weeks before the event..!

My lad has his 'prom' tonight (bloody yanks:rolleyes:), it was known last September where and when it was...

A National Sporting Championship?

That you want an ever decreasing customer base to give support to?

Not a chance of being that detailed..

Edited by mikebv

13 hours ago, StevePark said:

Whilst upsetting for those who have made arrangements that are non refundable (although they really should know better) Contacting the Piper who may offer compensations (doesn't actually say anything other than get in touch so might just laugh at you) but if he does this will come from the BSPA funds and indirectly from the paying public, so congratulations everyone you are paying for yet another cock up.

This meeting has been kicked from pillar to post for years, so this is no suprise. I remember Coventry stepped in to stage it because no one else wanted to. The NL pairs usually gets the same treatment.

13 hours ago, Islander15 said:

well considering there is a 9.30 pm curfew in place this meeting will not run into the night. to be fair stoke are taking flack here that should be directed towards the bspa or whoever. the last meeting at stoke ran very well. I live in Stafford and was home by 9.30 and if the ref cracks on with it there should not be a problem. also it is high summer now so should not need the floodlights on very much. looking forward to a good meeting and a good trouble free night for all the riders involved.

• Like 1

Personally I cant make it now, pretty gutted tbh. But I hope its supported well so it remains a fixture next year.

11 hours ago, porkypotter said:

well considering there is a 9.30 pm curfew in place this meeting will not run into the night. to be fair stoke are taking flack here that should be directed towards the bspa or whoever. the last meeting at stoke ran very well. I live in Stafford and was home by 9.30 and if the ref cracks on with it there should not be a problem. also it is high summer now so should not need the floodlights on very much. looking forward to a good meeting and a good trouble free night for all the riders involved.

Hope it isn't too sunny...

It can play havoc as it goes down...;)

Edited by mikebv

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

Hope it isn't too sunny...

It can play havoc as it goes down...;)

you are right mike it is a pain sometimes and can hold up racing. the setting sun is in direct line with the starting gate but what can you do other than turn the track around. lets hope we get just enough cloud cover to shield the glare but no rain please. I am sure stoke is not the only track that has this problem.

You can now meet Buzz Lightyear and Woody at the NL Fours.    That should get the crowd up.

After the way it's been organised I'd have thought Mickey Mouse would have been a more appropriate character.

Bit concerned to see that the old Stoke track concerns were raised during the Plymouth match? There have been positive noises coming from Loomer Road recently. It was certainly brave to take on a meeting of this nature and there will be a riot if a decent crowd turns up and witnesses a poor meeting due to the infamous track.