British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Kings Lynn Thursday 20th June

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You kind of get the feeling that by the time we get our preferred 1-7 in place it’ll be too late in the season to achieve anything. 

Proctor and Slambert have to be gone for the next meeting. 

I wonder if Ty might of known tonight.

Agree will be to late soon

Edited by Bald Bloke

Was thinking a 5-1 in heat 14 would be helpful but didn’t really expect it with Kerr going so well. Lawson getting the better of Lambert R in heat 13 though was my highlight otherwise it would have been 39 - 39 at that stage. Only three last places out of 15 emphasises the team ethic the Witches have at the moment.

Another great contribution from Heeps, despite his arm aching from carrying a heavy collection bucket for the benefit fund. Hope the collection went well.

Edited by Tactical Joker
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You kind of get the feeling that by the time we get our preferred 1-7 in place it’ll be too late in the season to achieve anything. 

Possibly but with 4 from 7 qualifying it only takes 2 or 3 good away results to scrape in so may only need one good month

When Riss returns he will need to be back on it straightaway or it could slip out of reach quickly

If Simon is replaced that change could well be just as pivotal. At home he is solid - lose those points and even with Riss back there could still be struggles

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I hope they can change the riders for whom i said,but very much doubt they can change them both come next Monday.Pretty sure they would have to play it careful to get one in a the end of June and one on the 1st of July.But they probably don't have Douglas in mind anyway.

They have to bring Riss back when fit there's no question about that.If they have a different reserve in mind then they could make both changes by the next meeting.

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Possibly but with 4 from 7 qualifying it only takes 2 or 3 good away results to scrape in so may only need one good month

When Riss returns he will need to be back on it straightaway or it could slip out of reach quickly

If Simon is replaced that change could well be just as pivotal. At home he is solid - lose those points and even with Riss back there could still be struggles

Makes sense. Douglas for Rambo and Riss for Ty, would be ok. Like you say, Erik would need to hit the ground running. 

Kerr's average up after tonight. Ty's down. Lambo's upAgree, we need to hurry if we are gonna change it up.

Edited by Bald Bloke

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Makes sense. Douglas for Rambo and Riss for Ty, would be ok. Like you say, Erik would need to hit the ground running. 

Kerr's average up after tonight. Ty's down. Lambo's upAgree, we need to hurry if we are gonna change it up.

Remember averages are rolling now.Just because Kerr scored 12 tonight an average of 8,he may have dropped off a score of 14 from 5 or something like that which in turn would actually reduce his average.I will wait to see what the averages are when they are put on the Lynn/BSPA website it's a lot easier that way:wink:

1 hour ago, 1984Star said:

Proctor needs to go cost us big time tonight and not the first time this season.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Wasn't there, but it looked like the Stars battled.

Shame the didn't get a point.

Ty has been shocking this season. TJ has been poor away.

Great effort by Lewis tonight. Good to see him scoring well.

52 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

47 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wonder if Ty might of known tonight.

Agree will be to late soon

One very lonely, unhappy rider in the pits tonight was Ty, last time I saw a rider like that was the evening before Lewis Rose "took a break" from speedway.

He has been our "superguest" for several seasons and normally rides our track well, I understand why you want him dropped, but think he's really down in the dumps.

• Like 2

Wow, still in shock tbh, how we won that AND by enough for the stars to get no points. After the heat 12 3-3, where we really needed a 5-1, I thought that was it, having to face Cook and Lambert in 13 & 15, but write this team off at your peril, boy did they dig deep and pull off a wonder. 

I know many of you knock Ritchie, but he certainly knows how to motivate the TEAM, yes they certainly are a TEAM.

Really proud of the lads tonight, especially Cam and Richard.

But I felt so sorry for Ty.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Badge said:

One very lonely, unhappy rider in the pits tonight was Ty, last time I saw a rider like that was the evening before Lewis Rose "took a break" from speedway.

He has been our "superguest" for several seasons and normally rides our track well, I understand why you want him dropped, but think he's really down in the dumps.

It's not the first time this season he's been left to stew in the pits, how frustrating this year has been for him, hard to dig yourself out of that hole ....

Absolutely FABULOUS, well done Witches and Stars fans:

Ipswich Speedway Supporters Club

2 hrs · 

What can we say, we've only just gone and beaten last year's total for the Benevolent Fund collection.
Tonight your donations totalled a fantastic £2,361 93. A heartfelt thank you to each and everyone of you who contributed. It really is a fantastic amount.

• Like 8

We always get good donations at Foxhall 

On a different note,,, was there any stars fans at Foxhall? I didn't see any 

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

We always get good donations at Foxhall 

On a different note,,, was there any stars fans at Foxhall? I didn't see any 

I didn't hear much of the Ipswich fans until the last two races either!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Think its worth in the cold light of day giving Dickie a special mention for last nights performance

Since his move to No1 he really has stepped up. The poor night at Lynn on Monday couldve caused some to doubt. Instead he was determined to make amends and did it and more besides :t:

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think its worth in the cold light of day giving Dickie a special mention for last nights performance

Since his move to No1 he really has stepped up. The poor night at Lynn on Monday couldve caused some to doubt. Instead he was determined to make amends and did it and more besides :t:

Quite agree. Not a rider I knew a lot about previously, but he spoke very well after the last ever meeting at Lakeside last season. Keep it going :t: