British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maneacat

Peterborough V Swindon 20th June

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Depends who's available or willing really.We as fans don't always know who can and will ride.BWD's  average isn't that high neither so this also limits the guests.So out of those left probably only Wells was willing to take the booking:unsure:

There are many riders under BWD's average who would most likely do a better job, whether they are available or willing  is a different matter.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

There are many riders under BWD's average who would most likely do a better job, whether they are available or willing  is a different matter.

Yes 7 from the PL,1 being Wells.I didn't say how many there was but it would give you a much better chance of getting a decent guest had he a 7pt average.But having said that nowadays many riders seem reluctant to take bookings.Only normally a select few will do it.

7 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

My patience with Buster is wearing thin again now. Why on earth has Ricky Wells been booked to guest? Buster taking the p*ss out of us again. 

Parsimony wins again.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lukas said:

After his awful performance a couple of weeks ago this is another shocking Panthers guest decision. And of course Swindon go for Bellego who would have been a no brainer for us. I might actually give this a miss now with Hans not fit either..totally disillusioned and another uninspiring chapter in this uninspiring season.

I'd make the most of it. It might only be June but we've only 4 programmed league fixtures left after this, with one also to re-arrange, and the humongous gap of Jul 15 to Sept 2 without any speedway and who knows what happens after that.

Wells rode the Showground fairly well last year, when he guested for us, albeit in the Championship.

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan

6 hours ago, Crump99 said:

I'd make the most of it. It might only be June but we've only 4 programmed league fixtures left after this, with one also to re-arrange, and the humongous gap of Jul 15 to Sept 2 without any speedway and who knows what happens after that.

Thought panthers had only ridden 5 home meets in league  so should have another 6 after tonight or am I being dumb 

Edited by hans fan

9 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Buster owns Both Peterborough and Ipswich    Carl Johnson and Colin Pratt at P/B and Hawkins and Louis at Ipswich   are the Team Managers     Busters name isnt listed in the lists of Officials  at either track  according  to their Programmes  and web sites.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

5 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

It seems a poor piper is paid poorly to play a poor tune.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hans fan said:

Thought panthers had only ridden 5 home meets in league  so should have another 6 after tonight or am I being dumb 

No you're probably right. I was just trying to make sense of it quickly, late at night using Panthers website - fatal mistake to make the reply accurate. I just turn up these days at the EoES and don't pay as much attention as I once used to.

The point stands though that there are not many fixtures left in 2019 and this is far from the worst meeting to be seen so unless finances or other factors are a huge problem then  make the most of it would be my advice to any waverers.

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

It seems a poor piper is paid poorly to play a poor tune.

And is he pickled?  :)

If his name were Peter, it's quite likely. Certainly, someone is on the Ipswich, King's Lynn, Peterborough Merry Go Round jig a jig.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crump99 said:

There are only four programmed fixtures remaining after tonight, but two to rearrange.

9 hours ago, hans fan said:

There are twelve home meetings in total in a seven team league meeting each other twice.

7 hours ago, Crump99 said:

No you're probably right. I was just trying to make sense of it quickly, late at night using Panthers website - fatal mistake to make the reply accurate. I just turn up these days at the EoES and don't pay as much attention as I once used to.

The point stands though that there are not many fixtures left in 2019 and this is far from the worst meeting to be seen so unless finances or other factors are a huge problem then  make the most of it would be my advice to any waverers.

The Panthers website fixture list omits to mention, under ‘to be arranged’, two outstanding fixtures - the Belle Vue rain-off restaging, and the Wolverhampton meeting originally scheduled for 24th June.

Edited by NeilWatson

Will go 45 each.