British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maneacat

Peterborough V Swindon 20th June

11 minutes ago, champs99 said:

No, Roscoe has admitted he made a school boy error, and was in fact talking to referee over the radio before heat 14 started

What was he doing?  Did he forget why he was at the meeting?

I mean, even if Jensen or Doyle didn't fancy it, Perks should have replaced the abysmal Starke in 14.

Rosco often comes across as being a bit dim, but still hard to believe he forgot to use a TS in the only race he could have used it.

If he was on the phone to the ref before heat 14 it may of been to ask him how he let the start of heat 13 go where Andersen was clearly moving and got a flyer, however it made no difference to the result as the Panthers were totally dominant in the second half of the meeting

Congratulations to Peterborough they had too much pace for the Robins tonight. Only Razza and Bellego looked to have any pace about them. Doyley & Batch seemed to lack power and looked off the pace.

Well done to the Panthers a great comeback by them,  in a way this result shows our limitations. I felt we were gaining momentum but we have slipped up again.without Musielak and a change at reserve we may now struggle to get a top four place.The fixture list planning well is something to be desired  a  real nightmare we don't have another league meeting until early July. A real stop start campaign which makes it hard to get consistency and get points on the board i was confident of a win tonight so it is disappointing back to the drawing board I suppose.

9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Strange averages again that Ricky Wells an established Championship number one has a lower Premiership average than Josh Bates whos a third heat leader/second string in the Championship,  

He doesnt convert between the 2 leagues like he should imo. It's a very weird situation. Happened throughout his career. Struggles even more when he doesn't enjoy his home track.

He has started okay in the championship, certainly at home for Edinburgh, so it's a bit of a myth that he's started poorly everywhere.

As a BV supporter I'm not at all happy with that performance. He's done next to nothing for us this season then goes and bangs in a score like that on a track very similar to the NSS. It's big and fast and has plenty of racing lines, you need a strong motor.

I would suspect he is still on borrowed time at BV, another poor meeting, especially at home, after that type of performance last night and I'd be saying goodbye.

7 hours ago, champs99 said:

No, Roscoe has admitted he made a school boy error, and was in fact talking to referee over the radio before heat 14 started

Just the usual Twitter BS then - glad to hear it

1 hour ago, acef said:

He doesnt convert between the 2 leagues like he should imo. It's a very weird situation. Happened throughout his career. Struggles even more when he doesn't enjoy his home track.

He has started okay in the championship, certainly at home for Edinburgh, so it's a bit of a myth that he's started poorly everywhere.

As a BV supporter I'm not at all happy with that performance. He's done next to nothing for us this season then goes and bangs in a score like that on a track very similar to the NSS. It's big and fast and has plenty of racing lines, you need a strong motor.

I would suspect he is still on borrowed time at BV, another poor meeting, especially at home, after that type of performance last night and I'd be saying goodbye.

Based on that performance we can swap him for Bates if you want?

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just the usual Twitter BS then - glad to hear it

The BS originated from Rosco who lied in the first place. No fault of anyone else. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

Based on that performance we can swap him for Bates if you want?

Ha! Bates is another hyped up, totally over rated rider. Never took to him. For me he is a throttle jockey and has no craft or talent on the bike.

He is also short fused. Not a good combination.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Is it right that Swindon were unable to make a planned T/S in heat 14 die to the pit phone being out of operation?

What normally happens in this case is that Swindon will wait until the play off cut off date and if there a few points off the play offs and Peterborough are in, then they appeal, win and the points are awarded to Swindon and removed from Peterborough, the wind up merchants do there job, Peterborough fans defend there team and get called whinging moaners the play offs are run and Peterborough's season ends. 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Gavan said:

Bunch of whinging fans ....3rd in the league and getting good racing ..... what do you want??

1st in the league and good racing

• Like 5

On 6/21/2019 at 8:40 AM, sandking072 said:

Any times for this meeting please? Can't find them anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Anyone able to help please? Not on the updates or Swindon Advertiser sites.

1 hour ago, sandking072 said:

Anyone able to help please? Not on the updates or Swindon Advertiser sites.

58.4 58.7 57.8 58.2 59.4 59.3 58.2 59.8 59.4 59.6 interval 61.3 61.6 60.6 60.9 59.3 

• Like 1