British Speedway Forum

I'm looking forward to it, usually a decent day out. The forecast looks good at the moment, which is a bonus.

I note the NL Fours' date and venue have been changed due to 'unavailability of riders' due to a grasstrack meeting which seemingly takes priority over speedway.
Why should speedway bow down to grasstrack? 
Speedway is becoming more farcical with every shared event that happens.

• Confused 1

Its now the 20th June and the "Fours" are on the 23rd, and still nothing on the BSPA website, prices TBA, riders TBA, or have they announced it somewhere else?

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

I note the NL Fours' date and venue have been changed due to 'unavailability of riders' due to a grasstrack meeting which seemingly takes priority over speedway.
Why should speedway bow down to grasstrack? 
Speedway is becoming more farcical with every shared event that happens.

Where have you seen that? What date and what venue? Still on the Peterborough website and I doubt they would change the date of a big meeting like that surely.

4 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Where have you seen that? What date and what venue? Still on the Peterborough website and I doubt they would change the date of a big meeting like that surely.

NL Fours were due at King's Lynn on 7th July but now at Stoke on 13th July. Stoke site has the details as does BSPA fixture list. 

• Like 2

Oh god. Missed the important bit ~  NL. :D I thought this thread was the Championship Fours at Peterborough so didn't even think of another Fours event. Sorry. 

12 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Oh god. Missed the important bit ~  NL. :D I thought this thread was the Championship Fours at Peterborough so didn't even think of another Fours event. Sorry. 

No problem -  Just waiting for Buster to now change the CL FOURS to KL lol  B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buttons said:

Its now the 20th June and the "Fours" are on the 23rd, and still nothing on the BSPA website, prices TBA, riders TBA, or have they announced it somewhere else?

No idea about riders but prices are - Adults £20, Concessions £15, 5-15 £4 and under 5s free. Programme is £4.

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

No idea about riders 

Perhaps it's part of the master plan to involve the public more by having to fill in every rider in every heat.

Edited by Eduds1

1 hour ago, Eduds1 said:

Perhaps it's part of the master plan to involve the public more by having to fill in every rider in every heat.

I should blooming well hope not. At £4 a program it should fill itself in.

Won't buy or fill in a program because I'm not bothered who wins in fact I'm not that bothered even if Cradley or Wolves were riding. I just hope for some good racing. Although this suits me I guess it sums up the state of speedway in the UK now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

For us none twitters can someone tell us the teams before we decide to go ??

Somerset - Schlein, Harros, Covatti, Kurtz Res Grobauer

Redcar - Wright, MPT, Stewart, Bacon Res Greaves

Leicester - Nicholls, Worrall, Bates, Douglas Res Perks

Eastbourne - Kennett, Newma, Lawson, Kerr Res Bowtell

Scunthorpe - Auty, Allen, Nielsen, Ayres Res Kinsley

Sheffield - King, Howarth, Kemp, Proctor Res Nicol

Edinburgh - Wells, Heeps, Pickering (if fit), Anderson Res Ruddick (if fit)

Glasgow - Cook, Vissing, Jensen, Starke Res Sarjeant

Birmingham - Ellis, Aarnio, Morris, Stoneman Res TBA

Newcastle - Worrall, Bjerre, Jorgensen, Wethers Res Clegg

Berwick - Summers, Doolan, Jacobsen, Etheridge Res Garcia

• Thanks 1