British Speedway Forum

Of the present day premiership Peterborough riders riding for there Championship club none of them made it to the final 

12 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Off to drown your sorrows now no doubt

Third not to bad with 3 riders

39 minutes ago, MANSE said:

looking @ the line up , you have the full quota of jockeys and a reserve . but a good result if you only had three jockeys !

44 minutes ago, MANSE said:

P$$s poor showing given all the hype and expectations  only surpassed by Leicester's failures :rofl:

• Haha 1

It was a very good meeting today with some excellent hard fought racing. 35 races for 20 quid was decent Value for money. It's not often you can say that about speedway.

• Like 2

The semi was a bit naff, but they final wow! Some excellent racing. Credit to the track staff and those running the event as it ran about as smooth as possible. No hanging about too much at all, just cracked straight on with it.

From a Sheffield standpoint I was very proud with our lot. Can't fault anyone as they were all busting an absolute gut all day long.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Ridiculous that teams having to use guests in a 4 team tournament

As I understand it, any team that has injuries, riders missing for other reasons etc can only replace them with an unattached rider. This is why it was difficult for Birmingham to field a side. Shame really and maybe a rule change that needs looking into for next year maybe.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Of the present day premiership Peterborough riders riding for there Championship club none of them made it to the final 

Have I missed something?

Cook and Harris were in the final.:D:cheers:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

As I understand it, any team that has injuries, riders missing for other reasons etc can only replace them with an unattached rider. This is why it was difficult for Birmingham to field a side. Shame really and maybe a rule change that needs looking into for next year maybe.

Unless you're Edinburgh, it seems !

Shambolic organisation.  Nearly one hour to sign a rider in.  Ran out of programmes (yes, I know they've apologised for that, but it should not have happened).  Only one bin on the back straight (or at least, so I was told).  At least they ran the meeting through swiftly (well done the Ref Graham Flint for that).  Well done Somerset on the win.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Yes correct.

there are some seriously miserable people on here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, StevePark said:

Unless you're Edinburgh, it seems !

Shambolic organisation.  Nearly one hour to sign a rider in.  Ran out of programmes (yes, I know they've apologised for that, but it should not have happened).  Only one bin on the back straight (or at least, so I was told).  At least they ran the meeting through swiftly (well done the Ref Graham Flint for that).  Well done Somerset on the win.

Utter Rubbish, the event was well organised, well run, had some very good entertaining racing and good weather with 34 races completed in about 4 hours.

The programme point is well made ( the BSPA decided on the amount printed despite the hosting clubs recommendations) and we ran out about 45 minutes before the start.

55 riders, 11 managers, about 2000 supporters, heaven knows how many cars and coaches and you moan about allegedly only having one bin on the back Straight.

You really ought to get a life, this is the biggest event the BSPA put on each year (Keith Chapmans Words) and Peterborough made a bloody good job of it.

2 hours ago, RPNY said:

there are some seriously miserable people on here

Their are, a certain Mr Park being one of them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Utter Rubbish, the event was well organised, well run, had some very good entertaining racing and good weather with 34 races completed in about 4 hours.

The programme point is well made ( the BSPA decided on the amount printed despite the hosting clubs recommendations) and we ran out about 45 minutes before the start.

55 riders, 11 managers, about 2000 supporters, heaven knows how many cars and coaches and you moan about allegedly only having one bin on the back Straight.

You really ought to get a life, this is the biggest event the BSPA put on each year (Keith Chapmans Words) and Peterborough made a bloody good job of it.

Their are, a certain Mr Park being one of them.

There was a lot to commend the meeting, but an awful lot not to.

Running out of programs more than half an hour before the start. Was the crowd really that much bigger than in the past. I don't think so.

Public address system. Inaudible on the back straight, Far too loud in the main stand. 5-10 second bursts of music!!! during the actual racing (as if the DJ was cuing up his music ready for the end of the race).

Presentation:- Rider interviews too often interrupted by the two minute warning. A simple glance by the interviewer to see the tractors leaving the track would have told him to wrap it up as theracing would have been about to restart. The interruption to Scott's interview was, in my opinion, downright rude. Simply to cut in to say regulation x, y, z, or whatever was being implemented and heat 12 was being run before heat 11, was unnecessary. There was plenty of time before the race for the interview to finish and the crowd to be informed of the change (the 2 minute warning hadn't been sounded. There was enough time even if it had). 

The atmosphere in the stadium seemed a bit flat, possibly due to a lack of a centregreen presenter to gee supporters up.

The pre-meeting parade. What was that all about? Where was the riders' introduction to the crowd? Team captains and manager!! your having a laff. REALLY!

And the toilets or more accurately, the lack of. There was a many people in the ONE and ONLY queue for the gents during the interval as there probably was left in the stand. Why was one of the two toilet blocks locked shut when the stand was probably at least 80% full?

This is the biggest event the BSPA put on each year (Keith Chapmans Words) and Peterborough made a bloody good p*ss poor job of the presentation/facility side

On the plus side track prep was spot on and the racing certainly didn't disappoint and the riders and track staff should be given credit for that. The meeting was progressed in good time without any unnecessary delays, or without it appearing to be in too much of a rush in view of the number of races to be run.

In short the BSPA could (and have) done better.

Oh, by the way, there was only one rubbish bin on the back straight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leander said:

There was a lot to commend the meeting, but an awful lot not to.

Running out of programs more than half an hour before the start. Was the crowd really that much bigger than in the past. I don't think so.

Public address system. Inaudible on the back straight, Far too loud in the main stand. 5-10 second bursts of music!!! during the actual racing (as if the DJ was cuing up his music ready for the end of the race).

Presentation:- Rider interviews too often interrupted by the two minute warning. A simple glance by the interviewer to see the tractors leaving the track would have told him to wrap it up as theracing would have been about to restart. The interruption to Scott's interview was, in my opinion, downright rude. Simply to cut in to say regulation x, y, z, or whatever was being implemented and heat 12 was being run before heat 11, was unnecessary. There was plenty of time before the race for the interview to finish and the crowd to be informed of the change (the 2 minute warning hadn't been sounded. There was enough time even if it had). 

The atmosphere in the stadium seemed a bit flat, possibly due to a lack of a centregreen presenter to gee supporters up.

The pre-meeting parade. What was that all about? Where was the riders' introduction to the crowd? Team captains and manager!! your having a laff. REALLY!

And the toilets or more accurately, the lack of. There was a many people in the ONE and ONLY queue for the gents during the interval as there probably was left in the stand. Why was one of the two toilet blocks locked shut when the stand was probably at least 80% full?

This is the biggest event the BSPA put on each year (Keith Chapmans Words) and Peterborough made a bloody good p*ss poor job of the presentation/facility side

On the plus side track prep was spot on and the racing certainly didn't disappoint and the riders and track staff should be given credit for that. The meeting was progressed in good time without any unnecessary delays, or without it appearing to be in too much of a rush in view of the number of races to be run.

In short the BSPA could (and have) done better.

Oh, by the way, there was only one rubbish bin on the back straight.

I was stood on the backstraight And didnt notice any issues with the audio. In fact, I stood in about 3 different place as I intially couldn't get a good view of the track because of the crowd, and still can't say I noticed any bother. The programme issue was unfortunate, but it happened and they responded quick with the print out. Whilst it's not perfect, it's at least something rather than nothing.

I'll agree, the initial presentation was a bit much. But other than that, I can't really fault it. It was absolutely fine and they steamed through with the meeting after that.