British Speedway Forum

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have the heat times from yesterday? Couldn't quite hear them from where I was stood... Thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have the heat times from yesterday? Couldn't quite hear them from where I was stood... Thanks in advance

Go on speedway updates sites they will be on that sorry just looked not on

Edited by Bandit59
Extra info

My first visit to Peterborough for a while, but with no Lakeside any more I needed to see some speedway.

I enjoyed it. The racing wasn't brilliant but it was fast and furious, and Chris Harris was always worth watching; and best of all they got on with it, the 2-minute warning coming on pretty much as the previous race finished.

I certainly didn't miss a centre-green presenter, and actually liked the fact that the introduction was limited to the captain and TM - with the presentation already starting 10 minutes late I wasn't looking forward to the introduction of all 44 riders (plus reserves perhaps)!

I too was unable to hear the announcer - I was in the stand at the entry to the first bend - and I could have done with a shorter interval between the Semi Finals and Final.

But all in all a very enjoyable afternoon, and good value with 34 heats (I didn't stay for the run-off).

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

no worries

Just got in from Kent v Belle Vue. I will post them tomorrow if still needed.

On 6/23/2019 at 7:37 PM, spin king junior said:

The semi was a bit naff, but they final wow! Some excellent racing. Credit to the track staff and those running the event as it ran about as smooth as possible. No hanging about too much at all, just cracked straight on with it.

From a Sheffield standpoint I was very proud with our lot. Can't fault anyone as they were all busting an absolute gut all day long.

Have to agree, with SKJ, the semi final, was a bit boring. The inside line was overwhelmingly dominant and the regular regrades, only succeeded in pulling the material back to the inside and preventing an outside line to develop. In short it was one liney. Thank god it improved for the final. That was much more like it. The fact that no track grading took place in the final (only watering), must have been a contributing factor, to an outside line developing. The inside line still remained, pretty fast but now the riders had options and it made for much more exciting racing. The final pulled the meeting out of the fire, I for one was underwhelmed, before that and I wasn't alone. Hopefully that maybe food for thought, for the organisers, in the future.

17 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Just got in from Kent v Belle Vue. I will post them tomorrow if still needed.

yes please, would be greatly appreciated

27 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

yes please, would be greatly appreciated

1.58.2, 2. 57.3, 3. 57.5, 4. 57.8, 5. 59.1, 6. 58.7, 7. 58.9, 8. 58.3, 9. 58.8, 10. 58.9, 11. 58.9, 12. 58.6, 13. 59.9, 14. 58.9, 15. 59.9, 16. 59.3, 17. 60.0, 18. 60.2, 19. 60.2, 20. 60.0, 21. 61.7, 22. 59.4, 23. 59.1, 24. 59.6, 25. 59.5, 26. 59.9, 27. 60.1, 28. 60.0, 29. 60.5, 30. 60.4, 31. 60.9, 32. 60.5, 33. 60.7, 34. 61.1, 35. 60.6.

Anybody got a link please ? To the race featuring Ben Barker and The Fish from day 1 of the 2 day 4TT

Thanks