British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike.Butler

Eastbourne v Scunthorpe - Sat 22JUN19

Anyone believe that a whole £1 (c. 6%) off admission is likely to have any effect on the attendance?

I recall Eastbourne being hauled up for knocking 50% off the admission price for a previous visit of Scunny when the visitors complained !  Not sure how I spent that 50p!

Great that I'll have double that this time to invest elewhere, but will Will Rob G take this as another insult re his teams likely performance? 

Surely their score won't be lower than Berwick's… 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike.Butler said:

Anyone believe that a whole £1 (c. 6%) off admission is likely to have any effect on the attendance?

I recall Eastbourne being hauled up for knocking 50% off the admission price for a previous visit of Scunny when the visitors complained !  Not sure how I spent that 50p!

Great that I'll have double that this time to invest elewhere, but will Will Rob G take this as another insult re his teams likely performance? 

Don't hold your breath mike, it's gonna be close. Eastie to hit 60 again.

15 hours ago, Mike.Butler said:

Surely the implication is save a £1 on admission and pop that £1 into the Macmillan Cancer Support collection box. It looks to me if the club is helping fan support this vital cancer charity. I can't see anything wrong in that.

Doesn't look like, and not being promoted, as a key to unlocking a greater attendance, if you read what it says on the club website.

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Surely the implication is save a £1 on admission and pop that £1 into the Macmillan Cancer Support collection box. It looks to me if the club is helping fan support this vital cancer charity. I can't see anything wrong in that.

Doesn't look like, and not being promoted, as a key to unlocking a greater attendance, if you read what it says on the club website.

That's the way I read it aswell.

Great initiative from a Club who lost its "heart and soul in Bob Dugard" to Cancer last year; and I understand from recent film that Tom Brennan's mom is  bravely fighting it as well.

If more people do turn up and Club and charity both make a few quid, then that's a win/win surely?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, gazzac said:

That's the way I read it aswell.

Yes: obviously the club can't tell people who save a quid to give it to Macmillan but there's a 'nudge' in that direction. It is a good cause.

HGould is right about the Bob and Tom's mum. Let's hope for a good night for speedway, Eastbourne and Macmillan Cancer Support.

And, of course, we have to give Mr Danny Ayres a big Arlington welcome. He will be expecting nothing less :neutral:

I love watching him -- usually worth the admission price alone - on his own.

Glad we are going to see him this year at Arlington. He delivers entertainment every time.

Sport needs more guys like Danny -- Mildenhall fans so lucky to see him week in week out.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Yes: obviously the club can't tell people who save a quid to give it to Macmillan but there's a 'nudge' in that direction. It is a good cause.

HGould is right about the Bob and Tom's mum. Let's hope for a good night for speedway, Eastbourne and Macmillan Cancer Support.

And, of course, we have to give Mr Danny Ayres a big Arlington welcome. He will be expecting nothing less :neutral:

I love watching him -- usually worth the admission price alone - on his own.

Glad we are going to see him this year at Arlington. He delivers entertainment every time.

Sport needs more guys like Danny -- Mildenhall fans so lucky to see him week in week out.

Can't argue with that. I've seen him ride three times this season and he only dropped 1 point in 17 rides.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:56 PM, Mike.Butler said:

well seen as your 50p went on such an insignificant thing that you can't remember it last time , perhaps you'll pop the quid you save this time in one of the collection boxes. 

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Be happy if Scunny got to 30

Especially with the lineup 

R/R for Jake

Broc Nicol at 5

Richard Andrews at 6

3 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Especially with the lineup 

R/R for Jake

Broc Nicol at 5

Richard Andrews at 6

Awful line up, they will do well to get past 25. Not a meeting for the neutrals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Awful line up, they will do well to get past 25. Not a meeting for the neutrals.

Certainly a tough ask when Danny Ayres (brilliant as he is) is the major selling point for the meeting. A dreadful team is being sent down from Scunthorpe that borderlines under strength. I know many teams may not be expecting to get a result at Eastbourne but they do deserve something to offer their crowds especially "in the best interests of the sport". 

Look forward to hearing about Jon Cooks programme notes this week.....should feature a full and snivelling apology but i doubt the odious man even has the bottle to do that.  

8 minutes ago, sharpandroid said:

Unfair comments above.

The team of Auty, Nielsen, Ayres, Kinsley, Nicol, Andrews, are capable of scoring well.

Yes they are and would be a very strong Nl side.  No disrespect to any of the riders as they will all put effort in but Scunny are travelling with 4 second strings. Nicol had a good night at Brum riding at reserve and now he takes the number 5 jacket. Auty could surprise but i don't expect Eastbourne to suit him. The facts are that this is highly likely to cost Eastbourne a lot and the Robfather will get away cheaply.