British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike.Butler

Eastbourne v Scunthorpe - Sat 22JUN19

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, Fozzie4388 said:

I know I will get accused of Knocking Scunthorpe again but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Eastbourne hit 70 in this meeting.

Even though you are a to$$$er towards  the Scorpions you might not be far off the mark. 64 ish may be.

We have a couple of riders that can ride tight tracks, unfortunately they are not there tonight. Would be difficult if they were.

7 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Even though you are a to$$$er towards  the Scorpions you might not be far off the mark. 64 ish may be.

Cheers babe love you :wub::wub:

Spoke to a Rob Godfrey last night at the Sheffield match and Broc Nicol was the only rider willing to take the guest booking at Eastbourne due to the Fours on Sunday ,so before slating Scunthorpe I thank Broc for stepping in and this is why speedway will not be a league sport within ten years in Britain

• Like 1

Fair play to Broc excellent performance, Nielsen scored well too. Ayres had his up and downs by looks of it. Hopefully the 2nd place in Heat 14 will give Ryan some confidence.

Well, Eastbourne didn't get 70, or even the 60 I predicted. Broc Nicol fought every inch of the way. Nielsen did well and Ayres put in a shift. Super evening for speedway and people around me enjoyed what they had seen...me too. Watching speedway in a t-shirt and shorts is sooooomuch better than the cold that I'm sure Newcastle brought with them

Last night far exceeded my expectations. A real battling performance from a patched up Scunny side. Broc Nicol was excellent, aggressive and fearless.

THANK YOU BROC NICOL! Oustanding score last night and saved Scunny from a 70-20 (or similar) scoreline...  Thought the rest of the lads might have out up a bit of a fight but we move onto the next one

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Last night far exceeded my expectations. A real battling performance from a patched up Scunny side. Broc Nicol was excellent, aggressive and fearless.

It was a perfect night for speedway and once the Scorpions settled down they did very well. Actually went toe-to-toe with the Eagles over most of the 2nd half of the meeting. Nicol was the main man and you could see how much of a threat he was when Kennett was really hard on him at one point -- that is Ed's own words from the Eastbourne website.

• Like 1

First visit in many years to Eastie. The prospect of a decent evening weather wise was more of an influence than the opposition being under-strength.

As others have said, Scorpions didn't INicol apart) really turn up until the last third of the meeting. All was well organised and the track well prepared with little to no dust evident during races. A couple of tape malfunctions plus riders anticipating the start extended things a bit but all finished well within two hours.

Very impressed with Broc Nicol, looked as if he had been riding the track for years.

12 hours ago, woofers said:

Impressed with Broc Nicol, looks a real racer.

Have to agree seen him a couple of times this season(one was the GP qualifier) and he was superb, and a real  entertainer,all out action.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:23 PM, M.D said:

Georgie Wood has just got back his engines  from the tuners, interesting to see how the Eagles go...

With respect that seems to be every week atm. 

Anyone care to estimate how the crowd was? Did a decent evening help negate a poor attraction of opposition? Glad to hear Broc Nicol offered plenty of opposition again although would expect him to have plenty of help as part of team Hagon.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With respect that seems to be every week atm. 

Anyone care to estimate how the crowd was? Did a decent evening help negate a poor attraction of opposition? Glad to hear Broc Nicol offered plenty of opposition again although would expect him to have plenty of help as part of team Hagon.

1,000 or thereabouts at a guess.

Just to add: on paper, Scunthorpe were not the best attraction but the meeting was better than the scoreline might suggest. 

Edited by Richard Weston

34 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

1,000 or thereabouts at a guess.

Just to add: on paper, Scunthorpe were not the best attraction but the meeting was better than the scoreline might suggest. 

Phew. Im glad the club didn't suffer as a result of a poor line up "on Paper" along with the draw of the fours the following day. Still quite a gamble for the Eagles to run