British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

23/06/19.Swindon sprockets v Kent + 2019 Youth Junior championship.

I dont know the full line up yet, but i am personally really looking forward to Sunday.I really hope there is a decent turn out as i would love to think in the future it could be viable to have some NL fixtures.We heard on Monday that young Palin, Danyon Hume, Thompson twins, will be riding which will really spice the meeting up.Also it will be great to see young Swindon asset Anders Rowe get a few laps around the new circuit he is progressing brilliantly and he is a rider i look forward to see ride for the Robins in the near future.Also after the fixture we have the youth championship which should be great , young Palin going strong guns this year he  will be hard to beat.

• Like 2

After the events in Glasgow i do wonder if the British Youth round may get postponed as a mark of respect.

I know Luke Bowen rides in place of Anders who rides for his parent and hometown club but Drew Kemp has been called up to the championship 4's so I imagine Luke will now ride at number 1.

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

After the events in Glasgow i do wonder if the British Youth round may get postponed as a mark of respect.

I know Luke Bowen rides in place of Anders who rides for his parent and hometown club but Drew Kemp has been called up to the championship 4's so I imagine Luke will now ride at number 1.

I think that would make sense to pospone the youth event Teaboy, be interesting to see if maybe Spooner/ Jenkins  ride really looking forward to it.

Spooner didn't look fully fit on monday Sid. I'll be giving this one a miss, like Drew Kemp i'll be at the fours on sunday!.

• Like 1

The curse of these challenge matches can be that the NL select sides can be built a bit strong and with no rules (the Swindon side averages 40.86) and should have enough to see off Kent however the bigger aim is to provide an entertaining match that encourages fans to back a NL venture based from Swindon and from that perspective the Sprockets teams has been well assembled. 

1 minute ago, teaboy279 said:

Think I read somewhere there is 55 heats of action.

They'd better get a move on. It's meant to turn a bit stormy in the west on sunday!

On 6/19/2019 at 7:25 AM, teaboy279 said:

It has been confirmed that the British Youth round will take place, so we have 50+ races. so need to take plenty of food and drink. 

Edited by A ORLOV

Speedway Updates site are looking for a texter to cover updates of the main event and youth Meeting afterwards. If anyone can support, please send me a private message with your mobile number. 

Thanks

Edited by ellioth4

Good meeting, with a last heat decider Sprockets 45 Kent 44, also enjoyed the close racing.  Hope it was viable and we can have more, Sprockets against Reading would be good. 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Really enjoyed today some good racing, Palin for me looks a class act a great riding style reminds me of a young Joe Screen.The Thompson twins were great value different to Palin but tenacious give everything classy as well.Rowe,Palin Thompson (2) will be Premiership riders in the future i think young Ablitt to looks promising and young Sam Mcgurk in the 250 class.I don't know the crowd i recon about 3/4 hundred is that anough who knows??? a good day out.

Not a bad meeting for your ‘cock’ and a fair smattering of away fans making the sizeable journey.

Morley was the best rider on show, as he should have been, and a last heat decided to keep everyone interested. 

In the Youth Championship McGurk and Hagon for me were the riders that grabbed my attention. Immaculate styles for young lads and a shame the final was curtailed just as a decent battle looked to be happening.

Difficult to gauge the crowd but somewhere around 350 I would say.

Going by a statement made by Lee Kilby the future of the Sprockets looks in grave doubt.500 was the figure mentioned to cut even and if i hazarded a guess i recon there were 3/400 there.Such a shame a bloody good day out and i  would of paid 18 quid to watch it some good racing and a slick presentation of races in general.Some great young talent on show who give everything and you can ask no more.Hopefully Lee might not give up on it entirely but it has to be viable it really worries me that the crowds are dwindling a real shame.

• Like 2