British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
daveallan81

Wembley Arena 1981 & 1983

I'm looking for the following indoor information if anyone can oblige:

1981 Devil Take The Hindmost race time

1983 Lada W.C.S.S.I. qualifying heat 2 race time

1983 Lada W.C.S.S.I. repechage heat B - confirm the line-up & result which I have as Joe Owen (W), Erik Gundersen (YB), Ari Koponen (B), 38.6 - no rider in red.

I have a filled-in programme for the 1983 Lada W.C.S.S.I

There is no time given for Heat 2. Every other race has a time - I suspect it was never announced?

The line-up and result I have for Heat B is the same as you: In the printed version it has Joe Owen in Red, but this has been crossed out and he has been hand-written in as white.

Just looking into this a bit more. The programme has Joe Owen and Ari Koponen printed in red & blue. White & yellow were to be 3rd and 4th from Qualifying Heat 3. Joe Owen was not due to race in the qualifying rounds but was supposed to go straight into Repechage Heat B. However, he replaced Egon Muller in Qualifying Heat 3 and came third, hence his appearance in white in Repechage Heat B and removal from red. I hope you can follow that!