British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Somerset Friday 21st June 2019 7.30pm

This Friday we have a crucial league match with one of the teams tipped for the top - the Rebels. Somerset's top 3 - Rory, Harris (welcome back Chris B)) and Covatti can and have scored well at Ashfield. Nico looked really impressive in the GP qualifier. The battle between James and Kurtz should see James come out on top, just. The reserves look interesting with a chance for young Connor Bailey to make a name for himself on his first outing for the club. Should be a cracker and even the weather forecast actually looks good.

Thoughts with young Sam Norris and I hope a collection will be held for him at Ashfield.

Harris looks to be in a bit of form, be a rare sight to see him ride Ashfield as a heat leader. Reserves and second strings will be crucial. Looking forward to it.

Tigers should win this , hope young Connor has as good a debut as he did last night at Belle Vue, he looks the real deal

Should be some great racing on show, the weather should be good tonight and I fancy the Tigers to win by around 10pts. Based on last night's performance, Connor should hit the track running - which means we'll have two solid reserves! :) 

• Like 1

Another decent meeting with the Cook heats just sublime. Ht15 was one for race of the season as Cook had to take Schlien and Harris from the back. Never saw a single heat like that from Harris last season.

Glasgow were too inconsistent in the middle order with Vissing as slow as a week in the jail and Jensen persevering early on with an ineffective inside line. Connor Bailey looks raw but certainly not scared of opening the throttle which caused his ht11 crash. We now need a run of home meetings to get fully back into the groove. Bring on the 0131 next week.

Edited by MD

Most enjoyable meeting I must say some of the overtaking by cook was sublime, Harris oh my god the couple of battles they had was worth the admission alone breathtaking a couple of heart in mouth moments from bomber bouncing off the fence! Where was that bomber that was a tigers rider last year, must admit enjoyed watching him this evening but understand why sections of home fans booed him, right or wrong . Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Really enjoyed last night but thought the 2 tape exclusions and falls and Kyle's puncture was going to cost us. Hope Connor and Claus and there bikes are OK. Did Claus suffer bike failure which caused the fall. He didn't look the same in his other rides so wonder if he was on a spare bike or carrying a injury. And what can you say about cookie. Harris and Schlein did everything to beat him but his overtakes were something else. So 3 points and 3rd in the league despite only having 3 matches. Next time its the moanarchs who have strengthened up by signing ex tiger Victor Palovaara. Can't wait 

8 hours ago, Tigeratheart said:

Where was that bomber that was a tigers rider last year

Unmotivated by a guaranteed income, allegedly! The hunger, speed and gating were there last night for all to see, you can understand why some fans, myself included, feel massively let down by last season.

• Like 1

How times have changed. Thought it was the poorest meeting this season, too many strung out races, then Cookie misses the gate and we get some superb passing. Only by this year's standard this wasnt Ashfield at it's finest. 

Was a bit concerned at one point that the Tigers were going to throw the match away. Cookie was sublime as usual, such a buzz when he misses the gate, heats 13 and 15 were 2 of the best I have seen. ( I didn't attend during the Shane Parker era). Nice to see Sarge back in the points, shame about the tapes break, (it's been a while) Claus had a mare of a meeting and Rasmus didnt look as sharp as previously, hope that doubling up is not having an effect on his performance with the tigers. Kyle is really starting to be a force around Shawfield and young Connor looks a good prospect. For the rebels , their top 3 were superb, heard bomber getting some boos from the main stand, I can see where they are coming from as we never saw that from him as a Tiger. Hopefully our boys are better for Sunday at the 4's otherwise it will be the same let down as previous years.

2 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Was a bit concerned at one point that the Tigers were going to throw the match away. Cookie was sublime as usual, such a buzz when he misses the gate, heats 13 and 15 were 2 of the best I have seen. ( I didn't attend during the Shane Parker era). Nice to see Sarge back in the points, shame about the tapes break, (it's been a while) Claus had a mare of a meeting and Rasmus didnt look as sharp as previously, hope that doubling up is not having an effect on his performance with the tigers. Kyle is really starting to be a force around Shawfield and young Connor looks a good prospect. For the rebels , their top 3 were superb, heard bomber getting some boos from the main stand, I can see where they are coming from as we never saw that from him as a Tiger. Hopefully our boys are better for Sunday at the 4's otherwise it will be the same let down as previous years.

Was there a collection for young Sam? 

25 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Yes both team rider walked around durning the break 

2 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Yes both team rider walked around durning the break 

Good, having one tonight at Berwick for Sam 

On 6/22/2019 at 11:52 AM, Bandit59 said:

Any word on how much, lot of notes in the helmet colours. Fingers crossed for a good amount.

• Like 2