British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mike7164

Birmingham Brummies Vs Newcastle Diamonds Ch

Well here we are less than two hours before tapes up and no thread been started off that I can see.

So while the Diamonds are at full strength there seem to be a number of changes to the Birmingham line up including Charles Wright at No 1

BIRMINGHAM: Charles Wright, James Shanes, Zach Wajtknecht R/R, Paco Castagna, Tero Aarnio, Broc Nicol, Connor Coles.
NEWCASTLE: Steve Worrall, Max Clegg, Lasse Bjerre, Matthew Wethers, Thomas Jorgensen, Jacob Bukhave, Danny Phillips.

3 guests & RR , what a. Joke. Explain that to anybody not Speedway 

• Like 3

That tonight for me was one of the most enjoyable meetings ive seen at Perry Barr in some time, absolutely fair to both teams for entertainment that was served up. Its easy for people to just not bother coming when they see half a Brummies side but really you missed a really good match and full commitment from our guest riders. The track was superb after all the rain we have had, in the past 9 days or so, so credit to the track staff, very quick race times proved that.

Charles Wright showed why hes one of the best riders in the league and credit to him for his efforts, scored what Ellis would have. Connor Coles battled and did a solid job, 2 pts when hes a 2pt rider is job done. The performance from Broc Nichol was something else!, absolutely fully committed to an extent wheres hes bouncing off the fence in one race. A joy to watch and he for me he is the type of rider you pay £16.50 every week to watch. Shame he isnt a Brummies rider.:(. Considering Shanes had a big crash at the weekend as well, he more than did a good job. Its just a pity he cant gate well otherwise he would be a top rider at this level, he has the effort and speed. I don't think Castagna will be push over in the main body, not at home anyway. Its amazing we have Ashley Morris now at reserve (when fit) when you consider he beat Danny King and Kyle Howarth last match and his scores in recent meetings for us, strength in depth!

Newcastle are not a bad side, a few of their riders such as Bjerre and Jorgensen didnt have a great night overall but Worrall and Weathers did. Clegg came alive after 2 poor rides but the Diamonds struggled at reserve. Safe journey to the fans that made the trip.

Hope Rerun Productions/SpeedwayGB upload a few clips from this meeting preferably Heat 6 and/or Heat 12. ;):D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

3 guests & RR , what a. Joke. Explain that to anybody not Speedway 

Unfortunately that's speedway nowadays,  just go and enjoy the racing,  I wish I could.  Weekly meetings seem a thing the past, sad.

Brummie Kev is spot on with his summary from last night's meeting! Have to echo his sentiments re: Broc Nicol....what a rider....pushes the bike and the track to the limits!

Paco rightly pulled for moving at the start (twice) so why wasn't Worrall in Heat 11 ??? inconsistent refereeing yet again! can't get something as simple as that right!? I'm just glad it didn't affect the overall outcome of the meeting.

Not sure about the crowd level.....but thank the '4' Newcastle fans that turned up ! Hope you had a safe journey home :D

Ok, so that's 4 wins on the spin at home....this time with only 3 of our own riders....so, are all you Championship Elite still looking forward to visiting the so called basement boys at Perry Barr ? :rofl: I very much doubt it ???

Just on the point about Shansey's gating ? in his programme notes he mentions a debilitating injury to his thumb, which affects his starts.....but he hopes this will heal in time?

Also, compliments to the track team, they really turned things around from the last meeting and delivered a 'proper' surface for racing! Just a shame that some of our riders have requested a slick surface ??? (again...from Shanes programme notes)

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, comet49 said:

Unfortunately that's speedway nowadays,  just go and enjoy the racing,  I wish I could.  Weekly meetings seem a thing the past, sad.

So.... what's the alternative?

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

So.... what's the alternative?

At the moment I'd say none, apart from one league maybe, without regular meetings I'd think people get out of the habit of going, lose interest and find other things to do. Second half of June and Redcar have had no league matches, not good is it. 

Edited by comet49
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Got to go with 1 league now if we want speedway to continue in Britain 

Then that would possibly rule out any Sunday teams taking part... And moving to a Monday is financial suicide for us 

2 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

and what would the pay structure be? How many meetings a week would take place? I personally think 1 league would be a disaster but equally if clubs keep folding there may only be enough teams left for one league.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

With the Diamonds going NL only.

• Like 1