British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mike7164

Birmingham Brummies Vs Newcastle Diamonds Ch

8 minutes ago, StevePark said:

With the Diamonds going NL only.

Doubt we could do NL with our rent and maybe if we're lucky a cpl of hundred gates 

2 minutes ago, andys said:

Doubt we could do NL with our rent and maybe if we're lucky a cpl of hundred gates 

Obviously don't know the exact figures for rents or current crowds but is Newcastle Speedway sustainable in its current guise?

9 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Obviously don't know the exact figures for rents or current crowds but is Newcastle Speedway sustainable in its current guise?

From the 12 tracks I regularly attend this season, The only club that is ( each fixture ) getting large crowds is Cradley at £10 adult entry, the grandstand is packed which is to be envied by just about every club in any of the three divisions including their hosts Wolverhampton.

Other clubs occasionally getting large crowds on bank holidays or local derbies but I would say every clubs crowds are down this season with change of race nights and general apathy.

Newcastles crowd appears to be very sparse this year.

I can see 2 Leagues 

"Big League" for want of a better name-: (key would be moving away from 2 fixed nights and telling Sweden and Poland to "do one". Does not benefit UK.

Belle Vue; Ipswich; Kings Lynn; Peterborough; Poole; Swindon; Wolverhampton; Glasgow; Leicester; Scunthorpe; Sheffield (if sold); Somerset. (12) possibly Kent ?

National (Development) League

Berwick; Birmingham; Eastbourne; Edinburgh; Newcastle; Redcar ; IOW; Mildenhall; Plymouth ; Stoke (10 ) 11 with Kent.

Can't see Cradley Heath running next year based on programme notes re new track and not sure BV / Leicester running 2 teams...

1 minute ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

From the 12 tracks I regularly attend this season, The only club that is ( each fixture ) getting large crowds is Cradley at £10 adult entry, the grandstand is packed which is to be envied by just about every club in any of the three divisions including their hosts Wolverhampton.

Other clubs occasionally getting large crowds on bank holidays or local derbies but I would say every clubs crowds are down this season with change of race nights and general apathy.

Newcastles crowd appears to be very sparse this year.

Cradley are down on last few seasons, regularly go there, set up of track also makes it look bigger in numbers than some tracks where supporters can stand all round - I would say about 600 - 650 excellent for NL but down 200-300 from a few years ago. 

11 minutes ago, HGould said:

Cradley are down on last few seasons, regularly go there, set up of track also makes it look bigger in numbers than some tracks where supporters can stand all round - I would say about 600 - 650 excellent for NL but down 200-300 from a few years ago. 

That's as large as any Championship club I've visited bar Glasgow and there's wasn't a lot larger. Redcar looked healthy but same scenario as Cradley, crowd all on one side. 

Newcastle , Berwick, Sheffield, Somerset very sparse.

18 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

That's as large as any Championship club I've visited bar Glasgow and there's wasn't a lot larger. Redcar looked healthy but same scenario as Cradley, crowd all on one side. 

Newcastle , Berwick, Sheffield, Somerset very sparse.

Been to Leicester twice and Eastbourne twice and Somerset once + Wolves twice and Cradley twice, biggest crowds were at Leicester (CL) I'd say 1200 and Eastbourne (KOC) was reported around 1400 and also over 1000 for (CS) but all early in season, I read Leicester and Eastbourne still averaging around 900-1000 with a few blips/peaks. Doubt Brummies have had more than 600 so far and Wolves/Cradley around 650 mark. Somerset looked about 500 cold night though 

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

and what would the pay structure be? How many meetings a week would take place? I personally think 1 league would be a disaster but equally if clubs keep folding there may only be enough teams left for one league.

Don't know how the pay structure would go but when a guy like Matt Ford said that we must be looking at 1 league it just goes to show something is wrong.. I know it would be hard for some teams to keep going but there must be light at the end of the tunnel somewhere,, maybe do away with some of the foreign riders or all of them & make it a proper British League

7 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Don't know how the pay structure would go but when a guy like Matt Ford said that we must be looking at 1 league it just goes to show something is wrong.. I know it would be hard for some teams to keep going but there must be light at the end of the tunnel somewhere,, maybe do away with some of the foreign riders or all of them & make it a proper British League

That's what was discussed at the last AGM but certain promoters openly admitted they would not stick to any pay scales so the idea was binned and that's why we have our current ( no change ) three divisions.

Not enough British riders to form two leagues and would struggle to have one at a current Championship standard.

11 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

It’s a long  tunnel the way things are going:cry:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

If you only have, 'good, honest, decent law abiding white folk' in the league, I fear it may alienate itself even further :(

I'm hoping someone can help - I missed the announcement of the time for the second heat on Weds. Does anyone have it? Thanks.

34 minutes ago, LeapingLena said:

I'm hoping someone can help - I missed the announcement of the time for the second heat on Weds. Does anyone have it? Thanks.

Check out speedway updates it'll be on there

43 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Check out speedway updates it'll be on there

Sadly heat two is the one race that does not have a time on Speedway Updates. I suspect the time may not have been announced. 

42 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Sadly heat two is the one race that does not have a time on Speedway Updates. I suspect the time may not have been announced. 

It was announced - when I'm back home I'll check and advise if no-one else has. :D