British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Plymouth v IOW 21st june

IOW. Have put in a good effort tonight Widman continues to be the week link a couple more points from him and IOW get a result.......46..44 really close.....

Edited by waco
Add on

Chris Widman is just not good enough to be in the Warriors team . He poodles around at the back & the only points he picks up is when other riders fall or have engine failures. He is not even good enough to be able to score anything when he will eventually drop down to reserve. It’s about time for the Warriors to unload him & give a chance to a rider who at least will give it a go.

Maybe  look into the possibility of getting McCauley Leek in on his outgoing Mildenhall average of 2.86 (as of 20/6). If not Sean Tedham could comeback as he loved his time on the island last year. 

Other possibilities the Warriors could look at are William O’Keefe, Jamie Cousins or even maybe trying to persuade Connor Locke to make a comeback to racing. All 5 riders mentioned would definitely do a better job then Widman.

I know blood is thicker than water but it’s about time the Promoters, Dad Martin Widman & Barry Bishop say enough is enough and show Chris the door.

Edited by dave1075
  • Like 1

Have to agree Dave.........Surely at least Barry Bishop can see he is costing the team league points...Or is daddy in charge ??

Edited by waco
Change to a sentance

I don’t like to slam riders but I was there last night and he cost the islanders a victory bring a gladiators fan obviously I’m glad but he was shocking.

Good to hear no negatives about the track. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 12:52 AM, dave1075 said:

Chris Widman is just not good enough to be in the Warriors team . He poodles around at the back & the only points he picks up is when other riders fall or have engine failures. He is not even good enough to be able to score anything when he will eventually drop down to reserve. It’s about time for the Warriors to unload him & give a chance to a rider who at least will give it a go.

Maybe  look into the possibility of getting McCauley Leek in on his outgoing Mildenhall average of 2.86 (as of 20/6). If not Sean Tedham could comeback as he loved his time on the island last year. 

Other possibilities the Warriors could look at are William O’Keefe, Jamie Cousins or even maybe trying to persuade Connor Locke to make a comeback to racing. All 5 riders mentioned would definitely do a better job then Widman.

I know blood is thicker than water but it’s about time the Promoters, Dad Martin Widman & Barry Bishop say enough is enough and show Chris the door.

With the greatest respect to those mentioned Tedham hasn't ridden for how long and is an elder statesman of the sport, Locke hasn't been on a bike for a couple of years and has shown no inkling of making a comeback, Couzins has always had the ability but has never shown a liking for travelling far from home and O'Keefe has had chances at almost every team and not taken them.

That said i suspect that Martin or Barry riding would bring as many points as Chris has who has been and the slide for the past couple of seasons. I assume he won't step down as it would be effectively forced retirement but last in heat 8 isn't good enough, results like last night could decide who is bottom of the table or not come the end of the year? As soon as one of the reserves goes above 2.00 its time for a change and give a rookie a chance who at least appreciates the place.

49 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

As an aside anyone know about Chris Andrews? Plymouths number 8 as ive never heard of him.

Brother of Richard. Also, he spells his name as Kris. Also rides for Exeter in the SDL/MDL League.

Not a bad meeting. Track didnt appear any different to before. Almost as dusty, but not quite. Still needs work, in my opinion. Not often do you see a 'blue groove' all the way round the circuit. Yes, even the straights!

Meeting was won and lost by Woods unfortunate bike problems. Harsh to blame him as he was good to watch. Others do need to look at their performances. Both Wood and Morley did as expected. One rider to single out on the Warriors side is Connor King. Rode and worked hard for every point, coming from the back on several occasions. Not often you see away reserves doing that. Well done that man.

For me, the highlight of the meeting was the form of Adam Extance. Ive really enjoyed watching him emerge this season. He even led Morley (as tac sub) and Wood for a while before succumbing to their pressure. Ran out of steam in the end, but an excellent performance all the same.

Edited by BobC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BobC said:

Brother of Richard. Also, he spells his name as Kris. Also rides for Exeter in the SDL/MDL League.

Not a bad meeting. Track didnt appear any different to before. Almost as dusty, but not quite. Still needs work, in my opinion. Not often do you see a 'blue groove' all the way round the circuit. Yes, even the straights!

Meeting was won and lost by Woods unfortunate bike problems. Harsh to blame him as he was good to watch. Others do need to look at their performances. Both Wood and Morley did as expected. One rider to single out on the Warriors side is Connor King. Rode and worked hard for every point, coming from the back on several occasions. Not often you see away reserves doing that. Well done that man.

For me, the highlight of the meeting was the form of Adam Extance. Ive really enjoyed watching him emerge this season. He even led Morley (as tac sub) and Wood for a while before succumbing to their pressure. Ran out of steam in the end, but an excellent performance all the same.

Doh. What makes it worse is that i have seen Kris Andrews listed down and didn't put 2+2 together so thanks for that. Its good to see that the standard Sings predictions are still bang on as i didn't think Adam Extance would get back to the promise he showed a few years ago after his injuries and i also thought that Connor King wasn't showing the same form/determination in the dev leagues that he had in previous years when he signed for IOW so definitely pleased i got those wrong. As a helping hand to him "Wood will always have mechanical problems" might chase a few of those gremlins away.

I must admit I’ve not been on here for some time !! Only when I’m pointed towards it ! 

In the 1st instance I will declare a conflict of interests not as any kind of official of the club but as the wife of Martin Widman and the Mother of Chris.

its unfair to unleash such criticism on Martin as anyone who knows him knows he is straight down the line and an open book. Him and Barry make all the decisions together and equally they are consummate professionals. No one person is bigger than the club.

Onto Chris. You’d do right to criticise the start of his season and I know it’s nothing more than he has been doing. He’s had some spectacular bike issues and that has led to a lack of confidence on the track and That’s not a great combination.  Just when he thinks he’s gotten sorted, following some long head scratching hours and visits tonengine tuners, something else happens, that’s this season.  He had a nasty Crash last year at Cradley where he had to have a wrist plated and probably went back too soon but that’s him all over which explains his issues last season. Also he’s switched from JAWAs to GM’s which have taken some getting used to but I’m afraid that’s where my mechanical savvy ends. 

I’m sure Barry and Martin are looking at the best interests of the Club on a regular basis !! 

Thanks for reading and I’ll now leave you to your discussion on what seemed like a good meeting on Friday night. Sadly, I wasn’t able to go. 

Edited by TMW
  • Like 3