British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beercellar1966

Speedway Pairs 2019

Has these meetings been scrapped this year ? As theres meant to be a round sat 29th in Italy. I know pardubice was cancelled. Anyone throw any light on this ? Cheers

The onesport pairs has been scrapped.

Speedway European Championship pairs is still on as you say.

Start list for Teranzano on Saturday

Hungary 1 2 15 KOVACS Roland MAGOSI Norbert FAZEKAS Denis 

Slovakia3 4 16 MIHALIK Jan VALKOVIČ Jakub 

Italy 5 6 17 COVATTI Nicolas VICENTIN Nicolas 

Norway 7 8 18 MOI Glen FREDRIKSEN Lasse  

France 9 10 19 BELLEGO David BERGE Dmitri 

Finland11 12 20 AARNIO Tero LAHTI Timo 

Ukraine 13 14 21 LOKTAEV Aleksandr MELNYCHUK Stanislav

You would have thought that if the FIM or others can put Ice speedway on a live link on YouTube or similar in the middle of winter , meetings like this in the main European speedway season could be streamed on the net. Given the amount of meetings going on across Europe, a fee based internet based transmission showing a range of live and highlight meetings should not be beyond the realms of possibility for those in the know. I would happily pay a monthly subscription to watch a variety of live, recorded and highlights and if this could extend to the winter months and feature speedway from South America, Australia and New Zealand then I would not be surprised if this could pay its way. I guess it is a case of dream on.

25 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

You would have thought that if the FIM or others can put Ice speedway on a live link on YouTube or similar in the middle of winter , meetings like this in the main European speedway season could be streamed on the net. Given the amount of meetings going on across Europe, a fee based internet based transmission showing a range of live and highlight meetings should not be beyond the realms of possibility for those in the know. I would happily pay a monthly subscription to watch a variety of live, recorded and highlights and if this could extend to the winter months and feature speedway from South America, Australia and New Zealand then I would not be surprised if this could pay its way. I guess it is a case of dream on.

Who wants to pay for a Mickey mouse FIM Europe pairs championship qualifier ? Have you seen the field !!! Do we not  see enough Speedway anyway with 6 league  matches from Poland every weekend plus numerous other meetings from Poland plus the ESS Swedish service of 5 matches a week ? - we have never had it so good as now for watching - mainly on the internet.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Who wants to pay for a Mickey mouse FIM Europe pairs championship qualifier ? Have you seen the field !!! Do we not  see enough Speedway anyway with 6 league  matches from Poland every weekend plus numerous other meetings from Poland plus the ESS Swedish service of 5 matches a week ? - we have never had it so good as now for watching - mainly on the internet.

Your opinion Is respected. I was responding mainly to the comment about the Europeans pairs qualifiers and suggested options that were available and offered one possible option for bringing together a range of meetings. Did it require a reply that you proffered is doubtful but that is your choice. On that note I leave you to think on.

Streaming cost money. For me to buy a crew to provide a stream from a meeting in Finland with 2-3 cameras in use and possibly interviews it’s about 2000-2500€. It could cost a lot less but this is from a crew thats been doing it for some time now and would not fök up bad doing it.

one of the reasons FIM and FIM Europe qualis are becoming less and less is because they cost money to the organisers and have very little value to sponsorship. So add to that 2k for the stream and see 30% of the crowd watch the stream back home. Illegally and for free.

Rumour has it that the track was rubbish and Finland gave away atleast 3 fiveones with either Tipu or Tepi falling on their own. 

There was a real chance of Finland getting a medal from this... FFS

results 

I. Francja: 24
9. David Bellego (1,3,2,3,3,1) 13
10. Dimitri Bergé (3,2*,1*,2*,w,3) 11+3

II. Włochy: 21+3
5. Nicolas Covatti (-,-,-,-,-,-) NS
6. Michele Paco Castagna (3,3,2*,0,3,2) 13+1 + 1. miejsce w biegu dodatkowym
17. Nicolas Vicentin (1,2*,3,1,1,0) 8+1
—-
III. Finlandia: 21+2
11. Tero Aarnio (2,w,2*,2*,3,3) 12+2 + 2. miejsce w biegu dodatkowym
12. Timo Lahti (w,3,3,3,w,-) 9

IV. Ukraina: 18
13. Aleksandr Łoktajew (3,2,3,3,2,3) 16
14. Stanisław Melnyczuk (1,w,0,0,0,1) 2

V. Norwegia: 14
7. Glenn Moi (2,1,2,2,3,2) 12
8. Lasse Fredriksen (0,0,0,1*,0,1) 2+1

VI. Słowacja: 13
3. Ján Mihálik (0,0,1,0,2,2) 5
4. Jakub Valkovič (3,1,3,1,w,w) 8

VII. Węgry: 13
1. Roland Kovacs (1*,2,0,-,1,2) 6+1
2. Norbert Magosi (2,0,1,0,-,-) 3
15. Dennis Fazekas (1,2,1) 4

Bellego bieg po biegu:

3. Bergé, Aarnio, Bellego, Lahti (w)
6. Bellego, Bergé, Moi, Fredriksen
10. Łoktajew, Bellego, Bergé, Melnyczuk
12. Bellego, Bergé, Valkovič, Mihálik
15. Bellego, Fazekas, Kovacs, Bergé (w)
20. Bergé, Castagna, Bellego, Vicentin

Edited by from the gate

Lasse Frederiksen was not there. The second Norwegian rider, who scored the two points as Glenn Moi's partner in this pairs meeting was the world famous Kenneth Klipper Smith ! ;)