British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beercellar1966

Speedway Pairs 2019

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

Rumour has it that the track was rubbish and Finland gave away atleast 3 fiveones with either Tipu or Tepi falling on their own. 

There was a real chance of Finland getting a medal from this... FFS

It was only a poxy Qualifier !!!! Thought you would be pleased they made it to Bakalovo for the final   :) -  are you going  ?

27 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It was only a poxy Qualifier !!!! Thought you would be pleased they made it to Bakalovo for the final   :) -  are you going  ?

But they didnt! Five seeded and 2 through. 

Like I said, been years since we’ve had a similar chance of silverware and then they give it away by falling on their own on a crap track.

Latvia, Czech, Russia as host, Germany and Poland seeded. It was all re-written after Denmark, Sweden, GB and Slovenia pulled out.

Someone i know is going to be incandescent with rage ;) this is the line-up for the European pairs  final in Balakovo Russia  on Thursday August 29th 

1 2 15 ANSVIESULIS Ricards ROLNICKI Patryk KAIBUSHEV Aleksandr LaMSF PZM MFR Youth Europe

3 4 16 VICENTIN Nicolas CASTAGNA Paco FMI Alessandro Dalla Valle Italy

5 6 17 KULAKOV Victor LAGUTA Grigorii BORODULIN Vladimir MFR TM: Valerii Gordeev Russia

7 8 18 LEBEDEVS Andzejs MIHAILOVS Olegs LaMSF tba Latvia

9 10 19 MILIK Vaclav KRČMÁŘ Eduard SMETANA Ondřej ACCR TM: Filip Šitera Czech Rep.

11 12 20 MUSIELAK Tobiasz KOŚCIUCH Norbert GOMÓLSKI Kacper PZM TM: Dariusz Cieślak Poland

13 14 21 BELLEGO David BERGE Dmitri FFM TM: Laurent Sambarrey France

Edited by racers and royals

:rolleyes: who you

EDIT: needed a dictionary for that fancy word. Finland was asked but we declined. Back last september when this needed to be decided we had a good team with Lahti, Aarnio, Lunna and JMustonen. Realistically  speaking it was about the colour of the medal we would get from the final. Then the final was put on a mid week date to Balakovo to clash with Elit playoffs, Lunna quit the sport, Aarnio out with injury and not that it matters anymore but I believe Mustonen declined the trip now. 

Had they qualified, I believe we’d be there. But now to send u21’s to the other side of the world to eat dirt dont sound sensible.

Edited by f-s-p

Oh what a sad joke. Once again, when our riders once in a while are asked to travel to Russia, they withdraw ! Why do they compete in the qualifying rounds at all when they don't want to come to the final????

There should be sanctions against the DMSB !

Yet, on the other hand, it is always taken for granted that the Russians travel to all kinds of qualifying rounds across Europe, but for them it is just as far to travel as it is fro our boys to come to Russia.

Sad, really sad, to see a makeshift Young Europe pair compete and devalue this Championship once again.  

7 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Oh what a sad joke. Once again, when our riders once in a while are asked to travel to Russia, they withdraw ! Why do they compete in the qualifying rounds at all when they don't want to come to the final????

There should be sanctions against the DMSB !

Yet, on the other hand, it is always taken for granted that the Russians travel to all kinds of qualifying rounds across Europe, but for them it is just as far to travel as it is fro our boys to come to Russia.

Sad, really sad, to see a makeshift Young Europe pair compete and devalue this Championship once again.  

Completely agree- although on this occasion they were seeded to the Final- so they should have not entered as they knew the final was in Russia.

10 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Completely agree- although on this occasion they were seeded to the Final- so they should have not entered as they knew the final was in Russia.

But did they know? Preliminary calendars havent been published for years now, because there arent organisers to choose from but they need to be tracked\bought if needed. I dont have the papers here with me now so cant check.

6 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

But did they know? Preliminary calendars havent been published for years now, because there arent organisers to choose from but they need to be tracked\bought if needed. I dont have the papers here with me now so cant check.

They knew the final was in Russia and a semi was cancelled before they were seeded as they weren`t in the Italian semi and should have withdrawn at that stage and Fim Europe wouldn`t have had a composite team in the final because 3 would have gone through from the semi ( why didn`t they make it 6 teams over 15 heats ?)

Edited by racers and royals