British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Wolves vs Poole. Premiership. 24/06/19

Not a bad meeting I've seen worse at Monmore there was passing in a few races. Probably should have won by more but Howarth breaking down was a bit of luck and Worrall exclusion unlucky but overall if Wolves had got anything from the meeting it would have been based on a poor referring decision. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Not a bad meeting I've seen worse at Monmore there was passing in a few races. Probably should have won by more but Howarth breaking down was a bit of luck and Worrall exclusion unlucky but overall if Wolves had got anything from the meeting it would have been based on a poor referring decision. 

Wolves fans on twitter saying the Worrall exclusion was a farcical decision by the ref. 

A shame I couldn’t make it for this one but hope to get there for the B fixture. 

If Worrall hadn’t been excluded and Kurtz had stayed on in heat 4 we would have got the extra point. Still, a very good win and the team can be proud. 

On 6/23/2019 at 11:19 PM, Gavan said:

Should on form be a win for Poole 

Holder goes well at Wolves only dropping points in one ride last time 

Brady scored a good 12 points

Josh and Worrall both getting 7 last time and winning races 

Klindt flies round there 

Only may be at reserve for Poole

Poole to win by 4 and keep their chance of getting 4th on track 

Wolves haven’t got a point on their last 4 matches 

Pirates expected to get all the points in this one 

As predicted a nice win for Poole and pretty much expected when they have riders that go well at Wolves like Josh and Klindt, but the match winner was Covatti

Wolves 5 defeats and no points since moving Nicholls on

Looks like Poole may find their way into the top 4

Belle Vue and Ipswich look nailed on but the next 2 places are up for grabs between Poole , Peterborough, Swindon and Kings Lynn (home matches in hand). Wolves look out of it in my opinion

Edited by Gavan

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wolves fans on twitter saying the Worrall exclusion was a farcical decision by the ref. 

A shame I couldn’t make it for this one but hope to get there for the B fixture. 

If Worrall hadn’t been excluded and Kurtz had stayed on in heat 4 we would have got the extra point. Still, a very good win and the team can be proud. 

Kurtz was trying too hard not sure he would of got anything from that heat anyway. Howarth breaking down balanced Worrall getting excluded a bit.

Edited by foreverblue

26 minutes ago, Gavan said:

As predicted a nice win for Poole and pretty much expected when they have riders that go well at Wolves like Josh and Klindt, but the match winner was Covatti

Belle Vue and Ipswich look nailed on but the next 2 places are up for grabs between Poole , Peterborough, Swindon and Kings Lynn (home matches in hand). Wolves look out of it in my opinion

After last nights fixture and away to us Thursday Belle Vue  look vulnerable despite their current position. Covatti rode well but disappointed he let Morris pass in heat 14, Josh was the match winner rode superbly.

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Some  Wolves fans on Twitter are saying Schlein should have been excluded for his clash with Worrall.

Rubbish Worrall cut right across in front of him 

38 minutes ago, Gavan said:

After the Stars thrashing of the Aces last night - and in so doing cementing their reputation as the top East of England Premiership team - I don't think Aces are 'nailed on' at all.

As for Ippo, lets see what happens when their free scoring reserve goes into the top 5.

Play-offs will be Swindon, Poole, Ipswich and Kings Lynn imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

After the Stars thrashing of the Aces last night - and in so doing cementing their reputation as the top East of England Premiership team - I don't think Aces are 'nailed on' at all.

As for Ippo, lets see what happens when their free scoring reserve goes into the top 5.

Play-offs will be Swindon, Poole, Ipswich and Kings Lynn imo.

I think Belle Vue will be there, very hard to beat at home and that may well be enough given the amount of points they have got already.

Ipswich are solid but dont have top end firepower which could cost us at home but we also keep away scores tight

So far in heats 13 and 15 Ipswich have had the following scores:

18 heats

10....3-3

1.....2-4

1.....4-2

4.....1-5

2....5-1

So yes we lack at the tail end of a meeting but we have been fine in heats 12 and 14 to counter that

We do have a free scoring reserve but our other one has missed numerous matches and we are still winning

Peterborough are vulnerable at the moment

Swindon are one decent reserve away from being top 4

Poole are solid enough to make it 

Kings Lynn are playing catch up and may have left themselves to much to do

My final table would be

1. Ipswich

2. Swindon

3. Poole

4. Belle Vue

5. Kings Lynn

6. Peterborough

7. Wolves

You may call this 'anti Poole' but if that was the top 4 and the teams are as they are now i would want Poole over 2 legs, kept it tight at Poole and won easily at home. We kept it tight at Belle Vue mainly due to Bellego. We got easily beat at Swindon who pushed us close at home

Lots of twist and turns yet though

Edited by Gavan

Dropping Nichollls seems to have secured Wolves the wooden spoon. Time to write off 2019, only injuries seem likely to halt the Swindon title charge in any case. Belle Vue seem awful away from the NSS for some reason.

8 hours ago, Col said:

Dropping Nichollls seems to have secured Wolves the wooden spoon. Time to write off 2019, only injuries seem likely to halt the Swindon title charge in any case. Belle Vue seem awful away from the NSS for some reason.

Very difficult to know what will happen, last season proved this is just a qualifying competition for a little sprint at the end of the season when the team that gets luckiest with injuries will probably be league champions.

19 hours ago, Gavan said:

I think Belle Vue will be there, very hard to beat at home and that may well be enough given the amount of points they have got already.

Ipswich are solid but dont have top end firepower which could cost us at home but we also keep away scores tight

So far in heats 13 and 15 Ipswich have had the following scores:

18 heats

10....3-3

1.....2-4

1.....4-2

4.....1-5

2....5-1

So yes we lack at the tail end of a meeting but we have been fine in heats 12 and 14 to counter that

We do have a free scoring reserve but our other one has missed numerous matches and we are still winning

Peterborough are vulnerable at the moment

Swindon are one decent reserve away from being top 4

Poole are solid enough to make it 

Kings Lynn are playing catch up and may have left themselves to much to do

My final table would be

1. Ipswich

2. Swindon

3. Poole

4. Belle Vue

5. Kings Lynn

6. Peterborough

7. Wolves

You may call this 'anti Poole' but if that was the top 4 and the teams are as they are now i would want Poole over 2 legs, kept it tight at Poole and won easily at home. We kept it tight at Belle Vue mainly due to Bellego. We got easily beat at Swindon who pushed us close at home

Lots of twist and turns yet though

I doubt Poole will be as bad as we were last time again and if its in the play offs I would fancy us beating Ipswich over two legs.

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I doubt Poole will be as bad as we were last time again and if its in the play offs I would fancy us beating Ipswich over two legs.

just think coming to the end of june  and we have had no changes yet . then to be honest I don't think we have needed any .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

just think coming to the end of june  and we have had no changes yet . then to be honest I don't think we have needed any .

I agree who would you change? Our top two are never going to be the new turbo twins but they are good riders and give it everything, the only thing I would say is that maybe Brady over rides sometimes which was his downfall at a couple of away meetings recently but I can't fault the desire. Middlo certainly had them pumped at Wolves the way they came out firing they looked really up for it. Our jewels in the crown are Josh an Nicolai Klindt, they have been terrific. Richie has ridden well recently without seemingly much reward and you know he will be up for it come play off time. Covatti has been pretty good too, the only one you could consider changing really is NBJ and I can't really see any better alternatives that are available.

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I agree who would you change? Our top two are never going to be the new turbo twins but they are good riders and give it everything, the only thing I would say is that maybe Brady over rides sometimes which was his downfall at a couple of away meetings recently but I can't fault the desire. Middlo certainly had them pumped at Wolves the way they came out firing they looked really up for it. Our jewels in the crown are Josh an Nicolai Klindt, they have been terrific. Richie has ridden well recently without seemingly much reward and you know he will be up for it come play off time. Covatti has been pretty good too, the only one you could consider changing really is NBJ and I can't really see any better alternatives that are available.

Only in Speedway they would have a name so gay!