British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GAH

Kings Lynn v Belle Vue Monday 24th June

Thought it was a decent meeting. BV perhaps deserved a bit more, but were never going to win. 

Wish all meetings were run with that speed. Flowed much better!

• Like 1

Fair play buster. The meeting done for 9pm. Fantastic stuff  

It was a decent meeting racing wise I thought. 

Result was as expected. We never looked like being in it. Fricke bjerre and bewley only ones that put up a fight. Worrall I will let off. But wells berge and lidsey were pants at best. 

2 changes at least  needed or we can wave bye bye to play offs

Personally thought the crowd was ok last night for a Monday 

• Like 2

The interval taken after heat 12 tells you Buster was concerned about the weather.  Maybe that’s the reason he pushed it through so quickly.  Either that or he was on a promise;)

Come on Buster if you really try you can have it all over and done with in an hour for the fans, whoopee .... NOT, some night out!

I absolutely hate it being rushed, I understand last night but .......

• Like 1

I still think Belle Vue will make the top 4

Kings Lynn need to find some points on the road but they are in a bit of a false position as they havent rode many matches at home

44 minutes ago, Trees said:

Come on Buster if you really try you can have it all over and done with in an hour for the fans, whoopee .... NOT, some night out!

you obviously have nothing better to do than hang around watching tractors going round - -15 heats is 15 heats if it’s done and dusted in 90 mins or 120 mins or longer  on a Monday night I’d have thought most fans have better things to do than wait for heats to start - but each to there own 

• Thanks 2

To be fair an hour is a bit quick. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

As less and less people are now watching ( it seems ) Buster needs to try and find a happy medium when possible. That was 1 hour 20 mins last night and 90 mins is ideal for me. The racing Is the entertainment after all.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

As less and less people are now watching ( it seems ) Buster needs to try and find a happy medium when possible. That was 1 hour 20 mins last night and 90 mins is ideal for me. The racing Is the entertainment after all.

I think the majority of people want no more than 90-minutes.

Both Sunday at Peterborough and last night at King's Lynn were run at a pace that makes a meeting far more enjoyable, otherwise it's like football with waiting for the drawn out the VAR decision, it becomes boring.     

• Like 1

90 minutes is spot on IMO. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

I think the majority of people want no more than 90-minutes.

Both Sunday at Peterborough and last night at King's Lynn were run at a pace that makes a meeting far more enjoyable, otherwise it's like football with waiting for the drawn out the VAR decision, it becomes boring.     

IYO, I hate the two mins being put on before the victory parade of the previous race but that's just me ....

• Like 1

Racing wise it wasn't great, few single passes here and there but wasn't helped by the majority of the Belle Vue team being so poor riding round at the back. Was looking forward to heat 13 but that was gate and go too.

Bewley rode lot better then his points suggest, looked fast behind and was attacking the track showing more confidence, just wasn't making starts and when finally got in front in heat 15 couldn't be touched.

Although could tell they were getting on with the meeting, was pleasantly surprised to look at click driving out of car park to see it was only 9.10pm, and that was with meeting starting late too, put us out of our misery quickly.

21 minutes ago, Trees said:

IYO, I hate the two mins being put on before the victory parade of the previous race but that's just me ....

Yes I agree, put the 2-minutes on straight after the result has been announced.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Racing wise it wasn't great, few single passes here and there but wasn't helped by the majority of the Belle Vue team being so poor riding round at the back. Was looking forward to heat 13 but that was gate and go too.

Bewley rode lot better then his points suggest, looked fast behind and was attacking the track showing more confidence, just wasn't making starts and when finally got in front in heat 15 couldn't be touched.

Although could tell they were getting on with the meeting, was pleasantly surprised to look at click driving out of car park to see it was only 9.10pm, and that was with meeting starting late too, put us out of our misery quickly.

The meeting did not start late, if anything it was a minute or two early

10 minutes ago, Rickyb said:

The meeting did not start late, if anything it was a minute or two early

It was slightly late. Parade was gone 19:30, 

I text the first heat result at 19:43. Soon as the race ended. I already wrote details out. So one would imagine that tapes up was about 19:40 10 mins late