British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GAH

Kings Lynn v Belle Vue Monday 24th June

17 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It was slightly late. Parade was gone 19:30, 

I text the first heat result at 19:43. Soon as the race ended. I already wrote details out. So one would imagine that tapes up was about 19:40 10 mins late 

The first race starts at 7-45 therefore it really started a few minutes early

22 minutes ago, Rickyb said:

The first race started at 7.40pm

Just now, Mimmo said:

The first race started at 7.40pm

Yes just like I said 5 mins early, it has been for years now 7-30 parade and 7-45 first race

My opinion of last night.For what it's worth. 

As a whole the meeting ran smoothly, with far less tractor racing , making the speedway races flow more. A bonus on last weeks drawn out affair. Just about right I think. 

The racing itself was a bit gate and go but that's nothing unusual at Lynn these days , but as the stars had the upper hand, didnt SEEM as bad as a home supporter.

Robert was about par for this season

Mpt much better

Ty probably had his best meeting 

Tj inconsistent again

Cookie rode well

Lewi looks to have turned the corner(no pun intended) 

Simon beat his opposite number and that's about all I'll say about that. 

As a point of interest his scores home and away are almost identical to Kaspers were, but kaspers contributions were far more valuable in my opinion, as they were scored away from home . 

As for the Aces Fricke and Bjerre were class , as expected , really pleased to see Dan Bewley win heat 15 and looking as comfortable as he did , but Stevie Worrall looks a shadow of what he was, Wells was the worst I've seen him since his Coventry days , berge never looked in the mix and I was looking forward to seeing Lidsey but he didnt show up!

Still think we need a couple of changes though or it's an early bath for the Stars of '19

17 minutes ago, Rickyb said:

Yes just like I said 5 mins early, it has been for years now 7-30 parade and 7-45 first race

Websites all say tapes up 19:30. Not 19:45

Programme actually states parade 19:30 so fair enough 

think we started late behind lynn :o:rolleyes::(

2 hours ago, Rickyb said:

It always has been 19-45 first race,although i can't see anything on the website or in the programme to suggest that is still the case.As Phil said parade is 19-30 so i suppose the first race can be anytime after that,depends on the riders clearing the track and when the ref decides to push the button i suppose.

question for you lynn fans when was the last time robert lambert came last in heats 13 & 15 at flux arena ??? he did last night !!

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

It always has been 19-45 first race,although i can't see anything on the website or in the programme to suggest that is still the case.As Phil said parade is 19-30 so i suppose the first race can be anytime after that,depends on the riders clearing the track and when the ref decides to push the button i suppose.

19.45 racing starts. got on with it last night over by 21.15 ish. rain on its way. good call, had been lots of rain about on drive home.

14 hours ago, castrolargh said:

Simon beat his opposite number and that's about all I'll say about that. 

As a point of interest his scores home and away are almost identical to Kaspers were, but kaspers contributions were far more valuable in my opinion, as they were scored away from home .

I was keen for Kasper to be replaced ( because he is not ready to race at that level ) but not with Simon Lambert ( the old faithful "go to" who will not improve even if he does read the How To Turn Your Career Around Manual written by Jason Doyle ). We need a reserve with potential - not merely a "gap filler". Kasper has potential but even with lots of support, he seemed ill at ease on the bike especially at home.

18 hours ago, whippy said:

19.45 racing starts. got on with it last night over by 21.15 ish. rain on its way. good call, had been lots of rain about on drive home.

Barring accidents, meetings should always be over by 9.15pm Whippy.

A football match lasts 90-minutes, so 15-races at fractionally less than a minute a race shouldn't take any longer than 85-90 minutes, even allowing for track grading.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought lewi Kerr's reaction to Ty was totally out of order, Ty was mid track and lewi was riding same line that's why Dan went round him, that's what pi**ed him off, he should apologize to Ty.