British Speedway Forum
Old Crusader

Kent v Bellevue Mon 24th

4 hours ago, GWC said:

You need a lot of luck to avoid injuries at this level as it’s not always your fault!

The Kent team built with so many youngsters was a bit of a gamble in my view.

The Mulford lad looks the part and needs a team place pronto.

I have to agree. It was always going to be crashes galore with a team containing so many young chargers!

I didnt realise until I went on track for the victory parade that it had been raining since the interval, just as they watered the track ironically.

I certainly dont want to see any changes, but of those names suggest in this thread can replace anyone but Ledwith who after two league meetings is averaging 4.something. As I think all names have attained a four point higher league average, and you can only have one in your side.

I thought kent looked unbeatable pre season however they dont ride on paper, spooner has way too many pile ups and jenkins has been v moderate

• Like 1

Hope these two teams reach the play off final...

Would be a cracking two legs I reckon..

Was great to watch two teams going for it with real intensity at the NSS and the score on the night belied how close some of the races finished...

On another night Kent could have been so much closer going into the 2nd leg..

Great to see two evenly matched teams full of young lads giving their all..

From reports, both sets of fans at the two legs went away with nothing but a positive outlook on NL Speedway.

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

Agree with that and think the first leg at the NSS was one of the best NL matches I've seen with both the racing and the importance of the score contributing. Very surprised with the rather negative comments about Jenkins at Kent, he really rode well at Belle Vue, I'd have him in our team.  Would be nice if both legs were put on a video and sent to John Cook.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, coldace said:

Agree with that and think the first leg at the NSS was one of the best NL matches I've seen with both the racing and the importance of the score contributing. Very surprised with the rather negative comments about Jenkins at Kent, he really rode well at Belle Vue, I'd have him in our team.  Would be nice if both legs were put on a video and sent to John Cook.

Spot on Coldace, the racing was superb. Roll on 1st August.

It is worth noting that the negative comments about Jenkins are not coming from Kent supporters.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldace said:

Totally agree Jenkins has had a rough trot with injuries and at Swindon  on Sunday you can see the talent is still there.He will be fine just needs more race fitness i hope  his latest injury is not to bad.

Jenkins rode in a lot of pain after his 1st race fall with his arm swelling to almost twice its usual size and is now confirmed as on the injured list and along with the injured spooner (who maybe came back to soon), gilkes and Ablitt will miss the trip to iow on Thursday.

It has been a nightmare start for Kent this season.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Jenkins rode in a lot of pain after his 1st race fall with his arm swelling to almost twice its usual size and is now confirmed as on the injured list and along with the injured spooner (who maybe came back to soon), gilkes and Ablitt will miss the trip to iow on Thursday.

It has been a nightmare start for Kent this season.

Will young Jake ride again on the Island Thursday??  i have followed his progress on the grass and he looks a good prospect.Kent fans should not be do downhearted they will be thereabouts come the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Will young Jake ride again on the Island Thursday??  i have followed his progress on the grass and he looks a good prospect.Kent fans should not be do downhearted they will be thereabouts come the end of the season.

Unfortunately I don't think he is. I have heard he is not ready for regular speedway at the moment. 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Unfortunately I don't think he is. I have heard he is not ready for regular speedway at the moment. 

Whilst sad for Kent its a wise move on the riders behalf. There is a good chance Jake will get fixed up over the winter so will have time to source machinery and get himself set up properly in readiness to give a good account of himself when the time is right for him/his family.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I would think James Laker is a shoe in as he is already on the Island for a development league match? Then Richard Andrews and R/R if the usual formula fits.

5 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Would Hopwood fit as an injury replacement for Jenkins 

Nope average too high plus i have zero idea if Hopwood is interested in riding still as there have been no signs of him. IF a temp signing was needed i suspect it would be Tom Wooley filling the gap BUT have no idea how long/bad Jenkins injuries actually are (and hope its just a bit battered and bruised).  Is there a minimum time off with injuries like there is when missing fixtures due to sickness?

Edited by Sings4Speedway