British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Eastbourne 28.6.19

19 hours ago, Taylorj said:

I did read it .....Clearly you are not getting my point ....Conference League (NL) is different to Premier (Championship) League is it not  ?? ;)

In 2019 - Workington Comets League Champions , KOC Winners , Championship Shield , add in Ian Thomas Trophy, Border Trophy of and Runners- Up on Pairs :approve:

You asked the question of 1. What it would feel like to win the "TREBLE"? at which I replied. You did not state at what level. ;) :rolleyes:

As to the meeting, guests are sorted, weather sorted, track will be sorted for entertaining racing. Have fun travelling as some need to.

• Haha 1

Jumping in late; Hull Speedway Club Honours: 1948; North/South Cup Finalists. 1976; Inter-League Knock Out Cup Winners, Yorkshire Cup Winners. 1978; Yorkshire Cup Winners. 1979; 4-Team Championship Winners, Yorkshire Cup Winners, Knock-Out Cup Finalists, League Runners-Up. 1981; Yorkshire Cup Winners. 1995; War Of The Roses Winners,  2000; Premier Trophy Winners. 2001; Knock Out Cup Winners,  League Runners-Up. 2002; Knock-Out Cup Finalists.  2004; Premier League Treble Champions; Premier League Winners,  Knock Out Cup Winners, Young Shield Winners  :party:.   So there, LOL! 

Sadly Hull also suffered similar financial problems to the Comets: huge wins + big points = huge wage bill.  Anyhoo, nice day today, hoping for same tomorrow and to make Scunny on Friday to enjoy some live speedway....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling.
  • Confused 1

good to see you going back to 1948 ! and the word finalist and runner up , do they count as well 

its a pity you have included the runners up and finalist in your post ....... 5 in total  lol 

Info was copied from one of my early websites files, which I can't update as I forget the blooming password, nor do I have to time to re-do.  1948 was few decades before my time, not even twinkle in my father's eye even, but yeh sadly the only major, no pun intended, titles we won in the 1970's were IDKOC in 1976 & 4TT in '79.  Still, got on a bit of a roll in the 2000's though like the Comets wish we still had speedway in Hull.  Whether winning the league worth it, the jury is still out.  Sigh....

Edited by martinmauger
added relevance

Not a classic by any means...too many stoppages. Riders not staying still, tape exclusions, numerous falls and reruns...but nonetheless, a overwhelming win for Scunny.

As above.  Track was difficult but an enjoyable nite at the speedway, talking with like minded folk.  Hope the guys who took spills aren't too badly hurt: Kennett & Nielsen....

Appalling meeting at a track that has been high in my regards for a long time.

Cannot agree with Rob’s mindset of not grading the track.

He openly bragged that that was only the second time that the tractor had been on the track this season.

I will not be back again

48 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

He openly bragged that that was only the second time that the tractor had been on the track this season.

I will not be back again

if you stop going to a track due to one average meeting,may i ask which track you actually visit?

On 6/29/2019 at 10:33 AM, Gunner85 said:

I will not be back again

I can't say I blame you for not wanting to return but to be fair the Scunny track usually produces great racing. 

Friday's racing was well below par for Scunny which was evident (along with the stoppages) on how many cars had left the car park by the time the final race had finished. 

8 hours ago, Hot Shoe said:

I can't say I blame you for not wanting to return but to be fair the Scunny track usually produces great racing. 

Friday's racing was well below par for Scunny which was evident (along with the stoppages) on how many cars had left the car park by the time the final race had finished. 

I have championed Scunthorpe as an excellent track for a very long time.

The real issue is that he is now insistent that track grading is not necessary.... and that I totally disagree with.

The point he was making was that you go to speedway to watch the racing not to watch tractors grading every couple of heats if the track is right it does not need grading every other heat.  How many meetings have you been to where all you seem to watch is tractors going round I know I’ve been to a few but I know which I prefer to watch and it isn’t tractors.  See enough of them on the dam roads 

6 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

I have championed Scunthorpe as an excellent track for a very long time.

The real issue is that he is now insistent that track grading is not necessary.... and that I totally disagree with.

with Scunny now being run slick,is there any point in Grading the track if theres nothing on it?

also,a point worth mentioning,if friday night was only the second time the track has been graded this season,then they should delfinatly not grade it,as the racing this year has been on the whole very good

the meeting against the Sheffield the previous week was excellent,yet i never saw a tractor come out once