British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Scunthorpe, Saturday 29 June 7pm

Fancy watching this one in a bit of luxury?

The Bandits are offering two great value for money deals this week - in the great outdoors and behind the hospitality glass.

Deal one is Friends and Family Deal which offers admission for two adults,  two matchday magazines  for £35, kids go free.

General admission is £17, concessions £13. The sharp-witted among you might have noted that if you have an adult chum there's also a saving to be made. Available from the turnstiles or box office entrances.

And then there's the chance to take it all in behind glass and sample the unique Stevenson, Beveridge, Nicholson VIP Matchday Experience. Many try but nobody does it better!!

Taken from the club's Facebook page

Admission to the VIP box (£17)
Race day magazine (£3)
Pit walk (priceless) 
Group photo (priceless) 
Buffet (£5) 
Unlimited drinks (priceless 
Rider of the night presentation (priceless) 
Meet the riders (priceless) 
Individuals or groups welcome and your cash goes straight back in to keeping the Bandits show on the road (as does every other penny you spend in the stadium) 
A group booking of 10 people secures match sponsorship and your company advert will appear in the race day magazine.

"We do this for Berwick because we’re from Berwick and we’re backed by local businesses who believe in Berwick Bandits. At times I feel social media and its negative interactions have just about murdered Speedway but in general we are an extremely positive club so if you fancy a good time with good people on Saturday night come along and back your Berwick Bandits."

email hospitality@berwickbandits.co 

Edited by George Dodds

1 hour ago, George Dodds said:

Fancy watching this one in a bit of luxury?

The Bandits are offering two great value for money deals this week - in the great outdoors and behind the hospitality glass.

Deal one is Friends and Family Deal which offers admission for two adults,  two matchday magazines  for £35, kids go free.

General admission is £17, concessions £13. The sharp-witted among you might have noted that if you have an adult chum there's also a saving to be made. Available from the turnstiles or box office entrances.

And then there's the chance to take it all in behind glass and sample the unique Stevenson, Beveridge, Nicholson VIP Matchday Experience. Many try but nobody does it better!!

Taken from the club's Facebook page

Admission to the VIP box (£17)
Race day magazine (£3)
Pit walk (priceless) 
Group photo (priceless) 
Buffet (£5) 
Unlimited drinks (priceless 
Rider of the night presentation (priceless) 
Meet the riders (priceless) 
Individuals or groups welcome and your cash goes straight back in to keeping the Bandits show on the road (as does every other penny you spend in the stadium) 
A group booking of 10 people secures match sponsorship and your company advert will appear in the race day magazine.

"We do this for Berwick because we’re from Berwick and we’re backed by local businesses who believe in Berwick Bandits. At times I feel social media and its negative interactions have just about murdered Speedway but in general we are an extremely positive club so if you fancy a good time with good people on Saturday night come along and back your Berwick Bandits."

Let’s not confuse negative social media comments with constructive criticisms 

2 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

Let’s not confuse negative social media comments with constructive criticisms 

Agreed totally but by the same token it is a good idea not to confuse whingeing negativity from those with an axe to grind with constructive  criticism ... or just the inane ramblings of an idiot which stifles constructive debate and destroys the ability to have a worthwhile discussion and get information into the public domain.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Agreed totally but by the same token it is a good idea not to confuse whingeing negativity from those with an axe to grind with constructive  criticism ... or just the inane ramblings of an idiot which stifles constructive debate and destroys the ability to have a worthwhile discussion and get information into the public domain.

My only gripe/criticism is the standard of racing which is the continued  processional racing with very little passing As a seasoned fan I find it boring so not sure what a new fan makes of it 

There must be something that can be done to track preparation to improve the product or is it the fact that the tracks are not capable of coping with the modern bikes

1 minute ago, Tellitasitis said:

My only gripe/criticism is the standard of racing which is the continued  processional racing with very little passing As a seasoned fan I find it boring so not sure what a new fan makes of it 

There must be something that can be done to track preparation to improve the product or is it the fact that the tracks are not capable of coping with the modern bikes

I think that one of the problems with modern bikes is that unless the rider ahead makes a mistake it is very difficult to pass on a smooth,  well prepared track - even a grippy one.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, George Dodds said:

I think that one of the problems with modern bikes is that unless the rider ahead makes a mistake it is very difficult to pass on a smooth,  well prepared track - even a grippy one.

Progress isn’t always good

4 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

Progress isn’t always good

agreed, but inevitable. What I genuinely don't understand if why Formula1 and MotoGP for example has exactly the same problem without attracting the same level of negativity as speedway

15 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

agreed, but inevitable. What I genuinely don't understand if why Formula1 and MotoGP for example has exactly the same problem without attracting the same level of negativity as speedway

Yes indeed I find f1 incredibly tedious  

26 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Absolutely disagree. Watch some meetings on youtube from Bell Vue as an example from this country. Then watch some stuff from Poland and then thirdly the GP’s. That will show you just how possible passing is on a ‘smooth, well prepared track -even a grippy one’ . The problem at Berwick is the shape, always has been, very little to do with the bikes.

• Like 2

Many fans from different Clubs have the same views regarding the problems they see within the sport.Whether you think they are negative or not ,they are voting with there feet.Formula1 and MotoGP obviously doesn’t have exactly the same problems as speedway as it is a different sport and has not had the decline in attendances the Speedway has had.Even the most diehard and loyal fans are concerned the way the sport has declined in recent seasons.The fact that Matt Ford is now advocating  that 1 league could be the answer to some of the problems tells you a lot.Many fans have been saying that for years now.Its obvious that Promoters can’t keep paying riders wages that are unaffordable given crowd levels unless they can attract serious Sponsorship which is very thin on the ground these days .The sport has lost a lot of credibility IMO,which doesn’t help.The entertainment factor also comes in the equation, which is different at various tracks.

2 hours ago, emilali said:

Absolutely disagree. Watch some meetings on youtube from Bell Vue as an example from this country. Then watch some stuff from Poland and then thirdly the GP’s. That will show you just how possible passing is on a ‘smooth, well prepared track -even a grippy one’ . The problem at Berwick is the shape, always has been, very little to do with the bikes.

Have to disagree on the shape of the track, as it has been that shape for most of Berwicks history.  Prior to 2010 the racing was pretty good, on a track that was not always spot on, a lot of passing around the boards, the way the track is prepped in recent years has led to a gate and go track with one racing line.  Tedious to the extreme, hence my none attendance, poor entertainment for £17.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Many fans from different Clubs have the same views regarding the problems they see within the sport.Whether you think they are negative or not ,they are voting with there feet.Formula1 and MotoGP obviously doesn’t have exactly the same problems as speedway as it is a different sport and has not had the decline in attendances the Speedway has had.Even the most diehard and loyal fans are concerned the way the sport has declined in recent seasons.The fact that Matt Ford is now advocating  that 1 league could be the answer to some of the problems tells you a lot.Many fans have been saying that for years now.Its obvious that Promoters can’t keep paying riders wages that are unaffordable given crowd levels unless they can attract serious Sponsorship which is very thin on the ground these days .The sport has lost a lot of credibility IMO,which doesn’t help.The entertainment factor also comes in the equation, which is different at various tracks.

Spot on in IMO

9 hours ago, Tellitasitis said:

Don’t go then it really is that simple 

5 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Have to disagree on the shape of the track, as it has been that shape for most of Berwicks history.  Prior to 2010 the racing was pretty good, on a track that was not always spot on, a lot of passing around the boards, the way the track is prepped in recent years has led to a gate and go track with one racing line.  Tedious to the extreme, hence my none attendance, poor entertainment for £17.

Bikes are way different now from the pre 2010 days 

1 minute ago, penchev said:

Don’t go then it really is that simple 

Unfortunately that attitude will kill speedway it’s that simple 

• Like 2