Bring a friend 

or 3

1 hour ago, Tellitasitis said:

Bring a friend 

You can be my friend 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, penchev said:

Bikes are way different now from the pre 2010 days 

Not really, there have been  changes but not to the degree of making a fundamental difference, a speedway machine is 90% the same as it was in 2010.  They are using lighter materials like titanium for a very small improvement, exhausts were the main change that effected power.  I would accept the difference between an upright and a lay down is very different.

On your comment 'Dont go then',  I for one don't, at least this season anyway, so comments like that don't help your case, that is exactly the problem PEOPLE HAVE STOPPED GOING.  Remember I have more reason to go than the average fan  mainly to do with Leon

• Like 1

Friends and Family?       Another good promotion by a good promotion.

Pity there are so many glass-half-empty punters on this Forum.

As an aside, if they advertise a Friends with Benefits night, I'll be there!

• Like 1

Could be a close meeting this on Saturday. Bandits on paper anyway have the advantage at reserve. The right choice of guest for Garrity could give the Scorpions a sting in their tail.

Bandits 51 Scunny 39.

Edited by Normski

Guest Loose Diamond
On 6/25/2019 at 9:39 AM, Tellitasitis said:

My only gripe/criticism is the standard of racing which is the continued  processional racing with very little passing As a seasoned fan I find it boring so not sure what a new fan makes of it 

There must be something that can be done to track preparation to improve the product or is it the fact that the tracks are not capable of coping with the modern bikes

Slowing the bikes down might help. Maybe a strange suggestion but to me when bikes are so fast it takes some of the riders skill away to pass.

Be interesting to see the fans go in 2 by 2 [Just like Noahs ark ] only really beneficial if you normally buy a programme. Loads of people beside me don't buy a programme so won't benefit them much more sensible to reduce the admittance IMO 

11 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Not really, there have been  changes but not to the degree of making a fundamental difference, a speedway machine is 90% the same as it was in 2010.  They are using lighter materials like titanium for a very small improvement, exhausts were the main change that effected power.  I would accept the difference between an upright and a lay down is very different.

On your comment 'Dont go then',  I for one don't, at least this season anyway, so comments like that don't help your case, that is exactly the problem PEOPLE HAVE STOPPED GOING.  Remember I have more reason to go than the average fan  mainly to do with Leon

Apologies if I hurt your feelings and bit of a hypocrite since you support Leon but won’t watch him race , that makes no sense whatsoever 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uluru said:

in the words of Jarvis Cocker ... "I'll see what I can do"

4 hours ago, Uluru said:

Friends and Family?       Another good promotion by a good promotion.

Pity there are so many glass-half-empty punters on this Forum.

There are a lot of Berwick fans who's glasses are empty, have been dropped on the floor and smashed

• Haha 1

Kevin Doolan's weekly blog on club website has some interesting info about processional races at the Fours, citing the silencers of the past few years meaning that quality riders on a well-prepared track can't makes passes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, penchev said:

Apologies if I hurt your feelings and bit of a hypocrite since you support Leon but won’t watch him race , that makes no sense whatsoever 

Incorrect use of the word 'hypocrite'

I give little sponsorship to Richard Hall, but I don't watch him

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Incorrect use of the word 'hypocrite'

I give little sponsorship to Richard Hall, but I don't watch him

whatever, it still makes no sense to me a local businessman supporting a local rider but wont watch him race

Edited by penchev
  • Like 1