Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Scunthorpe, Saturday 29 June 7pm

20 minutes ago, screm said:

Agree with much of your post as it would be great of an individual and a group came forward with money but its very unlikely. Thing is sometimes at Berwick it seems as though the club bites the hand that feeds at times in respect of the relationship between the club and the supporters club in recent times.

well wots stopping you 

18 minutes ago, Normski said:

Not all supporters of Berwick have electric or gas yet :D:D. I would imagine as well as social media, Radio Borders would have been contacted to convey the news.

looks like Barrells mate, meeting Parky in Atelier

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lygonlad said:

George Dodds both captains the night of the Edinburgh call off we’re told by the promotion to make sure the meeting was off Incase they had to shell out the money to pay away riders as don’t have a pot to p##s in now this not the weather forecast putting them off it’s having no money 

Right then, attack the post, not the poster:

The above post is untrue and harmful. 

IMHO

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

seems a bit strange that you could save the cost of paying the visiting riders' travel when they have actually travelled - makes more sense today

Home club doesn’t pay anything towards away  riders travel now 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

IMHO

Rumour and speculation about financial stability don’t just involve Berwick but probably every club in the country Generally Supporters will fill in the blanks and come to their own conclusions and they will tend to be on the black side 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

IMHO

mmmmmmmm 

7 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

What you got against dust Col

gets in my hair lollollol

1 minute ago, bjcol said:

mmmmmmmm 

The film about Berwick Speedway was called ‘M’ you would have loved it 

at least you could have pronounced the title

1 minute ago, Tellitasitis said:

The film about Berwick Speedway was called ‘M’ you would have loved it 

at least you could have pronounced the title

your not even funny lollollol

I think the tone of some on here is poor tbh.

I was talking to some of the Bandits management and they were really disappointed to have had to call off the Edinburgh meeting and they had worked hard to reach out to the locals for that meeting with special offers.

I was talking to one of them again this morning as they were deliberating what to do about tonight. Money and costs were not mentioned but the fans possibly being in the stadium when the storms arrive for the second time in 3 meetings was talked about and was not something they wished.to happen. That is the only reason they called it there and then.

Give the guys a break. They have the club in their hearts and even if they were stinking rich, would have made the same call.

Sure they would like to break even but they are not looking to rob the fans who support the club.

• Like 3

regardless of the veracity of the money worries here, it is quite clear that the situation nationwide is dire

like global warming, some seem to be ignoring it while, truthfully urgent and radical action is required. 

the league (and it should be one big one with a NL second tier) needs to be set at an affordable level with mainly semi pro riders and (god knows how) cheaper machinery

It needs survival mode 

As an aside, I used to never think twice about turning up to Cleveland Park with rain around, it always seemed to be on sometimes with the help of sawdust. Seems crazy to call off a match in case it rains

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Yep, nothing new, and no financial cushion to fall back on. 

Oh, for the big-city sponsors and the clout of a Trust like Edinburgh's giving their promotion over £100,000 since 2015 (to quote last night's programme).  

At Berwick, with only 10% of the population the city clubs around them enjoy in their catchment area, the various promotions have done wonders to keeping the club alive for fifty years. 

I don't really understand your point.

There was a function on last night for the STARS project (the Berwick equivalent to a fans trust) and instead of going 160 yards to support it you decide to go 160 miles to an Edinburgh v Glasgow meeting.

For your info Jamie, Scott and Kev Doolan were in attendance. :cheers:

4 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

I don't really understand your point.

There was a function on last night for the STARS project (the Berwick equivalent to a fans trust) and instead of going 160 yards to support it you decide to go 160 miles to an Edinburgh v Glasgow meeting.

For your info Jamie, Scott and Kev Doolan were in attendance. :cheers:

Maybe the poster lives nearer Armadale than Berwick?

Just out of curiosity for the locals what's the weather like in Berwick just now?