British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

27/06/19 Swindon v King's Lynn. Premiership supporters cup tie.

14 minutes ago, g13webb said:

And to think you last week you accused me of ridiculing Robert   You know what say about stones and green houses..     

I think it's good that you are agreeing with me    :t:

It’s the way the comments are made Mr Webb. Constructive criticism with reasoning is one thing, sly digs are quite another. 

46 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Kerr never goes well at Swindon so I wouldn't judge him on last night.

Indeed, his last couple of scores had been much better before last night so you’d like to think he’s getting back to where he should be. With lots of home meetings left I’d not be looking to replace him but Proctor and Jorgensen can’t complain if they were given the heave ho. MPT too to a lesser extent who has been pretty ordinary since moving up from reserve. 

Edited by Bagpuss

An easy home win that was never in doubt,  Lynn were very poor and a minimum of two changes i presume will have to be made there.I can't remember the last time two reserves scored only 1 point between them and it was a rout in the end. Doyley back on it, Jensen great value and fair play to Stefan he deserves another chance.Not a classic of a meeting but there was  some close racing Lambert better and quicker than his score suggests Cookie also looked good very focussed and he seems to be nearly approaching his peak.One thing i learned about last night was having a strong top five was the right way to go if they click like last night we will take alot of beating. The reserves scored 9 points between them which is what i expect we now just need to get our act together away from home.

3 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Well what I have seen so far this year proctor, Jorgensen and kerr need to go as well as S lambert. Team needs a major overhaul Riss, Iversen and 2 others needed ASAP 

The way I see it the team needs to be Lambert, Cook and Riss plus four others. The other existing four have been totally inconsistent. How about suggestions folks?

Cookie rarely goes well at The Abbey but did ok last night. Crowd didn't look to be much over 1000, should be lot more there for the final. Don't like this Twitter poll nonsense. 

16 minutes ago, KLFAN said:

The way I see it the team needs to be Lambert, Cook and Riss plus four others. The other existing four have been totally inconsistent. How about suggestions folks?

How about the following

Lambert 8.18

Cook 7.64

Iversen 7.36

Riss 5.83

Kerr 4.87

Total 33.88 leaving 8.62 for two remaining riders

I am sure Tellboy is beavering away with his calculator trying to get the best team with at least 4 replacements. 

I await his reply with a new team inside the points limit :t:

Iversen won’t come and would miss meetings anyway so a waste of time including him. 

• Like 1

Two changes are inevitable and Id not be adverse to a third but I think making four or five changes as suggested would leave us a bit vulnerable at home which would be dangerous with mainly home meetings left. 

Looking at the SGB averages a new set have been released today with Riss replacing Proctor, who has gone to Peterborough to replace BWD.

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Does anyone know if the Robins will run a coach to Belle Vue.?

Isn’t it sad that we have to ask that question Sid?  I remember the mid to late seventies when almost every away match there was at least one coach. But then again that was the days when two or three double decker buses used to ferry home fans in to Blunsdon every Saturday night! 

1 hour ago, stevethelion said:

Looking at the SGB averages a new set have been released today with Riss replacing Proctor, who has gone to Peterborough to replace BWD.

But no Nicol so on another thread, a poster put up "does Nicol have to have a 4.5 CL average converted down to 3 for PL or are they trying to get him in on his assessed June average which might give him a 3 assessed for PL.