British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole vs BV. Premiership. 27/06/19

The track was excellent tonight. Smooth and a lot of dirt. Will take a few weeks to bed in properly and form racing lines. But no bumps and no dust until the last two races. Doubt there would have been any dust had the meeting completed on schedule.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ouch said:

Poole being Poole. :nono:

What have they done wrong now?

Just now, daz9100 said:

What have they done wrong now?

Absolutely nothing. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

When you finish talking to one idiot, along comes another one..

'Whipper snappers??!'  Well no one under 80 says that! 

Scuse me ? Personal abuse and name calling 

The words "black boys in london"  that i was going to use would have been reported by someone so chose to use something a little more jovial.  

Happy now ?

I'm 42 not 80 thanks. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Scuse me ? Personal abuse and name calling 

The words "black boys in london"  that i was going to use would have been reported by someone so chose to use something a little more jovial.  

Happy now ?

I'm 42 not 80 thanks. 

Typical Lisa response who calls others out when she is herself being ageist. Nothing wrong with someone being 80.

Ps I know it was said in jest, but if she is prepared to call others out then it’s only fair to point out the hypocrisy tho.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Typical Lisa response who calls others out when she is herself being ageist. Nothing wrong with someone being 80.

Ps I know it was said in jest, but if she is prepared to call others out then it’s only fair to point out the hypocrisy tho.

Masked swearing in one post, followed by personal abuse in the next. 

On a night when Poole are getting some positive feedback re the track, shame that some of the usual Poole followers seem to have only one mode of reply.

Hope the overnight updates of the injuries are positive aswell. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The track was excellent tonight. Smooth and a lot of dirt. Will take a few weeks to bed in properly and form racing lines. But no bumps and no dust until the last two races. Doubt there would have been any dust had the meeting completed on schedule.

Good stuff Shov. We all like a joke at Poole's expense but the awful and dangerous track could have been fatal for Poole if the crowds continued to dip. No one wants to see any club struggling as there aren't many of us left. Hopefully it will remain good now which means I will be down in August!

strange to say heat 8 was the best race I have seen at poole this season until the accident . the meeting was developing into an interesting final 6 heats .both teams were committed to racing on a decent track .hopefully better news on  nico and Richie today 

Edited by ray c

7 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Masked swearing in one post, followed by personal abuse in the next. 

On a night when Poole are getting some positive feedback re the track, shame that some of the usual Poole followers seem to have only one mode of reply.

Hope the overnight updates of the injuries are positive aswell. 

Idiot is a term of endearment so don't know what you're talking about. If I was going to dish out some personal abuse it would be a bit stronger than that. But I'll turn it down for you sensitive souls out there :)

It was great to see that the work carried out on the track over the last week or so seems to have had a positive effect. It was also encouraging to see proper track equipment (bowser and bar grader) in use and that the “blade” was left in the yard. Hopefully the latter will be consigned to the local scrap yard before it is allowed to drift back into use...

I know people talk about a racing incident but was last night’s crash caused by Covatti being impatient to get passed Berge?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I know people talk about a racing incident but was last night’s crash caused by Covatti being impatient to get passed Berge?

No.

Confirmed Richie has broken his ankle in 4 places.