British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole vs BV. Premiership. 27/06/19

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

What total rubbish and by the way we got 3 points!

Ah yes, sorry for the typo. Your correction only confirms what I thought about the importance of the points to you guys so yes it’s 3 not 2, well done. :(

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Odd reply to say the least. Anyway, i'm off to work. 

Haha! Have fun. 

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No we are not psychic it was announced during the delay.

Which is what I meant. 

32 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Which is what I meant. 

clear as mud now :rofl:

At some tracks the curfew is a voluntary one, and at others it is compulsory. Wolverhampton have a voluntary curfew which they will occasionally extend if there is just the odd race left to run, but at Birmingham, the 10pm curfew is a condition of the planning permission, as also is the ban on the use of air horns. 

Why was the Weymouth meeting running after 10.30 the other week? 

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

It’s fair to say each track may have a different curfew time depending on planning approval, Poole obviously have a flexible arrangement to suit themselves for when they want to pull a meeting.! I may be over suspicious but knowing the way the club operates, at 24-24 and 2 riders down it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the paramedic was told to not rush back,  just a thought! 

9 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

It’s fair to say each track may have a different curfew time depending on planning approval, Poole obviously have a flexible arrangement to suit themselves for when they want to pull a meeting.! I may be over suspicious but knowing the way the club operates, at 24-24 and 2 riders down it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the paramedic was told to not rush back,  just a thought! 

Biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard! The promotion would have tried to call it off after H8 if they were that worried about it. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Maybe cos there is more than 15 heats?

21 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

if the paramedic did not get back in ample time the meeting would have been called of no result .and we were close to that .and that would have cost the club a lot of money and would have to find another date for the re-match

Edited by ray c

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard! The promotion would have tried to call it off after H8 if they were that worried about it. 

...well you would say that...wouldn’t you!

Do some BV fans honestly believe the  Poole promotion waited until they were in front before calling the halt ?

Its simple really, they could have called it off at heat 8  ( 24-24), but because the fans had waited patiently ,

They tried to cram in as many heats as possible before the 10-15 curfew .

Poole had no way of knowing they'd gain heat advantages from any of the last 4 races  ?

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

It was agreeded by everyone concerned that the meeting would run till 10.15, and Poole won 37 - 35, both teams had the same chance to win it, funny nobody has mentioned that a Poole rider had to come out 3 races on the trot with hardly a break in between 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ouch said:

Ah yes, sorry for the typo. Your correction only confirms what I thought about the importance of the points to you guys so yes it’s 3 not 2, well done. :(

Certainly confirms you know nothing about Poole fans. 

Edited by foreverblue