Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole vs BV. Premiership. 27/06/19

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Steve you knew as soon as there was talk of a curfew, Belle Vue fans would accuse us of manipulating it even though they had 4 heats to get in front after the delay.

The 10.15 was agreed between Poole promoter and referee.

Team managers were then informed, if Poole reserve didn't have 3 on the trot ,maybe another heat would have been run.

53 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Of course but I think the Aces odds of scoring more in those last 3 heats were higher than Poole's.  If the meeting that was a draw at the NSS was postponed at heat 12 Poole wouldn't of picked up a point.

I think Josh having already beaten Max earlier in the meeting could have won the last two heats and Brady or Jack or both easily capable of beating Nicholls in 13 or 15 or both. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sugarray said:

The 10.15 was agreed between Poole promoter and referee.

Team managers were then informed, if Poole reserve didn't have 3 on the trot ,maybe another heat would have been run.

Maybe maybe not. 

Steve you knew as soon as there was talk of a curfew, Belle Vue fans would accuse us of manipulating it even though they had 4 heats to get in front after the delay.

...well Poole do have a lot of previous! 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I think Josh having already beaten Max earlier in the meeting could have won the last two heats and Brady or Jack or both easily capable of beating Nicholls in 13 or 15 or both. 

Josh had been beaten by Dan Bewley. Brady had been beaten by Dan Bewley, Steve Worrall and Max Fricke. Jack had been beaten by Max and Scott (not to mention his own team mate, twice).

I think the meeting was in the balance, however you look at it. 

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

...well Poole do have a lot of previous! 

Care to list them then...? Let's say 10, as anything fewer would not be a lot...

• Haha 1

Maybe maybe not. 

It was trust me I know.

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Josh had been beaten by Dan Bewley. Brady had been beaten by Dan Bewley, Steve Worrall and Max Fricke. Jack had been beaten by Max and Scott (not to mention his own team mate, twice).

Exactly, so you can't say Poole would have won and you can't say BV would have won. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly, so you can't say Poole would have won and you can't say BV would have won. 

I have no axe to grind either way (although I am Bees fan at heart, so draw your own conclusions :blink:).

I guess my objection, if I have one, is that curtailed meetings due to a curfew, weather or any other reason, should be declared without any risk of an accusation of bias.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ouch said:

Yes, good point. They would normal keep going as many Poole meetings have played on after 10.15pm. You’re right that its extremely rare for Poole not to go the full distance. 

The one ten years ago had nothing riding on it as win or lose Poole we’re out of the play offs, so there was no need to carry on. 

Thanks for the info. 

Have to say it again.....Wrong!!...There was a need to carry on as it was the second match in a double header with Eastbourne, which the Pirates won 50 - 43, To draw level with Belle Vue on points at the bottom of the table. 

A win against the Witches would put Belle Vue into the relegation/promotion play off against Edinburgh.....as it happened Poole narrowly finished above Belle Vue on race points and Belle Vue went on to win the relegation/promotion play off.

So there was certainly something riding on the result and a Poole win!! :oops:

Edited by scottyfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

Could have gone either way nobody can say what would have happened. 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Care to list them then...? Let's say 10, as anything fewer would not be a lot...

No. You know all the shenanigans that Poole have pulled over the years. Poole are the Uri Gellar of speedway...a rule is there to be bent. 

19 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

No. You know all the shenanigans that Poole have pulled over the years. Poole are the Uri Gellar of speedway...a rule is there to be bent. 

In other words there aren't many rule breaks cos you can't even name them!! Lol.

• Like 1

Match is over done & dusted result is what it is !! onto monday now !! sure there will be plenty to discuss after the meeting :t:

• Like 1

So while Poole are cheating again for minor points the rest of the league is strengthening up, happy days.