British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole vs BV. Premiership. 27/06/19

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Im not questioning that both parties agreed to 10.15

I dont understand why one meeting can run past 10.30 and then a top flight match cant?

Also why would Belle Vue agree? they were only two points behind there has to be a financial element behind the decision.

25 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I dont understand why one meeting can run past 10.30 and then a top flight match cant?

Weymouth fans are used to their speedway meetings finishing later and attend accordingly. Top flight fans are used to their meetings being done by 9.30 ish.

Edited by Skidder1

Reason?

37-35

Done now, nothing will happen. Let’s move on and wait for the next one. At least that will bother less people. :(

8 minutes ago, ouch said:

Reason?

37-35

Done now, nothing will happen. Let’s move on and wait for the next one. At least that will bother less people. :(

Nothing will happen cos it is only fans moaning about it. No riders or team management have. Don't think fans can appeal a decision!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Also why would Belle Vue agree? they were only two points behind there has to be a financial element behind the decision.

But it was apparently agreed during the break in action with all parties whatever the score at 10.15. No one would know what the score would be at 10.15 or who would be in front??

• Like 2

It was agreed but was that because Belle Vue were led to believe that there was a curfew?

Poole were looking vulnerable in heats 13 and 15 and would have had to use Starke in heat 14.

Edited by Aces51
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

It was agreed but was that because Belle Vue were led to believe that there was a curfew?

Poole were looking vulnerable in heats 13 and 15 and would have had to use Starke in heat 14.

As i said Weymouth went past 10.30 at the same track

No reason this couldnt have happened in this match.

41 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Were they or are you just guessing.?

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Were they or are you just guessing.?

It's a question, so must be guessing!

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It's a question, so must be guessing!

I expect that a curfew was agreed to save the fans going home any later, already some had decided to leave anyway. I believe Peterborough had the same issue but just got it done in time. Why don't they have two paramedics?

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

I imagine there is a curfew at most tracks! I’m sure Poole have one.

Its been said that all parties agreed to this curfew of 10.15. If as you seem to be suggesting that why would the Aces agree to it then I’m sure someone like Lemon would be saying so now.

Im not sure how anyone can read anything into what heat it was called at because when it restarted neither team would know how many heats they could fit in. Races were run thru quickly after the restart also.

It seems clear all parties, including the Aces management, fully agreed to call it at 10.15. For whatever reason that was because matches have gone past 10.15pm in Poole before now so 10.15 wasn’t there usual curfew time.

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

A week tomorrow and were still going on about this crap, 37 - 35 result stands as agreed by all parties 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I expect that a curfew was agreed to save the fans going home any later, already some had decided to leave anyway. I believe Peterborough had the same issue but just got it done in time. Why don't they have two paramedics?

Maybe they can't stretch to that? As aren't shutting the A+E at some point, so nearest one will be Bournemouth hospital? 

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Perhaps we won't pay for two paramedics can't see any other reason than that 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

Perhaps we won't pay for two paramedics can't see any other reason than that 

Nail on head I guess.