British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

IOW V KENT THUR 27TH JUNE

The weakened Kent side still have a formidable top four..Hopefully IOWs two reserves can make the difference tonight..with Wood and Morley dominating it should be a close match..Widman must show he wants to  actually race or should stand down to give a youngster an opportunity in the side

37 minutes ago, waco said:

The weakened Kent side still have a formidable top four..Hopefully IOWs two reserves can make the difference tonight..with Wood and Morley dominating it should be a close match..Widman must show he wants to  actually race or should stand down to give a youngster an opportunity in the side

Big ask for the warriors tonight as Rowe & Edwards have previously shown a strong liking for the Island and Kemp is no slouch. The home heat leaders can't afford any slip ups of mechanical gremlins if this is to remain a contest. The reserves could settle it but an out of sorts Wirtzfeld & King have home advantage over the improving Clouting and fading Warrior Sealey (who i confess i thought was higher than a 2.00 average and ineligible to guest?) removed as i suspect that was just in my head but still a poor choice and bet James Laker is cheesed off. There are as many good reasons as bad why this might be a close run meeting for both sides. Hopefully the crowd and the Nl wins out in the end.

Edited by Sings4Speedway

16 minutes ago, waco said:

Edwards in for Jenkins makes them stronger imo  with how good Edwards is round Smallbrook. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Edwards in for Jenkins makes them stronger imo  with how good Edwards is round Smallbrook. 

Edwards is as good as Jenkins is disappointing round Smallbrook. I was expecting Richard Andrews but booking Edwards shows Kents intent this year along with a respect for the opposition.

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Big ask for the warriors tonight as Rowe & Edwards have previously shown a strong liking for the Island and Kemp is no slouch. The home heat leaders can't afford any slip ups of mechanical gremlins if this is to remain a contest. The reserves could settle it but an out of sorts Wirtzfeld & King have home advantage over the improving Clouting and fading Warrior Sealey (who i confess i thought was higher than a 2.00 average and ineligible to guest?) removed as i suspect that was just in my head but still a poor choice and bet James Laker is cheesed off. There are as many good reasons as bad why this might be a close run meeting for both sides. Hopefully the crowd and the Nl wins out in the end.

I think Sealey averaged about 1.70 in his season at the Warriors. 

Wirtzfield could have a good night, hard for the iow to pummel kents top 4, 45-45

Kent hung in there well till the later stages, ..Then Wood and Morley and Verge.did the business.Also the IOW reserves scored very well as I thought they would tonight....

• Like 1

Another excellent night's racing with some stand out entertainment from Danny Verge and Robert Ledwith in particular. Scores were VERY tight for the first 12 heats.

The meeting could have been run quicker, we missed last 3 heats of the junior match.

Lack of a tactical substitute in heat 14 still puzzles me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Proceedings were probably slowed down because Widders was delayed.

Reports fro the Island was that the meeting started on time despite being delayed. The warm weather and lack of shale will always mean more regular track work is required, RR always slows things down and from accounts the ref wasn't banging the 2 mins on with any consistency. Despite all this the racing was good and dust wasn't shocking. In the end Kent just travelled with one rider too few as the 4 man team just didn't quite have enough for the in depth Warriors. Plus always good to see a rider i rate as out of form (Wirtzfeld) going out and scoring 8+3 so what do i know.

It was a good match tbh, once kents reserves are fully fit they are still the side to beat.

The dust was horrific tbh but there was nothing you could with a gale blowing across, bends 1-2 took the brunt.

Woods looking really fast at the moment but his gatings not the best, I personally think kemps struggling for confidence, its a big jump to go up in basically his 2nd season in the sport and those first bends in the championship are very tough,not riding anywhere near his Mildenhall form of 2018 for me.

I thought ledwith rode well , sussing the track out as he went, ht 13 was a scary for a second.

Once ablitt and esp gilkes are back kent will get back to form

46 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Reports fro the Island was that the meeting started on time despite being delayed. The warm weather and lack of shale will always mean more regular track work is required, RR always slows things down and from accounts the ref wasn't banging the 2 mins on with any consistency. Despite all this the racing was good and dust wasn't shocking. In the end Kent just travelled with one rider too few as the 4 man team just didn't quite have enough for the in depth Warriors. Plus always good to see a rider i rate as out of form (Wirtzfeld) going out and scoring 8+3 so what do i know.

I was on the island last night and the first race did start 10 minutes late. The main match was still completed within two hours.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I was on the island last night and the first race did start 10 minutes late. The main match was still completed within two hours.

I stand corrected i was told the meeting started at 7.15 and wrongly thought that was tapes up time and not the actual 7pm start time. I guess most clubs stall a little when riders are running late even if it was Chris Widman who was reported to be more determined when riding last night. 2 hours isn't exactly a brisk pace but is easier to take on a warm sunny evening compared to a chilly one.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I stand corrected i was told the meeting started at 7.15 and wrongly thought that was tapes up time and not the actual 7pm start time. I guess most clubs stall a little when riders are running late even if it was Chris Widman who was reported to be more determined when riding last night. 2 hours isn't exactly a brisk pace but is easier to take on a warm sunny evening compared to a chilly one.

A couple of weeks ago in threatening weather, the first 12 heats against Plymouth were run by 8.10. It shows what can be done.

• Like 1