British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Edinburgh v Glasgow 28/6/19 CL @19-30

Where are you Blobby ? Does nobody care anymore , back in the day we'd have been slagging each other off  for about 10 pages by now . 

Another symptom of the malaise surrounding our sport these days . Nobody is up for a laugh on here these days.  

Anyway as for the match , we are at full strength , although how young master Bailey negotiates his first foray into technical track speedway is anybodies guess . 

While the forces of darkness have Howarth for Pickering , drafted in Palovaara for the disappointing Sedgmen and Coles for Ruddick , which makes them a fair bit stronger than the Shield meeting . 

Edited by Paulco
My phone changes words
  • Like 1

Have to agree with paulco, Edinburgh look a lot stronger than the last time so hate to say this but can only see a monarchs win.

8 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Have to agree with paulco, Edinburgh look a lot stronger than the last time so hate to say this but can only see a monarchs win.

No way. 

Weej to steamroller us! 

Would only say we are slightly stronger than last time.  

Dont expect Coles to score what ruddick would get and Wells seems in a downward spiral at the moment.  However Palovaara should score well and howarth too.  

Narrow monarchs win should be achievable but a Glasgow win would not be a surprise.   

Expect a heathly crowd as you West lot will smell a victory.  If you see a wee boy running around on his own be my son who is a cookie fan and I disown him this meeting.  

• Haha 1

Been a busy man the last few days however I’m here now. 

Don’t see how we’re stronger victor will score more than Sedgmen but coles will score less than ruddick. Hopefully Ricky rides like he can tonight compared to how he has been recently.

Glasgow to just edge it. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Been a busy man the last few days however I’m here now. 

Don’t see how we’re stronger victor will score more than Sedgmen but coles will score less than ruddick. Hopefully Ricky rides like he can tonight compared to how he has been recently.

Glasgow to just edge it. 

Of course you're stronger , Howarth instead of Wethers !!!!! Howarth could score more on his own than what Wethers , Sedgmen and Ruddick scored together in the Shield match . 

So the usual downplaying of their chances by the salt and sauce mob won't wash this time . 

But I'll be there tonight in red and white hoping against hope that our boys can do it again . 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Paulco said:

Where are you Blobby ? Does nobody care anymore , back in the day we'd have been slagging each other off  for about 10 pages by now . 

Another symptom of the malaise surrounding our sport these days . Nobody is up for a laugh on here these days.  

Anyway as for the match , we are at full strength , although how young master Bailey negotiates his first foray into technical track speedway is anybodies guess . 

While the forces of darkness have Howarth for Pickering , drafted in Palovaara for the disappointing Sedgmen and Coles for Ruddick , which makes them a fair bit stronger than the Shield meeting . 

This Forum is just not the same anymore without us pesky Comets , Paulco , we could run into pages and pages :lol:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Of course you're stronger , Howarth instead of Wethers !!!!! Howarth could score more on his own than what Wethers , Sedgmen and Ruddick scored together in the Shield match . 

So the usual downplaying of their chances by the salt and sauce mob won't wash this time . 

But I'll be there tonight in red and white hoping against hope that our boys can do it again . 

Wouldn’t say it’s down playing, we’re pretty rubbish to be totally honest.

at last , honesty from an edinbra fan ! well said Mr bLOBBY . 

Edited by jenga
Do I need a reason ?

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

This Forum is just not the same anymore without us pesky Comets , Paulco , we could run into pages and pages :lol:

This is true , the forum has been rubbish this season . And you might not be a million miles from the truth for one of the reasons 

• Like 1

I see from official sources that Glasgow have lodged a complaint and are wanting tonights match postponed.

Seemingly its called a Sun Off :party::party:

You wanted banter Paulco, lets go :rofl:

Edited by ekimba
spelling

3 hours ago, Paulco said:

Palovaara is the difference, replacing the ineffective Sedgmen he has brought solidity at home. To counter him we need to out gate him. No way Sedgmen will get back in this team. For GLA much relies on Vissing who is in his annual mid season slump, his equipment from last week wont do, and Starke who is proving consistently inconsistent.

The other major variable is the track, glorious weather makes prep difficult, will it be the deep soaking stuff for only the bravest or ultra slick for gaters?

1 hour ago, ekimba said:

I see from official sources that Glasgow have lodged a complaint and are wanting tonights match postponed.

Seemingly its called a Sun Off :party::party:

You wanted banter Paulco, lets go :rofl:

The days of that kind of nonsense are a distant memory  thankfully . Speedway knows that kind of behaviour won't be tolerated anymore 

Typical monarchs fans comments saying there no better off with the changes compared to the last time :rofl:

a few facts from last time. You've replaced Ruddick 0 with Coles who scored paid 5 for us! replaced sedgmen 2 with Victor who scored paid 14 last week! and replaced wethers paid 8 with Howarth who scored paid 13 riding for wolves against you early in the season. you aren't just better of than the last time,your a lot lot stronger and we only won by 4 the last time. so no ifs or buts you will win, sadly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Typical monarchs fans comments saying there no better off with the changes compared to the last time :rofl:

a few facts from last time. You've replaced Ruddick 0 with Coles who scored paid 5 for us! replaced sedgmen 2 with Victor who scored paid 14 last week! and replaced wethers paid 8 with Howarth who scored paid 13 riding for wolves against you early in the season. you aren't just better of than the last time,your a lot lot stronger and we only won by 4 the last time. so no ifs or buts you will win, sadly.

Ruddick didn’t even make it to the first corner in his first ride then withdrew course he never scored. Add that to your facts.