British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Edinburgh v Glasgow 28/6/19 CL @19-30

2 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Absolutely R&R,  there is no instant drug test result as you rightly say and i’ve Witnessed riders that have mysteriously ricked their back pre-meeting and even fallen down changing room steps to avoid being tested.   

They have probably tightened things up as regards "signing in" to a meeting these days to stop any chance of that happening now !!!!- Oh the memories ;)

15 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Had to laugh after the meeting at a conversation with those two notable worthys,  Dick Barrie and Kenny McKinna . I said young Kyle was our man of the match and while Dick agreed , Kenny said " yes he can gate , but he looks slow which is a worry " . 

Kenny son , the lad just scored 10 paid 11 on an away track , and his crucial third place in heat 14 effectively won us the meeting . He can look as slow as he likes if he keeps doing that .

He does have a point though don’t think I’ve seen someone so slow score so many points, but fair play to the lad just got the bike in the right places and made it very awkward to get past.

If the test comes  up positive for any banned substances your out and will probably now have to give a blood sample if you google drug test kits there very accurate these days can pinpoint what’s in your urine within 10 mins and tell you even what type of drug you have taken  ALL OPIATES (including Heroin and Morphine)                

• COCAINE (including Crack and Coke)
  • METHAMPHETAMINES (including Ice, E's)
  • SPEED (including Whizz and all Amphetamines)
  • ALL BENZOS (including Valium and Rohypnol)
  • METHADONE (including Red Rock and Dolly)
  • ALL MARIJUANA (including Cannabis and Skunk)

46 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Had to laugh after the meeting at a conversation with those two notable worthys,  Dick Barrie and Kenny McKinna . I said young Kyle was our man of the match and while Dick agreed , Kenny said " yes he can gate , but he looks slow which is a worry " . 

Kenny son , the lad just scored 10 paid 11 on an away track , and his crucial third place in heat 14 effectively won us the meeting . He can look as slow as he likes if he keeps doing that .

I would give Howarth Tigers man of the match :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stewmac said:

You'd imagine so. When I arrived at 6.55, I'd only been in the stadium a moment when someone told me Howarth was out the meeting due to failing a drugs test. What annoyed me was that many folk knew the situation by 7.30, so it was ridiculous to then hear it announced he had had to rush away due to a family emergency. Why not simply say what had happened - even if it was pending further investigation?

Exactly

1 hour ago, stewmac said:

You'd imagine so. When I arrived at 6.55, I'd only been in the stadium a moment when someone told me Howarth was out the meeting due to failing a drugs test. What annoyed me was that many folk knew the situation by 7.30, so it was ridiculous to then hear it announced he had had to rush away due to a family emergency. Why not simply say what had happened - even if it was pending further investigation?

There is a worrying trend from Promotions just to tell the public a load of Bullsh#t these days, when really they just have to tell the truth it does not help the credibility of such Promotions.There has been no explanation regarding Howarth yet apart from the” family emergency “ yet,so  we will have to wait and see.

Bullsh#t and Mushrooms fans favourite food these days:D

2 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Could they not announce it as withdrawn on medical grounds?

How about "medication grounds"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

If the test comes  up positive for any banned substances your out and will probably now have to give a blood sample if you google drug test kits there very accurate these days can pinpoint what’s in your urine within 10 mins and tell you even what type of drug you have taken  ALL OPIATES (including Heroin and Morphine)                

• COCAINE (including Crack and Coke)
  • METHAMPHETAMINES (including Ice, E's)
  • SPEED (including Whizz and all Amphetamines)
  • ALL BENZOS (including Valium and Rohypnol)
  • METHADONE (including Red Rock and Dolly)
  • ALL MARIJUANA (including Cannabis and Skunk)

to be fair to Howarth,theres alot of folk that need a fix before they go to Armadale.....;););)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Statement released by Wolves

CLUB STATEMENT | 

WOLVERHAMPTON and Kyle Howarth should know by Tuesday the outcome of a sample taken at a drugs test prior to his planned guest appearance for Edinburgh on Friday.

It is our understanding that an issue arose in relation to medication that Kyle has been taking whilst recovering from recent injuries and illness.

As a consequence, the failed drugs test ruled him out of the meeting.

We understand the medication Kyle has been using is Night Nurse, which is readily available over the counter for general use.

However, Wolverhampton Speedway do take the matter seriously, and the sample is now at a laboratory for further analysis, the result of which should be known on Tuesday.

We are confident this analysis will show traces of Night Nurse only and no other issues, and that Kyle will be cleared to resume racing.

Promoter Chris Van Straaten said: “Whilst we take the matter very seriously, anybody who has seen Kyle ride recently will know whatever he has been taking cannot have been performance-enhancing!”

1 hour ago, snapper said:

Statement released by Wolves

CLUB STATEMENT | 

WOLVERHAMPTON and Kyle Howarth should know by Tuesday the outcome of a sample taken at a drugs test prior to his planned guest appearance for Edinburgh on Friday.

It is our understanding that an issue arose in relation to medication that Kyle has been taking whilst recovering from recent injuries and illness.

As a consequence, the failed drugs test ruled him out of the meeting.

We understand the medication Kyle has been using is Night Nurse, which is readily available over the counter for general use.

However, Wolverhampton Speedway do take the matter seriously, and the sample is now at a laboratory for further analysis, the result of which should be known on Tuesday.

We are confident this analysis will show traces of Night Nurse only and no other issues, and that Kyle will be cleared to resume racing.

Promoter Chris Van Straaten said: “Whilst we take the matter very seriously, anybody who has seen Kyle ride recently will know whatever he has been taking cannot have been performance-enhancing!”

Quite a glib comment at the end by the promoter. Short term this has probably cost Edinburgh a home victory. Don’t see a Monarchs away victory coming soon but if it did this home defeat could come back to haunt them at the end of the season. Can’t remember a season when everything has seen to have gone wrong for us. Injuries, off form riders and Drug Gate. ☹️

5 hours ago, The H Man said:

Absolutely R&R,  there is no instant drug test result as you rightly say and i’ve Witnessed riders that have mysteriously ricked their back pre-meeting and even fallen down changing room steps to avoid being tested.   

How you Gowan, mr h man? ;) 

3 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Quite a glib comment at the end by the promoter. Short term this has probably cost Edinburgh a home victory. Don’t see a Monarchs away victory coming soon but if it did this home defeat could come back to haunt them at the end of the season. Can’t remember a season when everything has seen to have gone wrong for us. Injuries, off form riders and Drug Gate. ☹️

Probably did cost us in the end along with the dodgy starts that weren’t getting pulled back.

• Haha 1

If the test shows Night Nurse and nothing illegal as Wolves'statement hopes then should last night's meeting not be rerun with original programmed teams and last night's result declared void.!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2