British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Edinburgh v Glasgow 28/6/19 CL @19-30

2 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

No....it's simply a rider not turning up!.... No facility for R/R.

The rider turned up though and was not allowed to ride.

5 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

What is done is done.

41 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Anyone.

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Not the first time this season either. Seen a lot of poor refereeing at the starts this season. Not just against us. But that’s twice now this season I’ve witnessed a Glasgow rider hit the tapes and the race not been pulled back.

Always cheated never defeated springs to mind.

5 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Lots of bitter Monarch fans about, yeah Glasgow got a bit of luck but every team would take that . Glasgow have no control over the referee, there has been many times that we had decisions go against us in the past. Some of the excuses from monarchs fans are unbelievable,  get over it , move on and support your team, win or lose. Monarchs have had some great runs in the past , winning more trophies than Glasgow. We were rubbishe for years , it is nice to at least being near the top of the table instead of bottom. Monarchs will improve and I hope they don't lose any more home matches , except for against Glasgow.

Thanks for the kind words Dot about hospitality and wishing us well in the future at home. I don’t think we will improve much unless we jettison our number 6. For someone with his experience to pull out another bike from a van without having been examined is totally shocking. Should have been sent packing weeks ago. I said before Glasgow can only beat what’s in front of them. Referee unusually for him was a bit lax but that is not fault of the opposition.  I coach sport and think fans sometimes need to look at situations with a more non biased and balanced view. Must be hard for management to get beat by your nearest and dearest in such circumstances but they need to act and address how to take team forward. 

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Referees have a history of not knowing all the rules.

A ref was informed of a rule infringement at one of last nights fixtures, his reply was ' oh let's just get on with it, time is dragging on and he won't win the race anyway !"

I asked two promoters today there understanding of the situation and both said the rule book states no facility for R/R.

Having scrutinised the 2019  SCB Speedway Regulations, under 23 A : Penalty Guidelines for Meeting Referees, the following  is stated:-

"When a rider, Official or Motorcycle is unfit (including failing a drug or alcohol test), suspended, unlicensed or does not comply with the Regulations, then disqualification of the rider / Motorcycle from the Meeting may be mandatory. When a rider is disqualified from a Team Event due to failing a pre-meeting Alcohol or Drug test, or non-compliance to the Silencer, Tyre or Carburettor Regulations, then no Facility nor replacements are permitted in any Programmed rides". 

IMO this unambiguously means that neither r/r nor a Junior Rider replacing Howard should  have been permitted for the programmed rides of the Monarchs number 3.

I accept that this would have probably killed off the match as a close encounter for those, like myself, in attendance.

Had Monarchs actually won, then Glasgow would have been fully justified to then appeal the result, which the SCB would have been obliged to overturn.

For the record I am a Monarchs fan, without a "win at any cost" attitude.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, cyclone said:

Having scrutinised the 2019  SCB Speedway Regulations, under 23 A : Penalty Guidelines for Meeting Referees, the following  is stated:-

"When a rider, Official or Motorcycle is unfit (including failing a drug or alcohol test), suspended, unlicensed or does not comply with the Regulations, then disqualification of the rider / Motorcycle from the Meeting may be mandatory. When a rider is disqualified from a Team Event due to failing a pre-meeting Alcohol or Drug test, or non-compliance to the Silencer, Tyre or Carburettor Regulations, then no Facility nor replacements are permitted in any Programmed rides". 

IMO this unambiguously means that neither r/r nor a Junior Rider replacing Howard should  have been permitted for the programmed rides of the Monarchs number 3.

I accept that this would have probably killed off the match as a close encounter for those, like myself, in attendance.

Had Monarchs actually won, then Glasgow would have been fully justified to then appeal the result, which the SCB would have been obliged to overturn.

For the record I am a Monarchs fan, without a "win at any cost" attitude.

Thank you.

Another case of the rule book being ignored by the officials concerned.

whilst I realise it made no difference to the result and , yet again, the fans would have suffered, why do we bother with the rule book if it's just going to be ignored when it suits ?

33 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

But we were using R/R for Pickering not Howarth.

Aye.....very funny.   At least, I HOPE it was a joke.......lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cyclone said:

IIRC there are non prescription over-the-counter medicines that do contain ingredients deemed as performance enhancing substances.

However according to this link re Night  Nurse:-

http://www.theathlete.org/banned_drugs/night-nurse.html

"This Product does not contain any banned substances according to the IOC, therefore this product can be taken in accordance with the Manufacturers guidelines." 

So it would appear  that can be ruled out.

NO IT CANNOT . 

19 hours ago, CottonOn said:

What on earth are you going on about?   No one said anything about Beta Blockers.    Howarth has said he took Night Nurse.

Before doing a drugs screening test at the track the rider is asked if they have taken any medication.  Since he's said he took NIght Nurse, (and we have no evidence of anything else) we can only assume that NIght Nurse is the reason the screening test threw up what they call a "non-negative", which needs to be tested.

With a "non-negative" in the screening test, the rider is disqualified from the meeting, and the sample has to undergo a drugs test at a laboratory.   Of course if any rider's drugs test comes back positive for a banned substance they deserve to be banned for a long time.   But if what Howarth says is true, then the drugs test will identify Night Nurse, and he'll be free to continue riding because Night Nurse doesn't contain anything on the WADA banned list.  (There are many websites you can google yourself where you can easily see the IOC's list of what medications are on the WADA banned list).

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE PUDDIN BRAINS . ITS NOT THE DRUG(NIGHT NURSE ) ITS THE SIDE EFFECTS ..

18 hours ago, Gringo said:

But how long does Night Nurse stay in your system,he presumably did not take it on Friday.

THE MEDICINE WAS STILL IN HIS BODY AND ON HIS BREATH . HENCE THE FAIL READING . ANY FORM OF MEDICATION NUMBS THING TO TAKE AWAY THE DISCOMFORT OR PAIN . BUT HAS LATER PROBLEMS .

come on folk , fight back.

54 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As its a urine sample the 'breath' side does not come into play.

and that proves that traces of night nurse were still in his body !

i was not too sure what kind of sample was taken . now its even more serious than before , is it not . 

2 hours ago, jenga said:

THE MEDICINE WAS STILL IN HIS BODY AND ON HIS BREATH . HENCE THE FAIL READING . ANY FORM OF MEDICATION NUMBS THING TO TAKE AWAY THE DISCOMFORT OR PAIN . BUT HAS LATER PROBLEMS .

It seems some still don't understand it.

The breath test is for alcohol only.   Apparently no one had a problem with the breath test.

The urine sample is for a drugs screening test.  If this comes back negative, then all is OK.   However it seems Howarth's screening test produced what is called a "non-negative".  This therefore means the sample has to go off to a laboratory for a drugs test to find out what produced the non-negative (it may be a banned substance or it may be something else).   

Howarth declared taking Night Nurse, and this is what may have triggered the non-negative screening.  Night Nurse is not a banned substance (anyone can google the IOC to get the list of WADA banned substances) and if this is what is found, then all is OK and Howarth is in the clear.   

Of course if the drugs test comes back positive for a banned substance, then he'd be in big trouble.   

1 hour ago, CottonOn said:

It seems some still don't understand it.

The breath test is for alcohol only.   Apparently no one had a problem with the breath test.

The urine sample is for a drugs screening test.  If this comes back negative, then all is OK.   However it seems Howarth's screening test produced what is called a "non-negative".  This therefore means the sample has to go off to a laboratory for a drugs test to find out what produced the non-negative (it may be a banned substance or it may be something else).   

Howarth declared taking Night Nurse, and this is what may have triggered the non-negative screening.  Night Nurse is not a banned substance (anyone can google the IOC to get the list of WADA banned substances) and if this is what is found, then all is OK and Howarth is in the clear.   

Of course if the drugs test comes back positive for a banned substance, then he'd be in big trouble.   

although nigh nurse is not a banned substance, the side effects can be harmful to others around the user when operating machinery . as my post above states , i was not sure if it was a breath test or a urine test . but driving under the effects of night nurse is a no no . its there to help you to get some decent sleep at night and not as a pick me up .

would you work with someone who had had a couple of drinks on a scaffold platform  . na , me neither .

Apologies if this has been covered already, if you look at the Global DRO web portal, Night Nurse is permitted for in competition use, but Day and Night Nurse is banned in competition, this is specific to the UK and motorcycle sport so I assume this is the FIM ruling also