British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue v Poole Monday 1/7/19 BT Sports

If the rules were followed we could have used Vissing. 

The powers that be told us that Tero HAD to be the rider we were replacing and a replacement is at the “directors discretion”. They denied an adequate replacement and we were forced to track Kyle. 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why?

It doesn't actually, because there is a bit that says you cant redeclare an injured rider, I was getting my dates mixed up as well.

Regardless, on the back of 2 genuine and unfortunate injuries bv were declined a facility where others would be granted one.

That's the real argument here.

Belle Vue fans should whinging on here should just admit they were beaten by a far more determined Poole side who themselves were devastated by injuries. Middlo showing why he is the best manager in the country by getting the very best out of his patched up side, leaving Lemon in his wake.

Pirates serious title contenders. The replacement for Worral will be crucial 

• Like 1

All this jiggery pokery of the rules, some cant, some can, a favoured few, if it suits me I will do it because I can..... its whats wrong with speedway today. Back in 2013 I started to get my love back for the sport that I lost in the early 80's. I struggling big time to come back. I went to Cardiff 2013-14-15, I did the world team at BV 3years ago and thats it for live speedway. I subscribe to BT so watch all the GPs and love them, other international events and enjoy them, the British speedway league I suffer them. Just cant catch on to British speedway at the moment so wont travel the 60 mile round trip to BV, no matter how good the track and facilities are. And each year as I get older it lessens the chance of me ever going .  Its sad, but its my reality.  

British speedway desperately needs a massive shake up like never before, and not just one big league. Just because it worked before does not mean it will work again.  Can I see this massive shake up coming...... No not really, again sad but its my reality.  

As for last night, great speedway at times. Poole  were worthy winners no doubt about it. Think the outside lines were not as fulfilling as can be at BV and it took until Berge hugged the line for it to be seen where was perhaps the better line - too late.

Edited by OveFundinFan

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Worrall, Covatti, NBJ . 10 points between them last time and the result was 45-45

R/R , Becker, Etheridge . 11 points between them this time and Poole win by 2

I would say the result was pretty much spot on and expected.........in fact with Bickley replacing Wells (0 and not 4) maybe Poole should have took the 4 points

If Worrall, Covatti and NBJ this time don't you think they would have got more than 10 with Bickley riding? I agree we probably should have got 4 points with Bickley riding but Becker 3 points didn't help much, Jack rode well and so did Josh, Brady rode well earlier in the meeting, I know you always go on about Brady fading in meetings but he was against Fricke and Bjerre!

Well done the patched up Pirates. Like BV at Wimborne Road last week who came for a point and got one, Poole came for the win and got that too. Result!!:t:

Particular congrats to Josh G and Max Fricke. Both superb performances.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Belle Vue fans should whinging on here should just admit they were beaten by a far more determined Poole side who themselves were devastated by injuries. Middlo showing why he is the best manager in the country by getting the very best out of his patched up side, leaving Lemon in his wake.

Pirates serious title contenders. The replacement for Worral will be crucial 

And Worrall's replacement will have to be like for like as we are be a point above the limit.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

And Worrall's replacement will have to be like for like as we are be a point above the limit.

Of course as them's the rules!!;)  Unless we make 2 or 3 changes and redeclare with a 3 point reserve or similar?:rolleyes:

Congratulations to Poole on a deserved win. I have never seen Grajczonek ride as well as he did last night. I must admit that I was surprised that our late rally ended up with us only losing by 2. It was an entertaining meeting.

I don't think we need worry too much if both Poole and ourselves get to and meet in the play offs. We lost by 2 at Poole and I would be confident that Worrall, Bewley and our second reserve will score more than they did last night. R/r and the guests for Poole achieved what their regular team members would have done. 

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Of course as them's the rules!!;)  Unless we make 2 or 3 changes and redeclare with a 3 point reserve or similar?:rolleyes:

Don't think that is a option, I would wait for Covatti to return after injury possibly not too long I hope, so max two changes for me which could be Kasper Gomolski and a 3 pointer For Richie and NBJ

5 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Congratulations to Poole on a deserved win. I have never seen Grajczonek ride as well as he did last night. I must admit that I was surprised that our late rally ended up with us only losing by 2. It was an entertaining meeting.

I don't think we need worry too much if both Poole and ourselves get to and meet in the play offs. We lost by 2 at Poole and I would be confident that Worrall, Bewley and our second reserve will score more than they did last night. R/r and the guests for Poole achieved what their regular team members would have done. 

Yes I think you losing by 2 papers over the cracks though, Josh is amazing at the moment, really don't know why and I doubt he does either!

I think if Ipswich finish top they may choose Poole anyway

The team that gets 4th could well be an in form team and one you would want to avoid

Ipswich i dont think would do to well at Belle Vue if they make it so the option would no doubt be Poole

But if Poole get first choice they would choose Belle Vue as they go well there

Im not saying Belle Vue are better than Poole or vice versa, just some teams go better at certain tracks.........Poole ride Belle Vue better than they ride Foxhall...........and Ipswich ride Poole better than they ride Belle Vue

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not sure. Tatum said no changes in heat 8 on bt tonight.

You can make reserve change 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I think you losing by 2 papers over the cracks though, Josh is amazing at the moment, really don't know why and I doubt he does either!

Always rides better when pappa G (his dad) is over. Same every year. Good solid rider is Josh. I like him. Belle vue should never have let him go. 

Remember a very young Josh at the old BV track have a perler on bend three when on Sky. He was leading the Poole heat leaders at the time.

Isn’t BV his local track? Thought he lives in Manchester.

Edited by Steve Shovlar