British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue v Poole Monday 1/7/19 BT Sports

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Remember a very young Josh at the old BV track have a perler on bend three when on Sky. He was leading the Poole heat leaders at the time.

Isn’t BV his local track? Thought he lives in Manchester.

He lived a stones throw up the road from me in east manchester, not sure if he still does.

He's a very dependable 2nd string/3rd HL. Ironically exactly what bv need right now with the form of dan and steve who have both been awful.

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

The BSPA have alot to answer for last night. Would it have made a difference.. probably not. But we was shafted. So well done them 

Aarnio now reverts bk Into team. And not wells like they told us in the morning.  So we diddnt have to use a championship rider under 4. Nice of them to tell us there mistake at 17:10. Well done you BSPA

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Shafted?

Tero Aarnio was in the Belle Vue declared 1-7, effective 30th June. He was injured but as he hadn’t appeared for the Club no facility was available. Ricky Wells was also injured so Belle Vue couldn’t revert to the previous declaration (as an injured rider cannot be (re)declared in a 1-7). So the only facility available to Belle Vue was ‘no facility’ - a CL Rider with a sub 4-point average.

I always believed there was no facility if a rider hasn’t ridden for the club which seems correct.

completely different situation to a rider injured before the season starts as some have suggested regards Wolves.

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Worrall, Covatti, NBJ . 10 points between them last time and the result was 45-45

R/R , Becker, Etheridge . 11 points between them this time and Poole win by 2

I would say the result was pretty much spot on and expected.........in fact with Bickley replacing Wells (0 and not 4) maybe Poole should have took the 4 points

Poole fans still going on about their patched up team even though their replacement facilities did better.

40 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Poole fans still going on about their patched up team even though their replacement facilities did better.

By 1 point. Hardly earth shattering is it?? 

Nonsense to compare what they did last time and say they would do exactly the same again. Covatti could easily have scored double figures last night on his current form. 

50 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Because one or two have the mentality that if riders are missing they are always weaker

I would say at home , with riders missing, then yes sometimes they will be weaker

But away from home they can bring in 'horses for courses' and more often than not be stronger

As an Ipswich fan id love us to be able to draft in Bellego at Belle Vue...............or replace Lawson at Kings Lynn ......or replace Harris at Wolves

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

By 1 point. Hardly earth shattering is it?? 

Nope but expected result 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nonsense to compare what they did last time and say they would do exactly the same again. Covatti could easily have scored double figures last night on his current form. 

So you think that past form is irrelevant then?

Covatti could have got 10 or 3.

Wells if he rode instead of Bickley would have got 4 or 5 i would say

Its all ifs and buts

Poole drew there last time.......went back stronger.....Belle Vue were weaker.........Poole won...........obvious to any supporter that Poole should of and did win the match

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

So you think that past form is irrelevant then?

Covatti could have got 10 or 3.

Wells if he rode instead of Bickley would have got 4 or 5 i would say

Its all ifs and buts

Poole drew there last time.......went back stronger.....Belle Vue were weaker.........Poole won...........obvious to any supporter that Poole should of and did win the match

Should have Gav, should have and did.:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think the debate about the BSPA ruling is overlooking the fact that Belle Vue were well beaten tonight with only Fricke (and to a smaller extent Lidsey) coming out with any credit. The two point deficit flattered the Aces and unfortunately it looks like we are a little short of top class when it comes down to it. 

The most concerning thing for me is the form of Bewley and Worrall who both look (understandably) a level below last season. I think we all suspected that entrusting Dan with a heat leader role was going to be a leap of faith, but sadly it looks like he's going to take longer than anticipated to step up. Don't think we need to change any personnel, but we might just have to live with an 'if only' season and review again in the winter.

Edited by Garry1603

4 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Is it any wonder that I am completely disillusioned with the way British Speedway s being run ?

British Speedway is crying out for a leading major well known Sponsor...

Therefore. Surely Disney can see the obvious synergy between the two brands and would come on board..?

The 'Mickey Mouse British League' would be perfect....

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mikebv said:

British Speedway is crying out for a leading major well known Sponsor...

Therefore. Surely Disney can see the obvious synergy between the two brands and would come on board..?

The 'Mickey Mouse British League' would be perfect....

Not much wrong with the logic there.

6 hours ago, ouch said:

“SGB PREMIERSHIP ISSUE 13 - Issued on 01-07-19”

“Team Declaration Effective Immediately”

That's a selective quote, the full heading reads'Team Declaration Effective Immediately (or date stated by team name) -  the Belle Vue entry is marked 'eff(ective) 30/6'.

6 hours ago, ouch said:

Issue 11 has Ricky’s effective average 1/7 as 4.24.

Issue 13 has Ricky’s effective average 1/7 as 4.52.

It does mentions 4.24 but has no date, it’s just hovering about. 

Mistakes where made here due to the focus being on screwing us and like I say it can (to some) get complicated. 

Again, you need to look at the Green Sheet in its entirety.

Issue 11 gives the 1st July figures in Column C, where Ricky Wells' average reduces from 4.52 (June average in Column A) to 4.24

Issue 12 does not affect Belle Vue averages

Issue 13 shows a change for Belle Vue effective from 30th June. At 30th June Wells' average is still 4.52, and the team total is 42.34, so Aarnio at 4.55 is a valid team change.

No mistake was made here.

I do however accept that the way the Green Sheets appear can be complicated when a change occurs during the transition period between months.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ouch said:

We signed Tero but due to his injury we had to revert to our previous declaration and include Ricky. This is what also happened at Kings Lynn with Nicol/Lambert. 

Issue 13 PL averages effective 1/07/19 have Ricky at 4.52. This allows us to use a CL guest up to 6.78. 

Issue 16 CL averages effective 1/07/19 have Vissing  6.65

Aces rode against Poole 01/07/19

The difference is that Ricky Wells is injured, so Belle Vue couldn't revert to the previous declaration.

For correctness, Wells' average from 1st July is 4.24 (converts to 6.36)

Which exceeds 6.36

Correct !

5 hours ago, ouch said:

If the rules were followed we could have used Vissing. 

The powers that be told us that Tero HAD to be the rider we were replacing and a replacement is at the “directors discretion”. They denied an adequate replacement and we were forced to track Kyle. 

That's not the case

• Like 1