British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue v Poole Monday 1/7/19 BT Sports

I’m afraid to say reading through your thoughts on this it makes no sense to me whatsoever and only raises more questions with regards issue 13. It’s tedious in the extreme how this sport works as some participants look to gain an off track advantage. 

Maybe I need to speak with Craig Ackroyd to help me get my head round it. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Nope but expected result 

But not by you. Do you have a team to support, or are you now a closet Poole fan .

14 minutes ago, ouch said:

I’m afraid to say reading through your thoughts on this it makes no sense to me whatsoever and only raises more questions with regards issue 13. It’s tedious in the extreme how this sport works as some participants look to gain an off track advantage. 

Nevermind eh, keep munching on those grapes. I hear they are precious in Manchester...

Edited by Starman2006

5 minutes ago, ouch said:

Indeed

57 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

But not by you. Do you have a team to support, or are you now a closet Poole fan .

????

I said that Poole were favourites to win at Belle Vue.......and they did........it was expected by most people

I do have a team to support...........you must know them.......top of the league in our first season back..........

And because im an Ipswich fan does that mean i cant comment on any other teams...........fool

• Haha 1

Regardless of all the arguments on here (from the usual suspects!!) , as a neutral fan, I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting which was by far the best one on TV this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Feel free to send me a PM

1 hour ago, ouch said:

He will probably ring you back hours later with the right answer and a grovelling apology. 

1 hour ago, ytsejam said:

Regardless of all the arguments on here (from the usual suspects!!) , as a neutral fan, I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting which was by far the best one on TV this season.

Agreed.But nobody can deny we deserved the win. Although  all poole fans will not take that result for granted. Should we meet in the play off's. Neither will Neil  Matt nor the team..

Edited by Starman2006

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

That's not the case

Neil sorry if this appears pedantic but Issue 13 as you correctly point out shows BV effective 30/06. I have the printout in front of me!

However it also shows Belle Vue's team total being 43.09 including Aarnio at 4.55.  Aarnio's average is higher than both of Wells' averages 4.52 or 4.24, so how is it allowed when the team total is in excess of 42.50?

Edited by Skidder1

21 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Agreed.But nobody can deny we deserved the win. Although  all poole fans will not take that result for granted. Should we meet in the play off's. Neither will Neil  Matt nor the team..

Rode Belle Vue twice and drawn and won

I would say that Belle Vue will be Pooles first choice of opponents should they get the chance 

9 hours ago, Garry1603 said:

I think the debate about the BSPA ruling is overlooking the fact that Belle Vue were well beaten tonight with only Fricke (and to a smaller extent Lidsey) coming out with any credit. The two point deficit flattered the Aces and unfortunately it looks like we are a little short of top class when it comes down to it. 

The most concerning thing for me is the form of Bewley and Worrall who both look (understandably) a level below last season. I think we all suspected that entrusting Dan with a heat leader role was going to be a leap of faith, but sadly it looks like he's going to take longer than anticipated to step up. Don't think we need to change any personnel, but we might just have to live with an 'if only' season and review again in the winter.

Agree, to me both dan and Steve’s bottle has gone. Totally understandable but that’s not going to cut it for winning the league. Dan has the capability to return to form but I fear steve has nothing left to give. Constantly shutting off in tough situations and only races when he’s out in front. The only good signs were beginning of the season against poor teams in meaningless matches. After his playoff performances last 2 years I’d have said bye bye. 1 point at home is just not good enough, far too many chances now

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Agree, to me both dan and Steve’s bottle has gone. Totally understandable but that’s not going to cut it for winning the league. Dan has the capability to return to form but I fear steve has nothing left to give. Constantly shutting off in tough situations and only races when he’s out in front. The only good signs were beginning of the season against poor teams in meaningless matches. After his playoff performances last 2 years I’d have said bye bye. 1 point at home is just not good enough, far too many chances now

I agree with this. He escapes criticism sometimes, but I think Steve has probably run his course as a BV rider now. He's been around a while but the development has now stopped and he's barely cutting it as a 2nd string. 

Our middle order is weak. We need to get dan to reserve somehow and replace Worall and Berge. 

TBH this season is a wrote off for me, we are not making the play offs with this team. Bigger concern though is the money they can generate. We need to be a part of it

5 hours ago, acef said:

I agree with this. He escapes criticism sometimes, but I think Steve has probably run his course as a BV rider now. He's been around a while but the development has now stopped and he's barely cutting it as a 2nd string. 

Our middle order is weak. We need to get dan to reserve somehow and replace Worall and Berge. 

TBH this season is a wrote off for me, we are not making the play offs with this team. Bigger concern though is the money they can generate. We need to be a part of it

Dan really needs to be riding in the championship as well, he’s not had a team place in Poland this year due to form. It’s a risk riding in the lower league after his injury but I think lack of activity is effecting his progression. I don’t want to knock the riders because it’s a bloody tough sport but I want to see the club i love do well and win the league again but until we have a proper think about riders it’s not going to happen. Getting rid of cook was a total wrong decision, not sure why this happened but we’ve lost a gem there.

I don’t think the club now truely believe they can win the league so why are we not just dropping down a league and making more money with more local derbies...

Neither of them has lost their bottle. They are not backing out of tight first bends and are chasing close to other riders when behind. 

I tend to agree that Steve may have reached his standard in the top league, a good second string but wouldn't yet count out further improvement. 

Dan is coming back from a more recent and more serious injury.  He returned to racing much earlier than expected and  it is unrealistic to expect him to already be back to where he was. I think he is also suffering from a lack of meetings. The Premier to Championship average formula makes it very difficult for him to get a place in that league and his Polish team seem  not to be prepared to allow him time to settle back into racing there. 

• Like 1