Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue v Poole Monday 1/7/19 BT Sports

6 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

rospigarana have sacked robert lambert !!

no real surprise maybe as the ones I saw him in he wasn't up to much?

16 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not as way off as you might think.

Bewley Finished a great 2018 early  with a 7.19 ave.  Had serious injuries.

His 2019  league meeting ave is 6.27... Considering he is young and probably his 1st big injury I don't think he has dropped much. Maybe less than Rob Lambert has dropped....

Worrall averaged 6.32 in 2018.

Suffered serious injury. His 2019 league meeting ave is 6.11. Less than TJ has dropped...

Lidsey, assessed 4.00 ? I can't remember.In 2019 he has averaged 4.21 in league meetings. If the 4.00 is right he's done ok.

Worrall was much better in 2017 before he broke his leg and missed a lot of 2018.  Has achieved at a lower level since.

6 hours ago, Steve0 said:

To be fair, the final score line on Monday flattered BV - they were definitely the second best on the night and by some margin #justsaying

But the margin was 2 points.

Are you suggesting poole downed tools and didnt want 4 points, instead 3?

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 1:09 PM, Steve0 said:

To be fair, the final score line on Monday flattered BV - they were definitely the second best on the night and by some margin #justsaying

Belle Vue were 2nd best coming out of turn 2 lap1 in most of the heats, Poole have riders who love the NSS, give them an advantage and they will win most heats. That is exactly what happened.

Poole were the better team on the night and deserved their win, Belle Vue were 2nd best on the night and did well to stop Poole getting 4 pts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

Belle Vue were 2nd best coming out of turn 2 lap1 in most of the heats, Poole have riders who love the NSS, give them an advantage and they will win most heats. That is exactly what happened.

Poole were the better team on the night and deserved their win, Belle Vue were 2nd best on the night and did well to stop Poole getting 4 pts.

Exactly what ive been saying but some Poole fans cant quite grasp it.

Ipswich have riders that are poor at the NSS but go well at Poole........for that reason i would much rather face Poole in the play offs

Poole have riders that are poor at Foxhall but go well at the NSS.....for that reason Poole would choose Belle Vue rather than Ipswich

Poole can go to Belle Vue and win...........Ipswich will go to Belle Vue and lose.................doesnt make Poole the better side

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Ipswich have riders that are poor at the NSS but go well at Poole........for that reason i would much rather face Poole in the play offs

Poole have riders that are poor at Foxhall but go well at the NSS.....for that reason Poole would choose Belle Vue rather than Ipswich

Poole can go to Belle Vue and win...........Ipswich will go to Belle Vue and lose.................doesnt make Poole the better side

Not sure about that you can't say what happened in previous meetings can necessarily be the same when they meet again especially in the play offs and we have to replace Worrall, Covatti usually is good at Ipswich but was poor last time for example. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I agree that Poole have a selection of riders who go very well at the NSS but I still believe we would do them over 2 legs with a full team. I think they are overrated, mostly by their own fan base.

Let's be honest, they only just beat a 6 man team. 3 races where bv had as good as 1 rider. That's a huge advantage.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, acef said:

I agree that Poole have a selection of riders who go very well at the NSS but I still believe we would do them over 2 legs with a full team. I think they are overrated, mostly by their own fan base.

Let's be honest, they only just beat a 6 man team. 3 races where bv had as good as 1 rider. That's a huge advantage.

I would back Poole to beat Belle Vue over two legs with a full team.Your issues weren't confined to just Bickley, If Worrall and Bewley could get back to form then you would have a team to fear. 

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would back Poole to beat Belle Vue over two legs with a full team.Your issues weren't confined to just Bickley, If Worrall and Bewley could get back to form then you would have a team to fear. 

Equally, had tero been riding, hed have scored the 1 point to at least make a draw. 4 nights earlier at your place you only beat us by 2. We were well in that meeting.

It would be close. Very close 

Don’t see it. I think BV will struggle to qualify for the playoffs to be honest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t see it. I think BV will struggle to qualify for the playoffs to be honest.

Yes i have said that before i don't see how they can do it. 

33 minutes ago, acef said:

Equally, had tero been riding, hed have scored the 1 point to at least make a draw. 4 nights earlier at your place you only beat us by 2. We were well in that meeting.

It would be close. Very close 

Bewley and Worrall need to improve to have a chance. At home we had two riders withdrawn injured. 

Edited by foreverblue

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes i have said that before i don't see how they can do it. 

Because there is a way to go in the season and all 3 of wolves kl and peterboro are garbage.

If dan and steve pick up we will be make it easy but that is a big if

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Bewley and Worrall need to improve to have a chance. At home we had two riders withdrawn injured. 

Yes but before that we were in the meeting.

8 minutes ago, acef said:

Yes but before that we were in the meeting.

Yes because actually that night Bewley rode pretty well.