British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

eastie v lester kocup sun 30 june 3-30

i see sadly Richie Worrall got injured last night and several champ teams are racing sunday,getting a guest will be tricky, all being well eastie will be full strength, I wonder wether they will use the Edinburgh rider who had a stormer for them last time ?

I think the home team should be capable of winning this time but on the form book lester should be capable of winning a 2 legged tie comfortably.

Not such extreme heat sunday so hopefully the track will be as good as possible

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

getting a guest will be tricky,

Perhaps Leicester can talk nicely to Charles Wright tonight.

Tough luck on Leicester :-(  Lack of gusts will be a problem, maybe  R/R will be the only option.

Assume Kennett will be riding as he pulled out last night at Scunthorpe ?

Eastbourne will  prepare a vastly different track surface to the one when Leicester beat them earlier in the season . Expect a thrashing at Arlignton and an even bigger thrashing for Eastbourne at  Leicester for an aggregate win for Leicester.

Hope there is a big crowd of families and young kids watching the "racing"  in the afternoon sunshine at Arlington. Park your cars well clear of the track at the back of the car park. ;-) 

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Tough luck on Leicester :-(  Lack of gusts will be a problem, maybe  R/R will be the only option.

Eastbourne will  prepare a vastly different track surface to the one when Leicester beat them earlier in the season . Expect a thrashing at Arlignton and an even bigger thrashing for Eastbourne at  Leicester for an aggregate win for Leicester.

Hope there is a big crowd of families and young kids watching the "racing"  in the afternoon sunshine at Arlington. Park your cars well clear of the track at the back of the car park. ;-) 

I could supply a gust if they ask nicely 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I could supply a gust if they ask nicely 

Incredible gesture on your part. Definitely not to be sniffed at. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Assume Kennett will be riding - the club website said last night (Friday) he would be.

Silence from Leicester

And it is Eastbourne v Leicester - not Eastie v Lester. FFS. If you are going to start a thread, for god's sake do it properly.

4 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What a sad and negative old person you must be. No doubt one of those dinosaurs who moans any time anyone under the age of 21 walks within 10 feet of them. I've seen Eastbourne's Community Programme in action on 2 visits to Arlington this season, a credit to their Club and the sport, trying to bring in new fans to replace the sad old dinosaurs. 

Brummies too doing great work with kids and sadly sad old gits at Perry Barr too, mostly from Sutton Coldfield.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Any news on the Leicester guest tomorrow.

Stewart Dickson had booked MPT, but he snapped his frame tonight at Leicester, so now can't ride. Also now no Josh Bates after his crash. With 8 teams riding on Sunday Dickson said on his interview on the Lions facebook page that he had rung everywhere & was out of options. He did mention pre-meeting tonight that Wallnger was guest at reserve.

Leicester could not find a guest for Worrall , Palm Toft agreed to ride this evening but then snapped his frame so they declined the booking so R/R is being used.

We struggled to get a guest for Worrall so now getting a guest for Bates is going to be almost impossible.

Wallinger was booked to guest for Jack Thomas but i understand he crashed at Plymouth on friday & had now withdrawn from the guest booking at Eastbourne so its back to the drawing board there.

7 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Leicester could not find a guest for Worrall , Palm Toft agreed to ride this evening but then snapped his frame so they declined the booking so R/R is being used.

We struggled to get a guest for Worrall so now getting a guest for Bates is going to be almost impossible.

Wallinger was booked to guest for Jack Thomas but i understand he crashed at Plymouth on friday & had now withdrawn from the guest booking at Eastbourne so its back to the drawing board there.

Extance according to Eastbourne website at reserve

Apparently its rr for ritchie worrall, ryan terry daley in for bates and adam extance in for thomas.

i was looking forward to 230 m round trip to watch this match but not any more

Should be a romp for the eagles and probably by enough to be comfortable over the 2 legs.

However this Lions team does not lie down and will hopefully put up a  decent fight.