British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Sheffield Vs Somerset 30th June Championship

The omens are good for a bright, sunny warm day and this could potentially be a cracker. We have got used to close home meetings of late and this should be exactly that as well.

Not sure on the situation regarding Zaine being fit to take part or not. I'm sure someone will have an update.

A word of warning across the road in Hillsborough Park on Sunday there is the annual Owls in the park, which I shall be attending earlier in the day, so parking may be at a premium at Owlerton, though it should be on the wind down by the time the speedway is due to start.

Lots of teams racing Sunday so not too many guest options (if needed). Greaves may be best option. 

5 hours ago, TigerAl said:

The omens are good for a bright, sunny warm day and this could potentially be a cracker. We have got used to close home meetings of late and this should be exactly that as well.

Not sure on the situation regarding Zaine being fit to take part or not. I'm sure someone will have an update.

A word of warning across the road in Hillsborough Park on Sunday there is the annual Owls in the park, which I shall be attending earlier in the day, so parking may be at a premium at Owlerton, though it should be on the wind down by the time the speedway is due to start.

Can't see zaine been fit after that bad crash hopefully he's not out too long.Options are very limited for guests so looks like we will be weaker once again against Somerset. Can't remember last time we rode them with 7 fit riders.Full day for me too ,owls in the park then walk along for a cracking speedway meeting between 2 good sides.

5 hours ago, TigerAl said:

Apparently Owlerton is not being used as parking for Owls In The Park. 

What time do the gates open? Looking to make the trek up to this one after being at Scunny on Friday to make it a weekend of speedway :)

11 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Any word on whether we can have a guest for Kyle?

Jake Allen

Full teams

Line-ups: Sheffield - 1. Danny King, 2. Drew Kemp, 3. Ty Proctor, 4. Broc Nicol, 5. Jake Allen (Guest), 6. Simon Lambert (Guest), 7. Josh MacDonald - Team Manager Simon Stead
Somerset - 1. Rory Schlein, 2. Todd Kurtz, 3. Valentin Grobauer, 4. Stefan Nielsen (Guest), 5. Chris Harris, 6. Anders Rowe, 7. Henry Atkins - Team Manager Garry May

Edited by Fozzie4388

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Jake Allen

Full teams

Line-ups: Sheffield - 1. Danny King, 2. Drew Kemp, 3. Ty Proctor, 4. Broc Nicol, 5. Jake Allen (Guest), 6. Simon Lambert (Guest), 7. Josh MacDonald - Team Manager Simon Stead
Somerset - 1. Rory Schlein, 2. Todd Kurtz, 3. Valentin Grobauer, 4. Stefan Nielsen (Guest), 5. Chris Harris, 6. Anders Rowe, 7. Henry Atkins - Team Manager Garry May

Somerset significantly weakened by the loss of Covatti he was flying - with the greatest of respect to Nielsen he’s unlikely to get anywhere near Nico’s  scoring. Sheffield stronger with Allen for Howarth assuming Jake is now fully fit IMO. This should be a comfortable home win.

Hopefully not too serious for Broc. R/R would be the only option with Kemp and the reserves allowed to ride.

40 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

And Broc has just taken a trip to hospital from Leicester...

Far too many bad crashes these days.Or is it my imagination 

Sounds like the out of control Josh bates strikes !!!! Just when Broc is running into form .  Might be another struggle meeting with half a side !! 

Should be another ball tearer of a meet, yes tigers have strengthened  and should come down to heat 15 decider, up the tigers