British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Sheffield Vs Somerset 30th June Championship

43 minutes ago, slater170 said:

Do you have to practice being a massive pr*ck or does it just come naturally? No need for the sarcasm 

to answer your question , my charm and wit come naturally from my old mans side of the family .   anything else ?

46 minutes ago, slater170 said:

Do you have to practice being a massive pr*ck or does it just come naturally? No need for the sarcasm 

never practice being a rick , it a natural thing handed down through generations . but i do and can read the info sheet on the use of night nurse medicine ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slater170 said:

Well done....Give yourself a cream bun

i will buy a twin pack and post you one out to celebrate .

Was the track as bad as the Somerset promotion state?

Just now, GWC said:

It was a bit trick early on but danny king threatened the track record in ht 6 i think so couldnt have been that bad Sheffield fancied it one somerset rider didnt simple as that really 

• Like 1

Schlein is a reason people fans don’t attend anymore, paying good money to watch him not try a leg when it doesn’t suit, but getting plenty money to ride slick tracks which is all he can do.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GWC said:

Two of the races had times of 59.50 and 59.54 only 0.4 from the track record. Speaks for itself really, must have been really dangerous.

Anyone else notice that just before heat 13 and Schlein being due back on track they played 'it's a man's world' by James Brown. Made me laugh anyway.

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Quite frankly im as disappointed with the Somerset promotion as i am with Schein. Wright kicked up a stink before and got the boot. Same should have happened to Rory, no rider is bigger than Speedway.

That's an interesting and valid point - It's a bizarre one in that Todd Kurtz had his best meeting of the season by a long distance on a track that was 'terrible' according to the Somerset team manager and promotor. It's a sad sign of the times when you only have to look at IDH's picture of the Oak Tree Arena last week to see it resembling the M5 by half way through the meeting to see who is dictating track prep there and calling the shots. No wonder he doesn't fancy it with some dirt down on the track.

I said at the time and I stand by it, signing Schlein was a mistake and the most untypical Somerset signing you will ever see.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Najjer said:

That's an interesting and valid point - It's a bizarre one in that Todd Kurtz had his best meeting of the season by a long distance on a track that was 'terrible' according to the Somerset team manager and promotor. It's a sad sign of the times when you only have to look at IDH's picture of the Oak Tree Arena last week to see it resembling the M5 by half way through the meeting to see who is dictating track prep there and calling the shots. No wonder he doesn't fancy it with some dirt down on the track.

I said at the time and I stand by it, signing Schlein was a mistake and the most untypical Somerset signing you will ever see.

Schlein came to Sheilfield with Ipswich ,slick track 18pt max,guested for Glasgow few weeks later dirt on track 7 from 5 not interested.Probably was on guarantee. 

11 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Schlein came to Sheilfield with Ipswich ,slick track 18pt max,guested for Glasgow few weeks later dirt on track 7 from 5 not interested.Probably was on guarantee. 

Cracking ride from two ex Tigers and one ex Rebel.

Oh and Rory was there as well.

• Like 1

Garry May certainly won't be reprimanding him by the looks of it.....

https://www.burnhamandhighbridgeweeklynews.co.uk/sport/17740384.somerset-rebels-boss-garry-may-calls-sheffield-tigers-speedway-track-terrible/

I do remember them playing "It's A Man's World" but didn't twig that Rory was out at the time, although I do remember Talking Heads "Road To Nowhere" which isn't usually an Owlerton staple! 

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Schlein is a reason people fans don’t attend anymore, paying good money to watch him not try a leg when it doesn’t suit, but getting plenty money to ride slick tracks which is all he can do.

Bigger worry is that he is the guy tasked by No Limits Programme to Coach on and off track - hardly the perfect role model -  "whinging Aussie" (excuse the irony)

• Like 2