British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Leicester Vs Redcar 29/06/19

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

Hope we put up as good a show at Leicester as Leicester did at Redcar.  I will be delighted if we can get around 40

• Like 1

A very big task for the Bears tonight. If we get somewhere near to getting a point, it will be a good performance against a very strong Lions team. 

Nasty crash between Josh Bates and Broc Nicol, heat 3 still not completed. 

3 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Nasty crash between Josh Bates and Broc Nicol, heat 3 still not completed. 

Glad I'm not there.

5 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Glad I'm not there.

Still waiting for country ambulance to come and take them both to hospital. One or two murmurings of discontent happening now. Pretty good crowd too. 

Edited by 40-38

1 hour ago, 40-38 said:

Still waiting for country ambulance to come and take them both to hospital. One or two murmurings of discontent happening now. Pretty good crowd too. 

It was before a load of them left... Probably to never return

• Sad 1

Thanks Josh  Bates for prematurely bringing to an end my 71st year of supporting Speedway ~ Leicester ~ Coventry ~ then Leicester again. I haven't ridden a motorbike for a good number of years but even I knew there was no way you were going to get round the bend with that reckless move and taking down another rider too. Time I reckon to re think your career as you are a liability on a Speedway bike. I left after an hour of waiting for paramedics/county ambulance and a good number of others did as well. I very much doubt if some of them will be back, including me. Sad but that's it now. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Thanks Josh  Bates for prematurely bringing to an end my 71st year of supporting Speedway ~ Leicester ~ Coventry ~ then Leicester again. I haven't ridden a motorbike for a good number of years but even I knew there was no way you were going to get round the bend with that reckless move and taking down another rider too. Time I reckon to re think your career as you are a liability on a Speedway bike. I left after an hour of waiting for paramedics/county ambulance and a good number of others did as well. I very much doubt if some of them will be back, including me. Sad but that's it now. 

See you next Friday :D

Aww Gemini   sad to hear this but I do know how difficult it is for you to attend these days. I very nearly went tonight but am still struggling to get my motivation going after Brandon closing :sad: .Speedway will miss you as you have been a very loyal servant x :cry:

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Sad when a fan makes this decision.

Edited by Speedway4ever

Absolute b***** disgrace. Bears 6 points adrift, and worth a point all day long. But no, wait until the moment they go 8 adrift, then curfew the meeting, and declare a result.

The fans are being shortchanged . They spend their money travelling, entry into meetings, then a 100 mile drive home, sick to their stomachs at having a well earned point snatched away.

Why not curtail after the previous heat ? The Lions had won the meeting, they could get no more points, so job done. But no.

Speedway is being killed when decisions such as these are made.

I leave you sick, fed up, and thoroughly disillusioned.

1 minute ago, parkendlass said:

Absolute b***** disgrace. Bears 6 points adrift, and worth a point all day long. But no, wait until the moment they go 8 adrift, then curfew the meeting, and declare a result.

The fans are being shortchanged . They spend their money travelling, entry into meetings, then a 100 mile drive home, sick to their stomachs at having a well earned point snatched away.

Why not curtail after the previous heat ? The Lions had won the meeting, they could get no more points, so job done. But no.

Speedway is being killed when decisions such as these are made.

I leave you sick, fed up, and thoroughly disillusioned.

Alternatively - the curfew is 10:30 and the result was called after the last race that finished before this time. If the Bears had got a 3-3 than they would have got a point.

Understand the frustration.