British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Leicester Vs Redcar 29/06/19

OMG -- this is beginning to sound like a POOLE tactic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

Thanks Josh  Bates for prematurely bringing to an end my 71st year of supporting Speedway ~ Leicester ~ Coventry ~ then Leicester again. I haven't ridden a motorbike for a good number of years but even I knew there was no way you were going to get round the bend with that reckless move and taking down another rider too. Time I reckon to re think your career as you are a liability on a Speedway bike. I left after an hour of waiting for paramedics/county ambulance and a good number of others did as well. I very much doubt if some of them will be back, including me. Sad but that's it now. 

That is so harsh . Fact of the matter is Josh went to go round the outside in a gap that was there & picked up unexpected drive & hit Broc Nicol who was locking up on the outside. I think you are bang out of order in your comment this was purely a racing incident

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parkendlass said:

Absolute b***** disgrace. Bears 6 points adrift, and worth a point all day long. But no, wait until the moment they go 8 adrift, then curfew the meeting, and declare a result.

The fans are being shortchanged . They spend their money travelling, entry into meetings, then a 100 mile drive home, sick to their stomachs at having a well earned point snatched away.

Why not curtail after the previous heat ? The Lions had won the meeting, they could get no more points, so job done. But no.

Speedway is being killed when decisions such as these are made.

I leave you sick, fed up, and thoroughly disillusioned.

a curfew is a curfew 10:30pm its been same since day 1. If you had been 8 behind before heat 12 you would have felt robbed for not having the chance to claw 2 points back & gain a point. If a meeting was declared before 10:30pm fans would complain they have been robbed of racing. 

Credit where its due . Redcar deserved a point tonight . But sadly the curfew kicking in just at the wrong time which is no fault of Leicester. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

That is so harsh . Fact of the matter is Josh went to go round the outside in a gap that was there & picked up unexpected drive & hit Broc Nicol who was locking up on the outside. I think you are bang out of order in your comment this was purely a racing incident

So the tracks fault then? Yet 8 riders in the two races before had managed 8 laps without any of them picking up 'unexpected drive'.

8 hours ago, Speedway4ever said:

Sad when a fan makes this decision.

But that is what has been happening for nearly ten years now. A process accelerated under the "leadership" of Chapman and Godfrey. And will continue until speedway as we know whimpers to an inglorious end.

• Like 2

I was getting worried for a  while. Almost 2 pages on a thread and no one had blamed Rob Godfrey for something. If he is so bad, why don’t the other promoters just vote him off?

19 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

I was getting worried for a  while. Almost 2 pages on a thread and no one had blamed Rob Godfrey for something. If he is so bad, why don’t the other promoters just vote him off?

It would take more than getting rid of the 'God' to save the sport. British speedway is skint, and getting rid of the dynamic duo won't change anything. Chapman is propping up the top flight and the second tier is staring into the abyss. It's going to be survival of the fittest in years to come.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

It would take more than getting rid of the 'God' to save the sport. British speedway is skint, and getting rid of the dynamic duo won't change anything. Chapman is propping up the top flight and the second tier is staring into the abyss. It's going to be survival of the fittest in years to come.

One big league next year looms. The key question is the level of racing and the cost to make it affordable for clubs and fans.

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

One big league next year looms. The key question is the level of racing and the cost to make it affordable for clubs and fans.

It will be very interesting to see how the trial of the new standard engines go on the Isle of Wight. Anything to bring down the costs of equipment must be a good thing.

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
11 hours ago, Gemini said:

Thanks Josh  Bates for prematurely bringing to an end my 71st year of supporting Speedway ~ Leicester ~ Coventry ~ then Leicester again. I haven't ridden a motorbike for a good number of years but even I knew there was no way you were going to get round the bend with that reckless move and taking down another rider too. Time I reckon to re think your career as you are a liability on a Speedway bike. I left after an hour of waiting for paramedics/county ambulance and a good number of others did as well. I very much doubt if some of them will be back, including me. Sad but that's it now. 

Why would you not return? Obviously I was not there and I agree Bates is a bit reckless at times but to me is he the reason you are not returning? Or was it the wait for the Ambulance? Unfortunately these things happen. Does Leicester speedway not have an ambulance with their medical cover?

5 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

It doesn't matter how many leagues next year, if tracks are still going to run with inadequate medical cover, nights like last night will continue to happen and fans will steadily stream away from the sport, the only saving grace about last night was that it was quite a pleasant evening.

And for what it's worth I thought Bates move on Nicol was a kamikazee move

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

It doesn't matter how many leagues next year, if tracks are still going to run with inadequate medical cover, nights like last night will continue to happen and fans will steadily stream away from the sport, the only saving grace about last night was that it was quite a pleasant evening.

And for what it's worth I thought Bates move on Nicol was a kamikazee move

The big problem with the current system lies not with the track but with the NHS. The Paramedic cover which Tracks pay for is "private" and  provides basic perfectly well equipped ambulance but more serious injury requires County NHS Ambulance to get injured rider (or could be unhealthy spectator) from A to B. The worse the injury the higher spec NHS Ambulance required. Watch "Ambulance on BBC" to see how stretched they are. Tracks not to blame here.

• Like 1

If you said to a speedway fan..... last night there was a big crash caused by reckless riding who do you think was involved. Bates or Garrity would be the answer 9 times out of ten

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

The big problem with the current system lies not with the track but with the NHS. The Paramedic cover which Tracks pay for is "private" and  provides basic perfectly well equipped ambulance but more serious injury requires County NHS Ambulance to get injured rider (or could be unhealthy spectator) from A to B. The worse the injury the higher spec NHS Ambulance required. Watch "Ambulance on BBC" to see how stretched they are. Tracks not to blame here.

But the delay was because the paramedic was with the rider(s) and not the wait for the ambulance, all tracks should have adequate cover, not only to attend injured people but to also ensure there are no delays like last night... tracks are to blame

• Like 1

Why do people in speedway continue to use the term 'county ambulance'? There hasn't been a county ambulance service round here for 20 years. Just call it an NHS ambulance. And yes, the clubs CAN pay for extra cover so that injuries don't cause delays, but obviously they don't want to or can't afford to. 

An apology from the club to fans for the huge delay wouldn't have gone amiss. A lot of people left before the racing resumed, having only seen two races completed. Sending tractors round to make it look like something was happening didn't fool anyone, especially the bloke towing the bowser for lap after lap without turning it on.

Edited by GoldenGauntlet