British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL 30/6/19 @ 15.00

7 hours ago, jenga said:

the cornets seen kyle was getting there near the end of last season . so no flash in the pan from kyle . 

without kyle , glasgow would be gash again ... 

I know only too well. I support him! Smashing lad and family.

I hope to be at Birmingham on Wednesday to catch up again.

Edited by BobC

Now we are getting we would be struggling without a rider that rides for us.

I was under the impression you sign riders that will improve no, the straws through Armadale must be huge to clutch on to.

I am sure we will get the next instalment of there pain later , it is glorious to sit and watch the excuses and blame roll out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Now we are getting we would be struggling without a rider that rides for us.

I was under the impression you sign riders that will improve no, the straws through Armadale must be huge to clutch on to.

I am sure we will get the next instalment of there pain later , it is glorious to sit and watch the excuses and blame roll out.

Spot on Gazc. Just think what Edinburgh would be like if they hadn't signed oor Wullie :blink:

1 hour ago, Cj69 said:

Unfortunately we have some glory boys who started 'following' us when we were winning and now if we don't win every meeting are calling for riders heads.  It's quite funny watching them as they fall apart (usually on Facebook) .  I see them in the pits all over the riders (selfies, clothes etc). Then after a meeting spouting off like the team just slapped their mothers.   

Sure we can all have a dig at riders who are underperforming but we have little to no idea what happens in the pits and behind the scenes. 

You win or lose then u move on with life.  Wee bit banter, wee bit back and forth then on to the next match.  

Sucess is very rarely lengthy and tends to come in go.  At Edin we have been spoilt no doubt about it.  Well now it's someone else's turn, tigers may not have the trophys but they got the stababilty, exciting rides and fans back into speedway.  

Still reckon we should empty Lawson tho :D and ref was bias :rofl:

Excellent post. The glory hunters probably dont even recognise who they are.

2 hours ago, Cj69 said:

Unfortunately we have some glory boys who started 'following' us when we were winning and now if we don't win every meeting are calling for riders heads.  It's quite funny watching them as they fall apart (usually on Facebook) .  I see them in the pits all over the riders (selfies, clothes etc). Then after a meeting spouting off like the team just slapped their mothers.   

Sure we can all have a dig at riders who are underperforming but we have little to no idea what happens in the pits and behind the scenes. 

You win or lose then u move on with life.  Wee bit banter, wee bit back and forth then on to the next match.  

Sucess is very rarely lengthy and tends to come in go.  At Edin we have been spoilt no doubt about it.  Well now it's someone else's turn, tigers may not have the trophys but they got the stababilty, exciting rides and fans back into speedway.  

Still reckon we should empty Lawson tho :D and ref was bias :rofl:

Agree with everything said in this post (apart from last 4 words). I have supported a Junior (Non League) football Team for 50 years, had a purple patch during the 1980's crowds trebled and then fell away again when they stopped winning trophies. Transient fans are not fans.

Edited by Red Tigerman

Fully exspected some team changes today. ☹️

41 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Fully exspected some team changes today. ☹️

Give it about a week.

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Give it about a week.

Who is going?

51 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Who is going?

I’ll leave for you to work that one out.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’ll leave for you to work that one out.

Who I think and indeed should go are no doubt different who will be going.