British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

Premiership - King’s Lynn v Swindon - 01/07/2019

We come  up short again away from home but we had some bad luck tonight but that is all part and parcel of speedway i suppose.Well done to Lynn  tonight  it was a great win for them keeps them right  in the mix.Swindon i am getting concerned now we seem to put one step forward then one step back but we can't give up though keep on going keep on trying you cant ask any more than that.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Seems a strange decision putting Cook in heat 15- 3 points from 4 rides -whereas Jorgensen has had 3 wins in a 9 point total 

I would have gone Cook myself.Had some bad luck tonight when team riding Kerr and then when winning ht13.Wouldn't have felt as confident of getting the result we needed if Jorgensen was in it.Riss was asked but declined,probably battered and bruised after Doyle collected him.And also on the Swindon front i think they picked the right riders for ht15.That R.Jensen was good value for his points.

Think the strange decision was not putting Kerr in ht8 instead of Lambert.

That Riss pass on Jensen was sqeaky bum time.

Hope S.Nielsen is just battered and bruised and will be back soon.That guy deserves a bit of luck doesn't he.

Much needed points. Decent from Riss, TJ and MPT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Much needed points. Decent from Riss, TJ and MPT.

Yes, very productive from the engine room tonight :t:

Off to work now:(But at least I'm a bit happier than I normally would going in. 

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

Just wondering if we might go for Ricky Wells as a replacement for Simon Lambert?

• Sad 1

Given that the Robins were 15 pts adrift after 8 heats and had lost a rider this ended a lot closer than it could have done and had Razza not made a mistake whilst out in front in heat 12 we might even have nicked a point. Well done to Razza, Frenchie and Batch plus a special mention for Ellis Perks who rode his nuts off to no avail.

Not sure what's wrong with Doyley - another indifferent performance - looks right off his game at the moment.

58 minutes ago, Gresham78 said:

Given that the Robins were 15 pts adrift after 8 heats and had lost a rider this ended a lot closer than it could have done and had Razza not made a mistake whilst out in front in heat 12 we might even have nicked a point. Well done to Razza, Frenchie and Batch plus a special mention for Ellis Perks who rode his nuts off to no avail.

Not sure what's wrong with Doyley - another indifferent performance - looks right off his game at the moment.

He lost two steel shoes, that didn't help the cause ....

6 hours ago, tellboy said:

I would have gone Cook myself.Had some bad luck tonight when team riding Kerr and then when winning ht13.Wouldn't have felt as confident of getting the result we needed if Jorgensen was in it.Riss was asked but declined,probably battered and bruised after Doyle collected him.And also on the Swindon front i think they picked the right riders for ht15.That R.Jensen was good value for his points.

Think the strange decision was not putting Kerr in ht8 instead of Lambert.

That Riss pass on Jensen was sqeaky bum time.

Hope S.Nielsen is just battered and bruised and will be back soon.That guy deserves a bit of luck doesn't he.

Stefan is sore and has a burn on his leg so I understand, but nothing is broken.

• Like 4

Good result for the Stars. Another poor spectacle with not much good racing. Only incidents to remember are Stefans awful smash ,Doyle wiping Riss out, and Riss barging past Jensen.

It wasn’t a great spectacle but heats 13 and 14 were pretty good too. Far too much FTG though as per. Nice to catch up with several people I hadn’t seen for a while!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It wasn’t a great spectacle but heats 13 and 14 were pretty good too. Far too much FTG though as per. Nice to catch up with several people I hadn’t seen for a while!

Thought ht 9 was good, and the re-run. With Riss and Jorgensen team riding Doyle out and the re-run with Riss passing Batchelor. 

• Like 1

Nothing is going our way this season but we have also been a little bit sh1te as well. Can't see us making the play offs which is ridicoulous with our top 5.

• Like 1

You’d have to say that Ipswich and Poole look home and hosed so it could be an absolute dogfight between the other five for two play off spots. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Nothing is going our way this season but we have also been a little bit sh1te as well. Can't see us making the play offs which is ridicoulous with our top 5.

Have to win on Thursday and hang on in there, looking at the table it is a big ask to get in the playoffs now.

Only Ippo and Poole doing well away..long way to go yet.15 matches

Edited by auntie doris