British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Panthers v Witches 1/7/19 Premiership

Firstly hope Hans is ok after a terrible crash. Secondly well done to Ipswich who were the better team throughout. Sadly our season is already over as there are not enough fixtures to realistically get the 8 points back lost at home. I will continue to support them at home but will not be taking in any away meetings this year.Tungate was excellent again tonight and Proctor fought hard and scored well. The rest of the team were below par. Ipswich , however have a strong all round team and have a great chance of winning the league this year.

• Like 2

Has buster taken his shale back,,,,, that was slicker than my head. 

Special mention for Danny Ayres, beat Nicholls twice,,,,, oh I did laugh,,, Scott really needs to get himself sacked from the Panthers and get himself a small track 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Poole are getting ominously stronger winning at Belle Vue tonight not many teams will get points from the aces at the NSS, 

Hope Hans is ok

Poole always go well at the NSS

Would love to face the Pirates over 2 legs they are awful at Foxhall

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

I suggest you go back in Speedway history when one promoter had a finger in the pie of 13  Speedway clubs and without him there would probably be no league Speedway racing today. History is littered with promoters  running more than one club

Mr Parker was not doing his multi-club ownership role because of any love for the sport, it was a licence to print money in those days.

Now Mr Chapman does it because of his slavish belief that TV "is a good thing" ( but cannot persuade to his fellow promoters to fill up the stadiums with a decent admission price when the cameras are there ). I think that is driven by Buster's arrangement with his sponsors, that TV exposure comes with any deal he has with them. Is that brave or foolish in the economic framework of UK speedway today? BV was still half empty last night.

• Like 1

What a match... not one for the purist but a 4 big points for a depleted Witches side. First up well done to Danny Ayres whos 4 points were vital.

Have to feel sorry for the Pussycats... you have a track that is superb but on last night's showing it may as well be half the width and races over only 1 lap. Any rider trying the outside line lost 5 bike lengths. Easy for updates though... FTG.... FTG. 

Genuinely feel sorry for them if that is what's served up every week. Who would have thought the Witches would have 7 sets of gating gloves. 

Totally wrong decesion by the ref to exclude King when it was clear to most that Andersen knocked him off. 

And then what came in the re run was shocking.  Out of no where Andersen T-Boned Heeps and both went down hard. I've seen reports that the Witches fans were cheering... that's well off the mark.  There were shouts of total disbelief as to what Andersen had done and concern for the stricken riders. You could tell Andersen was knocked out and here's hoping he's ok. Amazingly Heeps got up and won the rerun.  Not that Proctor wanted to beat him as it would have meant only 5 points down and no chance to use a tac sub.  

Heat 11 saw Tungate "bundle his way past" Lawson in a crazy move .. especially after what had happened the heat before.  Lawson let him know his feelings after the race and a bit of handbags insued. Wonder if Tungate got fined for riding over the centre green? 

Heat 12 saw the red hot Tungate used as a tac sub but could do nothing to catch King. 

Seemed as though Panthers then threw in the towel when the pointless Starke was put in heat 13. Least he got his Audi....

Great result.... poor racing... what has gone wrong with Peterborough and Kings Lynn tracks? 

Up the Witches :t:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Great result.... poor racing... what has gone wrong with Peterborough and Kings Lynn tracks? 

They have been Busterised.

• Like 1

Hope Hans is ok and will make a full recovery. I don't like to see any rider injured especially one that has served British speedway so well.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

They have been Busterised.

Maybe he  can get the tractor to do  a few more laps maybe that might help.!!!

No one wants to see any rider being hurt, but if you try moves like that,, the likely hood is someone will get hurt 

Let''s be honest. Nicholls is finished. He is a 2nd string at best.

Peterborough used to sign exciting riders like Pisszcheck, I remember watching him ride for Gdansk as a teenager. Why were we not in for him?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

What a match... not one for the purist but a 4 big points for a depleted Witches side. First up well done to Danny Ayres whos 4 points were vital.

Have to feel sorry for the Pussycats... you have a track that is superb but on last night's showing it may as well be half the width and races over only 1 lap. Any rider trying the outside line lost 5 bike lengths. Easy for updates though... FTG.... FTG.

Yet whoever did the updates reports passing in about 10 of the 15 heats, which backs up what I saw with my own eyes.

Not sure where you're watching your speedway but it must be amazing, and certainly not Ipswich, where I've never seen any racing like last night in 35 years of being a speedway fan.

There have been gate and go meetings at Boro this year, although those meetings have still been better than I've witnessed anywhere other than Belle Vue having attended about 25 meetings so far this year, but this wasn't one of them.

Heat 11 was a blinder, yet you criticise Tungate for being overly robust in passing Lawson.  Not sure whether you want racing or not?

Edited by CB252

3 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Genuinely feel sorry for them if that is what's served up every week. Who would have thought the Witches would have 7 sets of gating gloves. 

Totally wrong decesion by the ref to exclude King when it was clear to most that Andersen knocked him off. 

And then what came in the re run was shocking.  Out of no where Andersen T-Boned Heeps and both went down hard. I've seen reports that the Witches fans were cheering... that's well off the mark.  There were shouts of total disbelief as to what Andersen had done and concern for the stricken riders. You could tell Andersen was knocked out and here's hoping he's ok. Amazingly Heeps got up and won the rerun.  Not that Proctor wanted to beat him as it would have meant only 5 points down and no chance to use a tac sub.  

Heat 11 saw Tungate "bundle his way past" Lawson in a crazy move .. especially after what had happened the heat before.  Lawson let him know his feelings after the race and a bit of handbags insued. Wonder if Tungate got fined for riding over the centre green? 

Heat 12 saw the red hot Tungate used as a tac sub but could do nothing to catch King. 

Seemed as though Panthers then threw in the towel when the pointless Starke was put in heat 13. Least he got his Audi....

Up the Witches :t:

All down to the type of material that's put on muck.