British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Panthers v Witches 1/7/19 Premiership

4 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

What a match... not one for the purist but a 4 big points for a depleted Witches side. First up well done to Danny Ayres whos 4 points were vital.

Have to feel sorry for the Pussycats... you have a track that is superb but on last night's showing it may as well be half the width and races over only 1 lap. Any rider trying the outside line lost 5 bike lengths. Easy for updates though... FTG.... FTG. 

Genuinely feel sorry for them if that is what's served up every week. Who would have thought the Witches would have 7 sets of gating gloves. 

Totally wrong decesion by the ref to exclude King when it was clear to most that Andersen knocked him off. 

And then what came in the re run was shocking.  Out of no where Andersen T-Boned Heeps and both went down hard. I've seen reports that the Witches fans were cheering... that's well off the mark.  There were shouts of total disbelief as to what Andersen had done and concern for the stricken riders. You could tell Andersen was knocked out and here's hoping he's ok. Amazingly Heeps got up and won the rerun.  Not that Proctor wanted to beat him as it would have meant only 5 points down and no chance to use a tac sub.  

Heat 11 saw Tungate "bundle his way past" Lawson in a crazy move .. especially after what had happened the heat before.  Lawson let him know his feelings after the race and a bit of handbags insued. Wonder if Tungate got fined for riding over the centre green? 

Heat 12 saw the red hot Tungate used as a tac sub but could do nothing to catch King. 

Seemed as though Panthers then threw in the towel when the pointless Starke was put in heat 13. Least he got his Audi....

Great result.... poor racing... what has gone wrong with Peterborough and Kings Lynn tracks? 

Up the Witches :t:

When I went to the Poole meeting the racing was fantastic best I have seen in years so maybe there were reasons why it wasn't great last night, just be grateful your team seemed to adapt to it better.

49 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Heat 11 was a blinder, yet you criticise Tungate for being overly robust in passing Lawson.  Not sure whether you want racing or not?

Rohan didnt race to make that pass - it was a case of Lawson use his sense of self preservation or potentially join us in the crowd.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Rohan didnt race to make that pass - it was a case of Lawson use his sense of self preservation or potentially join us in the crowd.....

What was he doing then if he wasn't racing?

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What was he doing then if he wasn't racing?

Shutting the door when the other rider was still on the threshold - thats not racing in my book

Lawson couldve continued to 'race' but may well well have followed Hans to hospital had he chosen to....

I was there last night and wow, what a stunning witches performance it was. It seems like every meeting we look like we are 'on one' and determined to win every time. Peterborough just didn't not have an answer to it.

On another note how on earth do they get away with a fiver for a burger and 4.70 for a lager? 

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Shutting the door when the other rider was still on the threshold - thats not racing in my book

Lawson couldve continued to 'race' but may well well have followed Hans to hospital had he chosen to....

Well without seeing the incident difficult to make a judgement .

The horrific Hans Andersen crash has to some extent deflected the flack that Panthers and their Management would have faced.  Ipswich far the better side thoroughly  outclassed Panthers from the start. Result never in doubt

• Like 2

That's twice the witches have won there this season,,, and both times its more or less been a gaters paradise,,,, and you  wouldn't exactly look at the witches team and say they are a team of good gaters,,but what they did seem to have is far better track craft going into and out of the first bend..  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Well without seeing the incident difficult to make a judgement .

Well it happened just a few metres in front of me

You heard the initial contact and Rohan just kept on coming......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TB1 said:

I was there last night and wow, what a stunning witches performance it was. It seems like every meeting we look like we are 'on one' and determined to win every time. Peterborough just didn't not have an answer to it.

On another note how on earth do they get away with a fiver for a burger and 4.70 for a lager? 

One of the reason we always eat before going to the showground. Stop off at the services just down the road or if you can get there early enough there is always the Harvester. 

4 hours ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Anyone now how Hans is please...can't find anything anywhere ?

I saw a facebook post that mentioned his friend Mick Bratley who had given an report.   He had full movement,  a small bleed on the brain but doctors are not worried.  

He must have hard a very hard hit on the head.   Wish him well.   It must be doubtful we will see him on a bike for some time.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, TB1 said:

Unless things have changed then that is nothing to do with the club but is down to the Showground management. There have been enough warnings on here in recent seasons about avoiding catering within the circuit. You'll be wiser next time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TB1 said:

Because some people pay it., although not a lot of Peterborough fans do as it’s too expensive.

• Like 1