British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Tigers, Scottish edition 3/7.

53 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

It was a decent meeting, but Glasgow did make hard work of it. Looked a good crowd as well.

Yep, only won by 8 points. 

12 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Yep, only won by 8 points. 

As a neutral i don't care who wins, but throwing points away is making hard work of it. 

The meeting was closer than the points suggest, Vissing was mediocre, he needs to get out of this regular mid season dip,  he was gifted points when Perks retired while on a 5-1 Brummies fought hard and shouldn't be downhearted. Shanes is one exciting rider to watch and Adam Ellis was very sharp out the gate. Wish the Brummies well and thanks for the lovely welcome received to the travelling Glasgow fans. It was a long journey home but worth it.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Col said:

Yeah next time I'll make sure I take a bottle of water with me. Speaking of water, track needed more early on. Very dusty heats 5 & 6. They graded the track before heat 3 but no water.

Heat 8 was probably the nail on the Brummies coffin. Poorest ride for each Brummie, only decent result for each visiting rider.

Was overall disappointed with Vissing, expected more.

Go in the bar and ask for a glass of soda water. It is ice cold, fizzy water and is FREE

very enjoyable meeting, good racing, good atmosphere boosted by some visiting fans, best crowd possibly this season, I estimate around 650-700 mark and Brummies on and off track seem to have turned a corner which didn't look possible round time of the electical outage lies and fiasco. Credit to Peter and Dave Mason for turning the ship around, be great if they can stabilise in this League and stay in it.

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

very enjoyable meeting, good racing, good atmosphere boosted by some visiting fans, best crowd possibly this season, I estimate around 650-700 mark and Brummies on and off track seem to have turned a corner which didn't look possible round time of the electical outage lies and fiasco. Credit to Peter and Dave Mason for turning the ship around, be great if they can stabilise in this League and stay in it.

Was there a incentive where kids could watch on the centre green for a couple of quid?? A great idea i Know Barry Bishop at the IOW  has done something similar taken some of the away fans on to there centre green.

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Was there a incentive where kids could watch on the centre green for a couple of quid?? A great idea i Know Barry Bishop at the IOW  has done something similar taken some of the away fans on to there centre green.

Kids and Adults (for £3 I think).

seen it at a few tracks this season, some promotions are really trying and its great to see.

5 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Hello. And Glasgow riders don't jump the start??

Not last night anyway. Sarj must have been needing the points money, never even twitched at the gate. My gripe is with inconsistent refereeing, some pull everything back, some wait to see if the rider penalises himself, others let everything go.

• Like 1

I think some of the inconsistent refereeing, especially at Birmingham, seems to come from the fact that the referees box isn't quite in line with the startgate. Twice Shanes has been denied an obvious higher position because of this reason imo. Overall, another good meeting, some close racing, passing, which is fast becoming the norm at Birmingham. Glasgow deserved their win on the night but they certainly knew they'd been in a meeting. No negatives from me about last night and was brilliant to see so many Glasgow fans make the long trip South. Hope they enjoyed their evening, the ones I spoke to were a credit to their club. Hope we see them again soon!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

The meeting was closer than the points suggest, Vissing was mediocre, he needs to get out of this regular mid season dip,  he was gifted points when Perks retired while on a 5-1 Brummies fought hard and shouldn't be downhearted. Shanes is one exciting rider to watch and Adam Ellis was very sharp out the gate. Wish the Brummies well and thanks for lovely welcome received to the travelling Glasgow fans. It was a long journey home but worth it.the

Many thanks for the kind words Dorothy. Glasgow deserved their win and their supporters were a credit to the club. I saw a group of them coming out of their mini-bus and boy were they sweltering! They will always be welcome visitors to Perry Barr. Good Luck for the rest of the season.

37 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Many thanks for the kind words Dorothy. Glasgow deserved their win and their supporters were a credit to the club. I saw a group of them coming out of their mini-bus and boy were they sweltering! They will always be welcome visitors to Perry Barr. Good Luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks, I was one of those on the mini bus

Edited by dorothy58

Just saw ht 12 on you tube classic example from rasmus on how to ride a team mate home on a 5-1   NOT!

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Just saw ht 12 on you tube classic example from rasmus on how to ride a team mate home on a 5-1   NOT!

Just watched it too.

Needed to see what happened, as Bickley was in 2nd place as he went by me on turn 1. Due to lots of dust, the next thing I saw was the riders shooting down the back straight with Bickley 4th! The dust really was a problem, Ok on lap 1, not so good on lap 2, and then had to wait and see who came out where by the pits after that.

Shame as it spoilt a decent meeting.

What on earth is going on regarding souvenirs? Very poor, even by NL standards.

Only been once to bham , stood on some wooden boards held up on bricks on 2nd turn my choice , grandstand looked good though!